Dominika Cibulkova says GOOD BYE to TOP 15 for the rest of 2009 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 8th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #31
country flag Wannabeknowitall

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dominika Cibulkova TOP 10 PROJECT | 3 wins away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adner View Post
Anyone from top 20 would take advantage of Cibulkova's draw in RG
Really now?
Yet Nadia Petrova, the same player people are defending in this thread was the player that choked when she pretty much had Cibulkova's draw.
Nadia choked against Maria.
Cibulkova crushed Maria.

Black presidents of the US=1
Black head coaches in the SEC=0
Something needs to change.
Wannabeknowitall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 8th, 2009, 08:18 PM   #32
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeknowitall View Post
Really now?
Yet Nadia Petrova, the same player people are defending in this thread was the player that choked when she pretty much had Cibulkova's draw.
Nadia choked against Maria.
Cibulkova crushed Maria.
Maria crushed herself. Cibulkova couldn't even crush a fly if she wanted to, Maria played 39834983893893 times better vs Petrova.
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 08:23 PM   #33
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

There is no denying that Maria played the best match of her comeback against Nadia at Roland Garros. She played arguably her worst against Dominika. So, I'm not buying that argument that Domi is better than Nadia through Maria.
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 08:26 PM   #34

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutiana View Post
Maria crushed herself. Cibulkova couldn't even crush a fly if she wanted to, Maria played 39834983893893 times better vs Petrova.
It's called a counter-puncher.
The fact is Maria had trouble getting the ball past Cibulkova just as Szavay did.
She let them implode by keeping the ball in play and hitting with enough depth to not let either control the majority of the rallies.

Old Jul 8th, 2009, 08:29 PM   #35
country flag allrounder

allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaidisova28 View Post
There is no denying that Maria played the best match of her comeback against Nadia at Roland Garros. She played arguably her worst against Dominika. So, I'm not buying that argument that Domi is better than Nadia through Maria.
Added to that Maria was absolutely shattered by the time the QF came around after having got through 4 really tight 3 set matches in a row before she faced Domi and on the back of very little match practice pre-RG. I agree though Masha played brilliant in the first set in particular against Nadia - its the closest she's looked to her old self since she came back.

~The Official Anger Management Counsellor of Vikaland~
allrounder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaidisova28 View Post
Maria will always have a good matchup against Nadia.
Nadia moves slower than Maria if not worse when it comes to defense and her follow thru on her forehand is tough to deal with against Maria's flatter forehand.

Cibulkova has flatter and more compact shots.
She thrives on pace. Maria only had one gear at the French and Cibulkova ate it up as Dulko did at Wimbledon.
One thing Dulko did against Maria is mix it up and go for a more compact flatter forehand unless she had a chance to really follow thru.

Sometimes I wonder if some of you really look at these players shots and matchups before commenting.

Old Jul 8th, 2009, 08:51 PM   #37
country flag Freakan

Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute

During past 12 months Domi has beaten all the players that are the main contenders for the 10th place: Petrova, Bartoli and Ivanovic. She's actually 5:1 against them in that period. Don't see any reason why anyone should make a big deal out of her being inside Top 10 as she belongs there as during past year she certainly wasn't much worse than the other 3 players.

Welcome Back:
Dokic Karatancheva
Freakan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 08:52 PM   #38
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't matter too much. The gap between 9 and 10 is huge and as Ivanovic finds form, she will find herself back in the Top 10 easily. She is 48292 levels above Domi, Marion, and Nadia when she is playing well.
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 09:06 PM   #39
country flag Cora

Cora has much to be proud of Cora has much to be proud of Cora has much to be proud of Cora has much to be proud of Cora has much to be proud of Cora has much to be proud of Cora has much to be proud of Cora has much to be proud of Cora has much to be proud of Cora has much to be proud of Cora has much to be proud of

Sorry, but when Domi is playing on 100% she can beat everyone. When you saw Hopman cup she fought against Safina and Domi won. It was exciting match Ana better than Domi? No way...They are on the same. Ana is 2 years older and before 2 years she was there, where is almost Domi now and Ana is not in the best form now while Domi is playing at her best
Cora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 09:11 PM   #40
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

No way can you say Peak Domi = Peak Ana.

ANA HAS A SLAM!! And has made 2 other grand slam finals. She has beaten all the top players, won Indian wells, I could go on and on.

And you say they are even because Domi beat DINARA in the HOPMAN CUP??!?

You're CRAZY to think they are even. Absolutely off your rocker.
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 09:20 PM   #41
country flag -Sonic-
HAND SCRAPED

-Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute

Grand Slams
2009-05-25 Roland Garros 900 SF
2009-01-19 Australian Open 280 4TH
2008-08-25 U.S. Open180 3RD
2009-06-22 The Championships 160 3RD

Premier Mandatory Tournaments
2009-03-23 Sony Ericsson Open 803 RD
2009-03-09 BNP Paribas Open 5 2ND
2009-05-11 Mutua Madrilena Madrid Open 0 -

Premier 5 Tournaments
2009-02-16 Dubai 110 3RD

Best of Other Countable Tounaments
2008-07-28 Rogers Cup 600 F
2008-10-06 Kremlin Cup 220 QF
2008-09-22 China Open 140 QF
2008-07-14 Bank of the West Classic 140 QF
2009-04-13 Charleston, South Carolina 120 QF
2008-09-15 Toray Pan Pacific Open 120 2ND
2008-08-11 The Olympics 96 3RD
2009-04-06 Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida 70 QF

Solid if very un-stellar. A lot of her good (non RG) results are from 2008.

I guess thats what you get when you give so much weighting to the slams?

Last edited by -Sonic- : Jul 8th, 2009 at 09:28 PM.
-Sonic- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 09:31 PM   #42
country flag adner

adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakan View Post
During past 12 months Domi has beaten all the players that are the main contenders for the 10th place: Petrova, Bartoli and Ivanovic. She's actually 5:1 against them in that period. Don't see any reason why anyone should make a big deal out of her being inside Top 10 as she belongs there as during past year she certainly wasn't much worse than the other 3 players.
Radwanska who has nothing to defend until US Open? And she's 1-0 last year(3-0 career) against Cibulkova, with the match including a nice bagel
adner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 09:38 PM   #43
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeknowitall View Post
It's called a counter-puncher.
The fact is Maria had trouble getting the ball past Cibulkova just as Szavay did.
She let them implode by keeping the ball in play and hitting with enough depth to not let either control the majority of the rallies.
Agreed. And for a counter puncher, Dominika hits the ball pretty well. She does not have overwhelming power but she can step it up and dictate when she can. Down 5-1/5-2, she crushed Jankovic in Montreal. From what I read in reports, she dictated against Dementieva in Montreal.
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 09:39 PM   #44
country flag AnnaK_4ever

AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Cibulkova will be the weakest top-tenner in ages. Probably since Habsudova.
AnnaK_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 09:48 PM   #45
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

at most people here.

Why would somebody "not deserve" a top 10 spot anyway? Domi fought hard for it and has the results, so well done to her. Can't wait to see the moment that she's actually gonna make it
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote