Alize back to "BASICS" trying to get her rythme back on clay - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 8th, 2009, 02:13 PM   #31
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alize back to "BASICS" trying to get her rythme back on clay

Yes Tea, that picture says it all. That was during the second set wasn't it, at about 0-3? She already knew it was over.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 8th, 2009, 02:33 PM   #32
country flag tea
taking fanboyism to a whole new level

tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute

Yea Howard, it was in the middle of the 2nd set. Peer was good today, no doubt, but Alize could have tried to resist at least, what she didn't, what she don't wanted to. Is this that girl who was known as a fighter some time ago?
tea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 02:41 PM   #33
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

I think Alize still fights, but she spends a lot of energy fighting herself now, so she has less energy left over to fight her opponent. She needs to be her own supporter, not her own enemy. She just needs more positive emotions. Tactically, I think she needs to learn to be more aggressive again. I also think something needs to be done about her bh, which just has no control or spin now and cannot defend without losing control. Serve needs work too. But most important is her mind.
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 02:51 PM   #34
country flag MsPaula

MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
I think Alize still fights, but she spends a lot of energy fighting herself now, so she has less energy left over to fight her opponent. She needs to be her own supporter, not her own enemy. She just needs more positive emotions. Tactically, I think she needs to learn to be more aggressive again. I also think something needs to be done about her bh, which just has no control or spin now and cannot defend without losing control. Serve needs work too. But most important is her mind.
Oh dear! Alize, where has your confidence gone? She is really struggling with the mental part of her game, isn't she? So sad for her.
MsPaula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 03:09 PM   #35
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

I never thought she would be having results like this after the AO. I don't know what she should do to find her rhythm again.... even smaller tournaments?
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 04:52 PM   #36
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Alizé This will be very hard for her. The next months will be hard, hopefully she can find enough positive energy to fight back

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #37
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

Cant say what will get her out of this crappy thing she's living it. Its all in her mind I think.
What the hell did she was thinking?that she'll go there against peer and that she didnt need to fight on EACH POINT!
I still think she forgot all her basics and today she clearly showed that. She's nowhere right now, in the shadow.
Yes Erik, I think she must play smaller tournament and go to learn from the girls who play that kind of tournaments, how to fight cause you dont have choice.
With this early loss she'll lose many points, dont know if she'll stay top30. That must be horrible seing your ranking drop every week whereas last year at that time you was only winning and winning but every loss is just too much. The fact is that I dont know if she'll ever find the solution to this horrible slump.

Dont know what to say cause there's no precise solution for her.Will she ever come back to her best level by playing smaller tournaments? perhaps yes BUT perhaps no. We just cant know it.
Its all about alize and her mind. Lets keep patient and hope she'll find a way to get back where she was but it could take long. You have to be prepared for that eventuality.It could take more weeks, months or even we have to look for next year.That's a serious thing she's experiencing now.

She still needs big support especially now so ALLEZ Alize!you have to be strong and courageous!

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #38
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

2-6 2-5 in doubles
I bet Eleni has all those double faults

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 05:11 PM   #39
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
She lost 2 and 0 to Shahar. In the very last game there was a second serve called out that was well in but seriously it didn't matter, at most Alize would have won one more game. She was just under attack the entire time, her bh and serve were always weak, and for the last few games she was on the verge of tears. Alize
Thanks for the precisions. I couldnt watch the match and I m asking how a "non powerful" player like Peer could "attack" that much alize on a ver slow surface like clay??I already watched peer matchs and reading your report I m just surprized how much she appeared so a threat to alize
you know what I mean? alize must appear to her opponents as a poor hurted animal without any defense.

Poor alize, her lack of confidence is sooooo obvious,she really needs to work on her attitude. I m disappointed cause yesterday she seemed "in control" but somewhat I knew Peer will be the big test.

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 05:13 PM   #40
country flag améliemomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
2-6 2-5 in doubles
surely alize more. I dont think any of them are happy being on the court right now.

Old Jul 8th, 2009, 07:17 PM   #41
country flag HowardH

Quote:
Originally Posted by améliemomo View Post
I already watched peer matchs and reading your report I m just surprized how much she appeared so a threat to alize
you know what I mean? alize must appear to her opponents as a poor hurted animal without any defense.

Poor alize, her lack of confidence is sooooo obvious,she really needs to work on her attitude. I m disappointed cause yesterday she seemed "in control" but somewhat I knew Peer will be the big test.
In the first set, after Shahar got to 5-0, Alize won two games. Shahar called her coach then, she seemed worried that Alize might come back. Her coach told her not to worry, if she attacked Alize she would definitely win. "Just press her, press her, trust me you'll get her", or something like that. It seems that many of the coaches and players know that if they press Alize now she will succumb.

I've never seen Shahar attacking so much, she is normally just a consistent player without a great deal of power. But Alize was constantly well behind the baseline retrieving. Many times Shahar hit a hard shot to her backhand and Alize lost control. I don't remember many points dominated by Alize. Her serve was being attacked a lot, quite a few winners on the return of serve. The commentator was saying that Shahar had clearly come out with a gameplan to be aggressive. I'm not sure if Shahar has increased her power or if it was just an illusion caused by the way the match was going, but it certainly looked as if Shahar was the more powerful player.
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 07:20 PM   #42
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reports Howard

Old Jul 8th, 2009, 07:20 PM   #43
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
2-6 2-5 in doubles
They are both in bad form. And that's doubles...

Old Jul 8th, 2009, 07:28 PM   #44
country flag améliemomo

thanks for the report howard

that's known by many coachs that alize is strugling these days, she mustnt stay that way back on the court.
Well its a slow recovery so.Courage.

Old Jul 8th, 2009, 11:01 PM   #45
country flag Dinayer
Bazinga! I dont care

Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute

Since AO she isnt the same.....we miss you, Alize
but I still believe in her

Allez Alize!!
Dinayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote