FIRST tennis match experiences!! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 20th, 2010, 06:15 PM   #16
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FIRST tennis match experiences!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevina View Post
I was 9. I lead 5-2, had 2 match points and ended up losing in a tiebreak. I cried and vowed never to play again!
Aww, that's so unfortunate.

I lost today 46 64 9-11 (Third set TB till 7). I had saved 4 MP and had one of my own, but he hit probably his best shot ever.

First time I ever lost from MP. I felt devastated, now I'm a bit better..

Old Apr 20th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #17
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

I started playing when I was 11 or 12 and played my first tournament when I was 14. Only 1 30 min lesson with Strycovas former coach . So i entered a tournament on green clay (which i never seen) and I somehow won my first match. I was up 5-2 and had a mini-choke to win the first and cruised in the 2nd to win 6-4,6-0. I made the quarterfinals and I lost to the no.2 seed who was probably a 2-star I believe and was top 100 in GA and i lost 6-1,6-1. Great experience. Overall in USTA juniors i was 15-36 and won one tournament (i won 2 matches )
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 05:58 PM   #18
country flag BlueCache

BlueCache is just really nice BlueCache is just really nice BlueCache is just really nice BlueCache is just really nice BlueCache is just really nice BlueCache is just really nice BlueCache is just really nice BlueCache is just really nice BlueCache is just really nice BlueCache is just really nice BlueCache is just really nice

My first tennis game(not match) is like a training. I just hit the ball to my classmates at the half-court. Actually my serve is good too. I have to say that i like smash in front of the net. But sometimes error-doesn't hit the ball. I would like to hit ball at the baseline but i can't catch the track when my classmates want to hit the ball to me. I feel that the ball's speed is too fast and I just can't run to the position.
Looks like i need training more.
BlueCache is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #19
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

I was 9...I think. I won 4-1 4-2. I was so chuffed. :lol
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #20
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 28th, 2010, 07:29 PM   #21
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

I don't remember. I remember when I moved to a new club and played in the club tournament for the first time. I made the semis losing to the eventual champion (and my big rival ever since) like 6-3 6-2.

I'm pretty sure I got double bageled in my first LTA tournament.
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 08:39 PM   #22
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

10 years ago at a Holiday resort down south.

I was so tiny and unathletic I could only hit the ball with the motion of hitting a smash. So basically any shot below shoulder height just drifted by me

Good to remember though, to reflect on hopefully some form of improvement. Hopefully the key word there
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 10:29 PM   #23
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Cant remember.. Im sure I was pretty shit though. I lost my first competitive match 6-4 6-0, pretty annoyed, cus I was playing a massive server and I was winning like 70% of the actual rallies in the first 8 games of the match. Then I brainfarted serving at 4-4 and lost it mentally.
Old Jun 9th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #24
country flag shega

shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all

my first match ? I was 11... but soo tall, people thought I was at least 14. My opponent was so tiny I thought I'd sweep her away ...an hour before my match, although I was sticking tightly to my father's arm, a big coach came and told me,
" Honey, don't be so sure you can win it, cause, you will actually lose, this is how first ever matches always go". I lost.
So glad that's just history and all my coach(dad) said was: " It's allright, you just choked"...he never says that anymore
shega is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #25
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shega View Post
my first match ? I was 11... but soo tall, people thought I was at least 14. My opponent was so tiny I thought I'd sweep her away ...an hour before my match, although I was sticking tightly to my father's arm, a big coach came and told me,
" Honey, don't be so sure you can win it, cause, you will actually lose, this is how first ever matches always go". I lost.
So glad that's just history and all my coach(dad) said was: " It's allright, you just choked"...he never says that anymore
omg what did you do to him
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
A Black man fighting for his people against institutionalized racism and its supporters, whenever they raised their ugly heads. He hated White people, period. After making his Hajj to Mecca, denouncing the teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, becoming a Sunni Muslim and changing his name, he could no longer justify his blanket hatred of Whites, but still fought against racism no less fervently.
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2010, 05:03 PM   #26
country flag shega

shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay asbestos View Post
omg what did you do to him
Actually nothing ! But I've improved so much since then (even won my first tournament) and now he never caresses me, only tells me what I did wrong... thing is, the last time in practice he said something good, was " Your forehand has improved so much, it's so beautiful to watch." I was in heaven for a few seconds, till he said " but I don't want to see that forehand slice again cuz it's absolutely useless."

Go figure...
shega is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2010, 05:33 PM   #27
country flag SVK
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute

I played my first tennis match at 12 years...lost 0:6, 0:6 to my 4 years younger brother...I didn´t lose a set to him in next 7 years but you know how I must feel when he´s talking about it to everybody
SVK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2010, 01:40 AM   #28
VishaalMaria

VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute

It was awful!

I tried to serve "normally" but my balls were all over the place (into the net, long, over the actual park), so I decided to serve underhanded after being broken 0-2.

I couldn't grasp the concept of hitting a backhand or forehand, it just wouldn't work. I didn't know how to hit and I was still placed in a match where I ended up lobbing my opponent for the most part (unintentionally) and when I tried to hit a decent looking groundstroke it'd hit the backfence.

I felt awkward on court, because I felt the court was just too big which made me respect players like Justine Henin who could cover the court so well. I literally felt like a sitting duck but throughout the match it got a little better with chasing balls down. I was on the back foot for the majority of the time.

I lost 0-6 2-6. I won those two games because I came the net hitting off volleys; my plan "B" but it was still a comfortable set for my opponent.

I was REALLY amazed at how good my volleys were (if I dont say so myself ;P :P :P), I'd be at the net and I'd have such good reflexs, hitting the ball away from my opponent and deep. That part came naturally to me. It was getting up there that was the issue.
Old Jun 10th, 2010, 09:08 AM   #29
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veerror View Post
It was awful!

I felt awkward on court, because I felt the court was just too big which made me respect players like Justine Henin who could cover the court so well. I literally felt like a sitting duck but throughout the match it got a little better with chasing balls down. I was on the back foot for the majority of the time.
worst feeling ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
A Black man fighting for his people against institutionalized racism and its supporters, whenever they raised their ugly heads. He hated White people, period. After making his Hajj to Mecca, denouncing the teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, becoming a Sunni Muslim and changing his name, he could no longer justify his blanket hatred of Whites, but still fought against racism no less fervently.
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 09:33 AM   #30
country flag asvg_25

asvg_25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Last two weeks, I had a chance to play my first single's game with my cousin. I had a couple of training before that and that first game (with my cousin was my first actual game). I had a lot of fun. However, I was having a hard time making good serves. That, I think was the reason why I lost. I have a good forehand and a little chance at backhand. But still I need some pointers on serving. Hope somebody can help me there. Thanks
asvg_25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote