FIRST tennis match experiences!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 06:16 PM   #1
country flag musiclover91

musiclover91 is an unknown quantity at this point
FIRST tennis match experiences!!

hey frnz..

i have been learning tennis for 2 months now..

i have been seeing various matches.. yesterday i played a game with my friend.. i hit 15 aces in a match.. it was just so great to play..

like to know more about your first match experiences..

regards
Ham
joomla design
musiclover91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 11th, 2009, 02:18 PM   #2
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FIRST tennis match experiences!!

15 aces... Wow.
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 11:38 PM   #3
country flag mojoo999

mojoo999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep it up! You'll be good one day.
Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 06:43 AM   #4
country flag the jamierbelyea
I did it for the aesthetics.

the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute

Well my first singles match was at a U-14 tournament at my home club for the USTA. I really wanted to play in an event, and my club was hosting one, so I decided to sign up for the event.

I was so very nervous, as I had played a lot of tennis with friends, and a little bit at the club, this was my first official event. Nerves got the better of me the entire match, in the warm up I thought I could get this guy, but it was not working. I couldn't keep a rally going, get a ball in play, I lost the first 8 games.

I ended up storming back and holding my serve the rest of the match, but I couldn't break, and lost 0-6, 4-6.

I think if I would've been able to squeak out one of the deuces or held my serve in the 1st set, the match would've gone a lot differently. I just felt like I was out of my league, for awhile, before figuring it how to play.

MY first doubles match, was for high school. It was actually funny, because I signed up for the team, but I had no idea that you needed a physical to play high school sports. So, I missed the first month of practice while I waited for my appointment with my doctor, and joined the team 2 days before our first match. I had no thoughts of starting varsity for the team or anything like that.

Well, I had one of the strongest serves on the team, so my coach decided to start me at 2nd Doubles (to the dismay of the teammate I bumped off the team, who was a senior!). I was flipping out because my volley sucked, and I had never played a proper doubles match before.

It showed in my match. I wasn't standing in the proper place on my serve, and hit my partner in the back twice. I missed a lot of volleys, and did a lot of silly things. We lost 0-6, 3-6 to the #2 team in our league.

Even funnier was , I was clearly the weaker player of my doubles team, but my coach benched my doubles partner and kept me in. I actually started Varsity for all my high school matches because of this.
the jamierbelyea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 08:28 PM   #5
country flag dawid

dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute

My 1st match in tournament was 5 years ago (I was 13). It was Kids Cup. I won 4/6 7/5 6/3 (I was losing 3/1). I think our match was the longest one that day. We played almost 2h 40 minutes. I lost next match 0/6 1/6 despite I played much better than in previous match

Kim "Sexy Back" Clijsters
Jelena "Warrior Princess" Jankovic

Womens Masters Tour!
dawid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 09:54 PM   #6
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

My first "official" league/tournament match was a match for my club team. I was already nervous enough, but then it turned out I was playing someone from my own school (who I didn't really know and didn't even realise he played tennis) which made me 10x more nervous. I felt I was better than him after warming up but just couldn't do it in the match and lost 6-4 6-2.

I used to get so nervous in proper matches especially if they were for the team. I simply could not relax and play properly, always ended up just getting it in which is not my style of play and never works for me. Used to double fault loads too, even when I resorted to just tapping it in. I remember looking at matches on other courts and thinking how can they hit so freely and so normally? I usually was a good player normally but in an actual match (that meant something) just physically could not play.

It took me a good 6 matches at least to even start to be able to hit my shots in match conditions (and start winning them), and a good 2 or 3 years before I could play almost as good as I do in practice/training over the course of a whole match and actually be able to rely on myself to play well.

Never had any of these problems with nerves in doubles, but back then I was absolutely useless at doubles so that didn't mean anything.
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 11:17 AM   #7
country flag mojoo999

mojoo999 is an unknown quantity at this point

good job, keep it up
Old Nov 28th, 2009, 08:24 AM   #8
country flag M-K

M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold

Haha my first tennis match, or one of the first in a tournament anyway, was I think when I was 8 or 9. It was a very close match against a 3 year older girl. My mom took video of it, haha, and I was like running down to the other side of the net whenever we should switch sides.. I was so eager to play! Haha.. And also it came to tie-break in the last set I think and I had no idea how that worked (thanks mom! lol, I guess she thought I would get a huge beat down or something ), so I actually thought I had won the whole match at some point!

Last edited by M-K : Nov 28th, 2009 at 10:13 AM.
M-K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 09:31 AM   #9
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Been looking for this thread.
is all i can say.
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 04:06 AM   #10
country flag GracefulVenus
Team WTAworld

GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute

First sanctioned tournament I played the no. 1 seed in the round of 16, men's 3.0 singles. I started off well, using my big serve to win lots of free points and won the first set 6-2. My opponent started to read my serve a little better, but I still managed to get a 4-2 leadin the second set. Then while attempting to serve I hear FOOT FAULT!!! I FELT SERENA'S PAIN AT THE OPEN. So I turned to the official and said don't you have to give me a warning or something before you just started calling foot faults. She smiled and said no. This *&%#@ called at least 4 or 5 more foot faults on my butt and then started chatting with my opponents wife while we were playing the match. I WAS SOOOOOOOOOOO PISSED!!! And totally lost concentration. Lets just say I got broken on my next two service games to loose the second set 4-6, and eventually the match at 5-7 in the third.

Of course I complained about the official, but she was totally right. I was foot faulting and didn't realize it. Since then I've changed my service motion so my feet don't move, I've beaten this guy 2 times since that match, and I am now a damn official

GV - Back From The Dead.........
Venus better have her hair fixed for the AO I'm just tired of it.

Last edited by GracefulVenus : Mar 7th, 2010 at 07:22 PM.
GracefulVenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 04:40 AM   #11
country flag Justin SW
Member of Rena's Army

Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute

First ''Pro'' Quebec tennis match. I won 62 26 76(7) saving two match points no joke. It was a catfight!!! . The guy cried, I thought that was so lame honestly... but whatever. I have so many harsh and enjoyable tennis memory. I'll try to share them one day when I have time

Justin SW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 10:26 PM   #12
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

My first match...was on green clay in Palm Coast, Florida...and I ended up losing 6-3, 6-4 despite being much better than the kid...I had never really develop a sense of match rhythm
Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #13
country flag Dunlop1

Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember much about my first tennis match. I know it was on red clay, and I was 6 or 5 yrs old. I played with a super old metallic racquet. I remember I didn't enjoy it
Dunlop1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 09:18 PM   #14
country flag Noctis
Marcela X

Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute

when i was 10, i went to the net and smash balls and thinks its aces.
Noctis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 09:49 PM   #15
country flag Hachiko

Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute

I was 9. I lead 5-2, had 2 match points and ended up losing in a tiebreak. I cried and vowed never to play again!
Hachiko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote