Kristina Mladenovic (Girl to watch) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 02:34 PM   #1
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute
Kristina Mladenovic (Girl to watch)

Reason why she is so special and deserve our full attention is not fact that Kristina reach juniors #1 or won some junior GS - we have so many disappointments so far in past.

16 old Mladenovic is just one step to be first boy/girl since 1996 (Mauresmo) who won juniors Roland Garros and Wimbledon back to back... that's must be something. If we look all 9 former juniors which make same clay/grass sweep in same season we must notice that 4 of them is multiple slam winners and former #1 players: Amelie Mauresmo (1996), Martina Hingis (1994), Stefan Edberg (1983) and Ivan Lendl (1978)!

Very good sign for me is also Kristina "size" (connected with power). She is already 180cm and maybe will still grow and at RG this year she played just one MD match, but enough to finish tournament like fastest server co-leader (together with Venus, 200 km/h).

I don't say that Kristina will be WTA #1 in future, but if she won Wimbledon's final TOP10 expectations in next 4-5 years is already realistic to me. Young De Brito and Robson is way more in focus right now and people here is impressed by huge number of Romanians girls in juniors TOP10 in last 2 seasons and by newest "Russian Revolution" after couple poor generations (1988-1992)... but like I say - this Kristina Mladenovic deserve full attention.

BTW she lose just 1 set so far in 11 jr. RG/Wimby matches this season.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)

Last edited by Cp6uja : Jul 3rd, 2009 at 02:40 PM.
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 03:15 PM   #2
country flag oleada

oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future
Re: Kristina Mladenovic (Girl to watch)

Watched her play against Schnyder at the AO and against Gavrilova in the FO Junior final. I'm so impressed. Her serve is huge, unlike most of the other Frenchies, and she's got some nice volleys as well. Her movement isn't bad for a girl her height. She's got a game that can translate well to all surfaces and I hope that she can start transitioning to the pro tour soon. She's obviously a cut above the rest of the junior field at the moment.

If you discount a W/O loss, then she's on an 19 match winning streak in juniors.
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 03:31 PM   #3
country flag ~Cherry*Blossom~

~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute

I saw her beat Sloane Stephens yesterday. Although Sloane was in unforced error mode for most of the match, I was impressed with Mladenovic. Her serve is huge. Towards the end of the match ALL her first serves were around the 115-120mph. She was hitting some at the end at 122mph and they were going in.

It was hard to judge her ground game because the serve set her up with easy put aways and Stephens was really shit when in a rally. But this girl really does have potential.

I was expecting a lot more from Stephens since a lot of people are saying she has a lot of potential. I think yesterday was just a horrible day for her. I'd like to see what she really can do on court.

THE ROYAL SAINT - OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE ROYAL COURT
USO99-FO02-WIM02-USO02-AO03-WIM03-AO05-AO07-USO08-AO09-WIM09-AO10-WIM10-WIM12-USO12-FO13-USO13
WIM00-USO00-WIM01-USO01-WIM05-WIM07-WIM08
•Sometimes I wanna walk in your shoes, do the type of things that I never ever do•
~Cherry*Blossom~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 03:42 PM   #4
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

I think she's 1.85 m at 16.

She's improving in a very good and fast way. Having a big and reliable serve is a huge advantage in the wta imo. If she can built her game on it,she has good chances to be succesful in the future. But serve is not ALL, she's already impressive in her junior age but still has many weaknesses. She's a big hope for the future of the french tennis and perhaps will become a top player. She's already very mature and well entoured by her family.
I like her cause she is not a typical ballbasher.She can mix her game well,and that IS very important to be a champion. I think she's in the right direction but we never know in tennis.
I trust in her potential and hope that one day she'll be a real force in the tour.

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 04:09 PM   #5
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute

Huge girl.

What's her origin? Serbian, croatian?

www.teamula.com. Are YOU team Ula ENOUGH?
TeamUla is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 04:13 PM   #6
country flag Uranus

Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute

Serbian, I think.
Uranus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 04:25 PM   #7
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Marvelous

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute

Parents are from ex-Yugoslavia (Serbian).

I'm very excited with Kristy since the debut of the year.

Let's hope the Frenchies don't convert her into another sniffer...
Juju Nostalgique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 04:25 PM   #8
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Marvelous

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute

Family nickname is Kiki BTW
Juju Nostalgique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 04:31 PM   #9
country flag AnnaK_4ever

AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Cp6uja has already given up on Ivanovic?
AnnaK_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 07:58 PM   #10
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute

Juniors means nothing. You have Lertcheewakarn in the finals who has trouble winning a round in $10Ks.

SERENA WILLIAMS 64 75
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA 61 57 60 LAUREN DAVIS 60 76
Kworb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 08:01 PM   #11
country flag mckyle.

mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kworb View Post
Juniors means nothing. You have Lertcheewakarn in the finals who has trouble winning a round in $10Ks.
They matter for 15 and 16 year olds. 18 year olds like Lertcheewakarn, not so much. The old girls still play Juniors because they know it's the last time they will have success.
mckyle. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 08:03 PM   #12
country flag Vanity Bonfire

Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute

I think she's much better than L-Rob (I still like her, too)
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 08:04 PM   #13
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju Nostalgique View Post
Parents are from ex-Yugoslavia (Serbian).

I'm very excited with Kristy since the debut of the year.

Let's hope the Frenchies don't convert her into another sniffer...
"Family story" of Kristina and how she become right now biggest French Hope (even bigger than Cornet) is very similar to Wozniacki and Golovin case. Wozniacki father is Polish soccer player and mother is Polish volleyball player and her father start to play for one club in Germany and just year before Caroline birth he make contract to play in Denmark. Tatiana Golovin is born in Moscow but when she is just one or two years old her father going to France to coaching one French Ice Hockey club.

In Kristina Mladenovic case father is handball player (Red Star Belgrade club) and mother is Volleyball player (also played for one Belgrade Club) and just year before Kristina birth her father go in France to play for new club.

So Serbia>MLADENOVIC<France case is very similar with Poland>WOZNIACKI<Denmark story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
Cp6uja has already given up on Ivanovic?
I always follow Serbian power 180+ baby's... but of course Ana will be always priority and when she retire I will change my Nick here to AnaI_4ever

BTW I recommend You to watch-up to another upcoming Serbian 180+ power-player girl (if You don't like Mladenovic Ivanovic). She is 14 years old, and her name is Tamara Curovic. Tamara is half-Russian - her mother is former Russian Chess Grand-Master Svetlana Prudnikova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kworb View Post
I started this thread with same statement... but I explain why winning RG and Wimby back to back is exception

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 08:05 PM   #14
country flag serenus_2k8

serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute

I think shes very impressive indeed

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

venuswilliams serenawilliams
serenus_2k8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 08:42 PM   #15
country flag nouf

nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute

she is my girly!! gogo kiki go