Tammi Patterson - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 20th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #121
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
Re: Tammi Patterson

Nice interview here with Tammi;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6UJ6dSjMoY
Advertisement

Old Dec 21st, 2013, 01:01 AM   #122
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the post, Lou. Yep, it was a good interview. Hopefully they do find the right formula for Tammi because she's definitely capable of achieving a lot more than just a career high of 289.
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 04:00 AM   #123
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Nice interview. Hopefully Tammi can find the consistency in her game to be able to match it with players ranked above her. Has a good game, just needs to be consistent with it when it matters.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 05:55 AM   #124
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Today's result: $75K Gifu R2: [LL]Tammi Patterson def. [4]Kristyna Pliskova 7-5 4-6 7-5

Questions:
- is this Tammi's best career win? (Pliskova is ranked #128)
- is this Tammi's best career result? How does this compare with the Aussie $50K final? Didn't she also get to FQR at the Aus Open one year?

I'm so happy for these results, especially after how disastrously she choked in a couple of matches earlier in the year.
Old May 1st, 2014, 06:45 AM   #125
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Tammi never got to FQR at AO, she won her first roud last year (against Ondraskova). That's the only match she's ever won at AO as far as I recall (she's played qualies 4 times).

I'd say this is more impressive than reaching the Bendigo $50K final. She has beaten two handy players, and it's not a home tournament. Plus, it's a $75K which adds a bit of prestige

As far as ranking goes, yes I did some checking, and it's by far her best ever win. Top 200 wins have been very hard to come by for Tammi. Her previous best win was last year against 184th ranked Monique Adamczak (but by retirement, 7-6 3-0), and then at the end of the year she beat 190th ranked Arina Rodionova in 3 sets in Bendigo.

Huge result for her. Lucky loser for sure
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 07:53 AM   #126
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

I am thrilled with this win! She raced ahead in the first set in lightning speed but Pliskova came back at her. Call me a doubting Thomas but after she lost that second set I gave up on the livescores!
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 08:26 AM   #127
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks TS

That's right - I was confused and thinking of the year Marija Mirkovic got to AO FQR. (Didn't she?) (And what the hell happened to her??)

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old May 1st, 2014, 08:49 AM   #128
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

^ Yes, Marija got to the final round one year. This is Tammi's best victory, though she has been able to beat both Gadjosova and Rogowska, however both of these were in the AO wildcard playoffs.

Great victory by Tammi. It's amazing how far she has moved since a few weeks ago when she only won 3 games against Perez on hardcourts. Is this the Pliskova that can go ballastic with aces, or is that her sister? Either way 3 of the 4 wins have now been 7-5 or 6-4 in the 3rd, nice to see some steel in Tammi's game for a change.

I don't she has much to defend till that 50K at the end of the year. So hopefully this is more than an abberation.
Old May 1st, 2014, 08:59 AM   #129
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
This was the Pliskova who served 32 aces yesterday!

QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA. TAMARINE TANASUGARN.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZE LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
QUEEN ALEJANDRA NANCARREZ
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 09:16 AM   #130
louloubelle

^ Even better... the one who I thought it was. Impressive!
Old May 1st, 2014, 09:22 AM   #131
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Except the other Pliskova is better atm I think this one is more of the BBB and this one is the leftie

QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA. TAMARINE TANASUGARN.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZE LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
QUEEN ALEJANDRA NANCARREZ
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 10:12 AM   #132
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Both Pliskova twins are serve bots, but the other one (Karolina) is the one with a WTA title and kind of better at the moment. Kristyna is a bit more raw and hasn't quite put it together yet.

Bloody great win regardless.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 11:20 AM   #133
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Tammi
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 06:59 PM   #134
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Both Pliskova twins are serve bots, but the other one (Karolina) is the one with a WTA title and kind of better at the moment. Kristyna is a bit more raw and hasn't quite put it together yet.

Bloody great win regardless.
Agreed.
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote