Tammi Patterson - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 17th, 2010, 06:01 AM   #16
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tammi Patterson

With this weeks semi final she's up to about #351

Madness.
Come on Tammi, don't stop here. This just shows how important it is to play lots of tennis on clay, endure a few months of mediocre results. Because when you return to the hard court you have to knowledge on how to construct a point.

Marina Erakovic did the same thing in 2007.
Advertisement

Old Sep 17th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #17
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

After winning the doubles title last week, Tammi lost the final this week.

Still great ranking points for Tammi.
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 04:06 PM   #18
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute

I tipped her as having loads of potential when I saw her at the Sydney 25k.

Has the big reliable serve, has loads of power off the ground, just needed to get fitter and steady her strokes.....
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 09:43 PM   #19
country flag Mana

Tammi will be about #302ish with her doubles results the last couple of days
Old Nov 30th, 2010, 12:05 AM   #20
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Tammi is continuing her good form.

She just had a win in the 1R in Bendigo $25K over Hubacek 6-0 6-3. She's nearing the 300 mark with her singles and is sitting at #267 on the doubles rankings this week.

What a revelation she's been this year. She headed off overseas in Jan/Feb I think and was getting pretty average results but she's just persisted and slowly done better and better and is now a consistent performer at the 25K level. Can't wait to see what she does next year and also see what WCs come her way during January!
Old Nov 30th, 2010, 01:22 AM   #21
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Just goes to show that persistence and hard work pay off. A couple of years ago Hubacek was delivering better results than Tammi, and now they're miles apart. She should make top 300 within the next few months.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2010, 02:58 AM   #22
country flag Mana

Awesome work Tammi, don't stop here.
Old Nov 30th, 2010, 03:24 AM   #23
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

All of those tournaments on the European clay have really paid off for her in the long run. If Alicia can't step up soon, Tammi could be in with a shot at the final MDWC into AO.

Jarmila Groth, Anastasia Rodionova, Isabella Holland, Olivia Rogowska

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kim Clijsters, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 03:29 AM   #24
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Tammi is into the QF in Bendigo. She will move up to about 310 with this win and if she makes the SF she could just scrape into the top 300 which would be a great effort.

Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 05:37 AM   #25
country flag Mana

I think her QF is winnable.

Keep going Tammi
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 10:18 AM   #26
country flag Daniel K

Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Don't wanna get ahead of myself but a final here looks very possible.
Daniel K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 10:25 AM   #27
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Tammi is now clearly the best performing Aussie in the series of 9 25k ITFs. Congratulations. I think that puts her in real contention for an AOWC. She's still only 20, which is still an age most people regard as young and still developing. Most people except TA who seem to think you're past it once you hit 20!
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 10:55 AM   #28
country flag jack21

It is becoming a bit of a trend with the Aussie players that the players who were overshadowed by their peers as juniors seem to be coming into their own as senior players while their more highly rated counterparts fall off the radar. In the 1990 age group Tammi was behin Moore, Mirkovic, Bai, Hubacek and Calderwood and now she has surpassed all of them (except Jess).
Will be interesting to watch her on the livestream tomorrow.

Last edited by jack21 : Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 10:59 AM   #29
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

She was never really talked about amongst the group of 1990 girls. Moore, Mirkovic, Bai, Hubacek and even Calderwood at one stage seemed to be the core group from this age group that got most of the attention and wildcards as juniors. Tammi now seems to have leapfrogged them all with the exception of Moore - but give her time and she may end up passing her too
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 11:02 AM   #30
country flag TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack21 View Post
It is becoming a bit of a trend with the Aussie players that the players who were overshadowed by their peers as juniors seem to be coming into their own as senior players while their more highly rated counterparts fall off the radar. In the 1990 age group Tammi was behin Moore, Mirkovic, Bai, Hubacek and Calderwood and now she has surpassed all of them (except Jess).
Will be intereting to watch her on the livestream tomorrow.
we said the same thing within minutes

Yep, another example is Sophie Letcher. It was "Sophie who?" 1-2 years ago, but now she is moving ahead of Isabella Holland and Monika Wejnert who were the two stand outs from 1992. I still get the feeling Holland and Wejnert will get back on track eventually (their past results are still more impressive than Sophie's current results), but Sophie's certainly doing better things right now.