Sloane Stephens - Page 117 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #1741
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane Stephens

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenisamulo View Post
64 76 over Robson
Well played Sloane! It seems that she's getting mentally tougher on the important key points
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #1742
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Sloane has a good chance to win Hobart, would be exciting to be one of the only handful of teen age WTA tournament winners.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #1743
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Sloane

McHale-Mattek-King-Stephens-Lepchenko
Craybas-Burdette-Glatch-Hampton-Raymond
Vandeweghe-Riske-Spears-Falconi-Oudin
Keys-Sanchez-Min-Pegula-Davis
Srodgers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #1744
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future

I see Sloane is now ranked 29th, which would be good enough for a seed at the Australian Open. My question is when was the cutoff point in the rankings?
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #1745
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
I see Sloane is now ranked 29th, which would be good enough for a seed at the Australian Open. My question is when was the cutoff point in the rankings?
The seeds are already finalized. The draw is being made Friday (Thursday night here in the US) so they're using this week's rankings for the seedings. She'll be drawn to play a 1-8 seed R3.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #1746
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

1-8 seed

I will admit I did not like Sloane (probably due to jealousy because of Mel), but she has really grown on me and has so much talent

Cant wait to see her rock it up at the Australian Open and 2013!
moodin0931 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #1747
country flag goOudinUSA

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Thats funny because I was the same way. I didn't like Sloane too much, but what is there not to like! Go Sloane!!

2014 Season
TT: Singles (0); Doubles (3) - Hong Kong w/catgamer, Grenoble w/catgamer, Santa Margherita Di Pula w/catgamer
PAW: Hobart
Q-Ball: Shenzhen
goOudinUSA is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 05:10 AM   #1748
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
Not a bad draw at all... GL, Sloane! Btw, i thought she handled herself very well against Serena. It was a fun match to watch
I'm just now watching that match and I am amazed how Sloane took it to Serena. At first, I thought Serena was giving Sloane a chance, trying not to blow her off the court.
As the match progressed, Sloane kept up with Serena and rattled her a bit. For the most part, I thought Sloane matched up well against Serena at the baseline, using her
speed and placement to win points. Serena was all about power, while Sloane mixed it up perfectly to give Serena problems.

I don't think, I've seen anybody hold her ground against Serena, who has won her last 17 matches and 36 of her last 37 matches.
This should be a big confidence builder for Sloane to take it to the next level in 2013 and I think she's doing that now in Hobart.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #1749
country flag somethingkinda

somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold

Sloane just won over Halep and fed her a bagel

The second set was great, she was firing some decent forehand winners and the FDTL to set up match point was gasp worthy.

Excited for the all American QF match!
somethingkinda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #1750
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Sloane

McHale-Mattek-King-Stephens-Lepchenko
Craybas-Burdette-Glatch-Hampton-Raymond
Vandeweghe-Riske-Spears-Falconi-Oudin
Keys-Sanchez-Min-Pegula-Davis
Srodgers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #1751
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingkinda View Post
Sloane just won over Halep and fed her a bagel

The second set was great, she was firing some decent forehand winners and the FDTL to set up match point was gasp worthy.

Excited for the all American QF match!
Not often that there's an all American QF match without one of the Williams sisters...
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #1752
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Sloane!!! AMAZING WIN!
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #1753
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

Go Sloane
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #1754
country flag Deestruction
Lush...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

SLOANE

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #1755
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Full match vs Robson: http://youtu.be/U12zV7ax8J4
Highlights vs Robson: http://youtu.be/GeuWzEnbfEs
Press conference after R1: http://youtu.be/jzqUYunDi58

Full match vs Halep: http://youtu.be/3BzIMa3JVZU
Press conference after R2: http://youtu.be/3acFpaG50X0
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote