time to hire up a coach? - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 31st, 2010, 09:06 AM   #91
Vaidisova Ruled

Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future
Re: time to hire up a coach?

I don't think she needs a new coach. She is on her way back to the top.

“They are definitely a good example of how local communities can overcome the ‘victim syndrome,’ take greater control over their lives and build productive futures for themselves,” Ms. Sharapova said - UN Goodwill Ambassador
Vaidisova Ruled is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2010, 09:28 AM   #92
country flag Doc

Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future

She needs some new input or skills, as others have said, to get her to actually start to WIN these criical matches.

Her current team are clearly not enough.

Victoria Azarenka, Dinara Safina, Maria Kirilenko

Nadia Petrova, Samantha Stosur, Ana Ivanovic.

0026..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl .... Official Political Advisor to the Maria Mafia.
Doc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 09:34 AM   #93
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

The loss had nothing to do with her coach.

After Madrid I was really critical of Mike and their coaching relationship, but it seems like Masha's back on track to be a serious contender at the slams.

Job well done, Mikey!
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:13 AM   #94
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Mikey love from Maja? Holy crap.
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:16 AM   #95
country flag Doc

Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future

Crahing out in the 3rd round to someone whos been out of tennis for 2 years is not "back on track!"

Victoria Azarenka, Dinara Safina, Maria Kirilenko

Nadia Petrova, Samantha Stosur, Ana Ivanovic.

0026..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl .... Official Political Advisor to the Maria Mafia.
Doc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:17 AM   #96
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

No, it isn't. It's rolling down the coast of doom.
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:29 AM   #97

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaitaBaby View Post
Mikey love from Maja? Holy crap.
I'm a lover not a fighter, k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaitaBaby View Post
No, it isn't. It's rolling down the coast of doom.
Tsk. It's tip toeing on the brink of retirement.
Old May 31st, 2010, 03:00 PM   #98
country flag WTAtennisfan15

WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future

Mike is a good coach, but i think that Yury really kicked Marias butt when he was on tour with her! I think that is the difference!
WTAtennisfan15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:37 PM   #99
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Crahing out in the 3rd round to someone whos been out of tennis for 2 years is not "back on track!"
First of all, crashing? She lost in three sets. Those were heavy conditions and you can agrue that if had been able to complete her match she might have won.

Second, Henin has been out for less than two years and comes back healthy and recharged. Maria was out with an injury that has changed a lot of her game. It's a struggle to find her old form again.

Finally, yes, Henin hasn't been all that convincing since her return either, but she still made the AO final and won a bigger clay title. But I agree that I wouldn't call it back on track either.

But I think fans should face the facts that things will never trully ever be 'back on track' anymore and just hope Maria can have a good healthy career.

This next Wimbledon is going to be very telling since she's sucked there with injuries and recoveries the last few years.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 12:43 AM   #100
country flag xan

xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute

Maria was healthy for RG this year. She's been serving and hitting well. The problems however seem to be mental/tactical, and they call for some new input.

Clijsters and Henin were out for long periods. They came back with Slam Finals. Maria hasn't. In fact she did better at RG last year, just back from injury. Williams sisters have had loads of injury time-outs. Yet they come back strong. I think Maria can get back to the very top and do better than before - but she's got to sort these tactical-mental problems out - such as losing serve at crucial times, and not converting BP.

Maria needs to take advantage of her windows of opportunity - and too many of them seem to be being wasted. I really think she needs some new coaching input to revitalise her game.

Official Hitman of the Maria Mafia
xan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 04:25 AM   #101
country flag istase2000

istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all

actually maria was mentally very tough last year at the french! she was down and out so many times and came back to win. Unfortunately, she didn't improve mentally and lost all the close matches since at the slams.

But all in all, we can only look forward, and I'm sure she's learning from it all. I hope she stuns us all on grass!
istase2000 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2010, 02:07 PM   #102
country flag Sharapower

Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future

Getting some additional help from some coach who's got proved skills won't hurt.
However this RG showing was not that discouraging, Problem is that Masha beat herself in the second half of that final set. She started with a winning tactics and then all of a sudden she changed it. Henin was solid but clearly not invincible.
As a team, Masha & Mike don't seem to be very good at learning lessons from mistakes. I don't know if it's Mike who doesn't provide the right insight or Maria who doesn't pay enough attention but, either way, the intervention of a third party could really re-new the perspective in avery positive way. It's not about dumping Mike at all, I think he's doing a more than decent job. They just need some re-inforcement for a while.
Sharapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 04:01 PM   #103
country flag Lucas_Arg

Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of

She needs a change asap.
Lucas_Arg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #104
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

She was never going to beat Serena and did a lot better than 90% if the entire forum thought she would

Grass is also far from her best surface, she's challenged both Justine and Serena on their best surface in the last slams. When she will get some top wins again this hardcourt season, it will look a lot better.

If for some reason she has a bad US Open again, then yes, hire a new coach, but this match really doesn't scream 'change' something to me.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 04:11 PM   #105

I give Mike a pass on this one (yes, Maitai, you read that correctly.).
He gave her her serve back, lead her through her struggles and she's on her way back to the top.