time to hire up a coach? - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #136
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: time to hire up a coach?

It's funny how we don't care what coach she has as long as she is winning, but as soon as she loses this thread gets bumped

Vartan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2010, 05:31 PM   #137
country flag WTAtennisfan15

WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future

People try to find a explenation from somewhere else than her, even though that the reason is in her own head! Only she can solve her problems!
WTAtennisfan15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 05:38 PM   #138
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

^^But maybe some new input could help her sort her head out...
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 05:47 PM   #139
country flag WTAtennisfan15

WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future

Well yes, or it may mess her up even more! She needs more stability now!
WTAtennisfan15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 05:48 PM   #140
country flag canadia

canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light

it's like getting a great teacher in English that puts a new spin on Romeo and Juliette and all of a sudden you can read Shakespeare with clarity and actually enjoy it. Maybe Maria needs a new perspective on her version of Shakespeare.
canadia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #141
country flag Doc

Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future

If you keep on doing the same thing, don't be surprised if you keep on getting the same result.

And since 2009 she's been losing clutch matches she should have won, and going out early in slams. Would a new coach improve things? Why not? Experienced coaches have got a lot of players out of ruts and helped them to perfect new skills. Look at Dementieva's serve, which was improved by a new coach.

Maria hasn't had a good professional coach. Lansdorp helped her with her groundstrokes part-time. Apart from that she's had her dad (now vanished), and her ex hitting-partner - who isn't a trained coach.

Maria wants to get some new input to help her solve the problems with her game that are holding her back.

Victoria Azarenka, Dinara Safina, Maria Kirilenko

Nadia Petrova, Samantha Stosur, Ana Ivanovic.

0026..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl .... Official Political Advisor to the Maria Mafia.
Doc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 06:33 PM   #142
country flag Doc

Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future Doc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadia View Post
I'll be surprised if Yuri doesn't push Maria into getting a new/additional coach. He seems to be the one that she really listens to and after this year, I can't believe he will keep his opinions to himself. It will be interesting to see. As well, I would like someone like BJK to say something to Maria as well. I think Maria really looks up to her. She needs a woman in her camp.
Lets hope Yuri speaks out now.

Victoria Azarenka, Dinara Safina, Maria Kirilenko

Nadia Petrova, Samantha Stosur, Ana Ivanovic.

0026..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl .... Official Political Advisor to the Maria Mafia.
Doc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 10:10 PM   #143
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTAtennisfan15 View Post
Well yes, or it may mess her up even more! She needs more stability now!
If Pops came back I doubt that would happen. He's the guy that marched her to glory, oh not to mention he's her father. And I don't think she should flat out dump Joyce either. It would just be good if there was some extra input and if Joyce was her hitting partner like old [championship] times

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 10:43 PM   #144
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

I think Yuri was tough with maria and knows her better than anyone so it's better for him to come back..But he's living more his life now I don't think he'd come back

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 11:13 PM   #145
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is either that she should bring back Yuri (unlikely to happen) or get some input from a professional coach. For some reason Maria doesn't want Mike's role to change, I think it would help if he was like a 2nd coach and Maria had another coach alongside him.
Sharapovian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 11:23 PM   #146
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the likes of Navratilova BJK or SOMEONE talks to her anmd gives her advise..I mean someone HAS to tell her to do something different..right?

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 11:33 PM   #147
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

IMO I think they are the only MAIN ones that can give Maria some 'pep' talks and Maria will actually respect and do what they telling her.

I watched her press match conference the other day and she was asked about her loss, she said its just a tennis match whilst others would have said they feel disappointed etc.

Maybe all these endorsements have had some sort of effect on her as well though I think it is mainly down to some mental issues
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 11:52 PM   #148
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

how can we tell her she needs a new coach?? wanna flood her facebook wall!? we can help!
atominside is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 11:53 PM   #149
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo.C View Post
Maybe all these endorsements have had some sort of effect on her as well though I think it is mainly down to some mental issues
Endorsments how? She's always been a commercial darling and used to have more ads and stuff. (btw I really miss Canon commercials )

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 12:16 AM   #150
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
Endorsments how? She's always been a commercial darling and used to have more ads and stuff. (btw I really miss Canon commercials )
I take back what I said earlier. It was sort of spur of the moment, and I still haven't gotten over the loss fully yet. I was trying to pinpoint something and I thought maybe the endorsements have caused her to lose some interest out of tennis but I don't think so she always she obviously still loves playing fights for every point.

Yeah I miss her saying 'Make every shot...A Power Shot' and the dog she had fun with.