STAN lineup order for 2012-3!!?? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 9th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #1
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
STAN lineup order for 2012-3!!??

I'm already bored, I'm not too interested in events I can't attend

So fast forward, on to the next season

As I've said ad nauseam the most interesting topic next season should be STAN's singles lineup order.

What do you think?

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #2
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all
Re: STAN lineup order for 2012-3!!??

Nicole Gibbs
Mallory Burdette
Krista Hardebeck
Stacey Tan
Kritie Ahn
Ellen Tsay

_Can I start a thread and ask for USC??
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #3
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

of course you can, but I don't think it's as interesting as STAN's, doesn't warrant a separate thread? On the other hand STAN's lineup should be a NATIONAL topic, no?

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 9th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #4
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Krista at #3, wonder how many bagels will she 'dispensing' next season

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 9th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #5
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Yes and no. I don't see much effect on the W-L rate the top of lineup no matter how the top 3 are shuffled.
Old May 9th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #6
country flag 2nd_serve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Krista at #3, wonder how many bagels will she 'dispensing' next season
Stanford has given some preference to playing upper classman at the top when of equal level
Old May 9th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #7
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Yes and no. I don't see much effect on the W-L rate the top of lineup no matter how the top 3 are shuffled.
That's exactly the reason why I said STAN lineup order should be interesting.

Since, they're winning everything anyway

Next season might be quite boring

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 9th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #8
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

If Kristie Ahn ever gets healthy she will be challenging for the top spot. IMO she is more talented than Gibbs.

Which means that Hardebeck could conceivably be at 4.
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #9
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
If Kristie Ahn ever gets healthy she will be challenging for the top spot. IMO she is more talented than Gibbs.

Which means that Hardebeck could conceivably be at 4.
Krista at #4

What a 'tragedy'

For her and also for her hapless opponents

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : May 9th, 2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #10
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice

Well this also assumes Kristie Ahn makes a full recovery... we saw that a long time of recovery did not help her ankle heal, so we can't assume she'll even be healthy to play next season. I am hoping she is healthy for NCAA's and that the boot was just for protection, but we'll see.

How good is Hardebeck's classmate? The one from San Diego?
SakiBomb25 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #11
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Kostas? She won't be a starter, can't really say..haven't really seen her play for a while, but recent results are not encouraging.
She was pretty good though.

Anyway, about the ONLY way I see other teams beat STAN is to recruit TOP foreign talents That's the 'price' when one team monopolizes top talents

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 10th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #12
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Nicole Gibbs
Mallory Burdette
Krista Hardebeck
Stacey Tan
Kristie Ahn
Ellen Tsay
With Kristie Ahn being injured, I am sure they can use someone like Grace Min as an alternate, if she doesn't turn pro
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #13
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice

Here's an article about Min back in January. She has good grades... I hope she decides to come to Stanford!

Optimism, but Mixed Results, at the Vanguard
SakiBomb25 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #14
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

I thought it was discussed here already, Min is going to Duke if not turning pro.

Don't get your hopes too high

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #15
country flag ats_tennis

ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
I thought it was discussed here already, Min is going to Duke if not turning pro.

Don't get your hopes too high
Min going to Duke (if she doesn't go pro) is not 100% but based on talking to the Duke coach I think it's very very very likely
ats_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote