Do you think M. Sharapova already pass her peak and will not win a grand slam again? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you think M. Sharapova already pass her peak and will not win a grand slam again?

Yes 79 30.15%
No 183 69.85%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 24th, 2009, 02:39 PM   #16
country flag zxcVbnm88

zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of
Re: Do you think M. Sharapova already pass her peak and will not win a grand slam aga

No. I believe she can fix her serve and win a slam again.
zxcVbnm88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2009, 02:41 PM   #17
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you think M. Sharapova already pass her peak and will not win a grand slam aga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAEKeithSerena View Post
wow, you're a great "fan."
Wow, my fave just lost and I'm bitter, wtf do you expect?

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 02:42 PM   #18
country flag Hazel

Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future

I do believe in keeping positive. However, I have a funny feeling that Maria's career will be one of those '..if it hadn't been for injuries and having to leave the game early..' sort of ones that I read about in the epress with regard to other 'bright stars' who suddenly had to quit - Austin and Jaeger etc.

Awaiting the return of Maria
Hazel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 02:42 PM   #19
country flag Jarl_02

Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of

No

In 2007, she has a shaky end of season, losing to Radwanska in US Open and all that stuff and she came back to win the Australian Open.

She's just back, if we see this kind of form after the US Open, I could understand some people would think she won't reach her best, but she is Sharapova, she'll get in best back
Jarl_02 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 02:43 PM   #20
country flag bad_angel_109

bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsojose View Post
The new serve sucks. Period. Thank God she came back on clay. On grass she's more vulnerable since it's harder to return.

i reckon when it the U.S hardcourt season arrives she'll have improved a lot - especially on her service. im not saying she'll be bak to her early '08 form, maybe 1 more year til she reaches that level again? maybe longer? but she'll def win another GS again. she's still young ppl, only 22!

twitter
AO pics on tumblr
bad_angel_109 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 02:44 PM   #21
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

It's not like she's Dementieva!!!!
The Upstarts: Muguruza, Garcia
The Legends: Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 02:45 PM   #22
country flag drgray

drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumokel View Post
im not a fan, but i actually think shell win the french one day...
Agreed. She has had some really good results there despite it being her fav. slam. I think she can win it in 2010. Or 2012. Every other year seems to be the trend.
drgray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 02:47 PM   #23
country flag starin

starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute

SamSam

no. Sharapova is only in her 3rd/4th tournament back. let her play one full year before we judge
starin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 02:51 PM   #24
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

She's barely been back. I won't have any real worries until halfway through next season, honestly. Hopefully her level will be high again and she will be able to contend for slams.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 02:52 PM   #25
country flag Polikarpov

Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracefulVenus View Post
Maria is a Champion. Many players have gone through tough patches in their career after returning from an injury. Her career is far from over and she will win more slams. I agree that she will win the French one day, despite the surface.
I'm actually starting to think that she has more chance of winning RG than repeating at Wimbledon, based purely on her results at both GS in her last three appearances.
Polikarpov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 02:54 PM   #26
country flag Coffee&TV

Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future

No. She will win FO next year and will kick Dinara's ass there.
Coffee&TV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 02:54 PM   #27
country flag Hazel

Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future Hazel has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgray View Post
Agreed. She has had some really good results there despite it being her fav. slam. I think she can win it in 2010. Or 2012. Every other year seems to be the trend.
I doubt she'll be around in 2012. I have a feeling about it!

Awaiting the return of Maria
Hazel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 02:55 PM   #28
country flag Sharapova's_Boy

Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute

I know that this is only her fouth tournament back, but her movement should be so much better than what it is.

People go on about her new serve, but the movement is the real problem.

Sharapova's_Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 02:58 PM   #29
country flag bellascarlett

bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute

Should we really be asking this question...now? The girl had just come back from a 9 month lay off due to injury and surgery with a new service motion to adjust to. Yes, they are excuses...but they are very much valid ones at the moment. The only thing I find unforgivable is her movement. I agree with others who say that if anything, she should have worked more on her movement during the time she couldn't serve. But give her time. Save the serve, the shots are still there, the fight is as unbelievable as ever. I believe it will all come back with more training and match exposure. Her lack of match play showed today with such hideous shot selections. The number of times she chose the wrong shot was uncharacteristic for her. It was pretty ridiculous. As long as her shoulder won't bother her, I really believe she'll be back to her best.
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 03:02 PM   #30
country flag Sharapower

Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
I doubt she'll be around in 2012. I have a feeling about it!
Maria lives and dies for tennis. If she retires early it would be really that her body is irremediably broken.
Sharapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote