Taking time off & turned pro clubs - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 11th, 2010, 09:16 PM   #76
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice
Re: Turned professional club

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
5/11/10

- Blue chip Shelby Rogers is added to the turned pro club. She turned pro in May 2010 at age 17 and belongs to the HS class of 2010.

Thanks tennisbuddy12!
It always surprises me when I see 17 year olds turn pro and turn down scholarships worth as much as 200K and more. There is maybe one or two each year that might have a shot and maybe be successful but it's a big gamble. Hope she does well!
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2010, 01:30 AM   #77
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future
Re: Taking time off & turned pro clubs

Shelby After like, one good tournament...
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 02:47 AM   #78
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

5/15/10

- Brittany Augustine improved her WTA ranking from 660 to 540. She improved her WTA doubles ranking from 398 to 386.

- Melanie Oudin improved her WTA ranking from 36 to 31.

- Shelby Rogers improved her WTA ranking from 746 to 427.

- Coco Vandeweghe improved her WTA ranking from 301 to 285.

- Jacqueline Cako improved her WTA doubles ranking from 458 to 438.

- Jamie Hampton improved her WTA ranking from 340 to 233.

- Erica Krisan improved her WTA ranking from 910 to 631.

- Julia Cohen improved her WTA ranking from 189 to 177. She improved her WTA doubles ranking from 402 to 308.

- Ivana King improved her WTA ranking from 990 to 825. She acquired a WTA doubles ranking of 933.

- Macall Harkins improved her WTA ranking from 442 to 416. She improved her WTA doubles ranking from 582 to 469.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 03:04 AM   #79
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

When did Cako turn pro? And...dear god why??
Old May 16th, 2010, 03:09 AM   #80
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

I don't think Cako turned pro yet but she's on the likely to turn pro watch list.
Old May 16th, 2010, 03:39 AM   #81
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

I heard at FWB she turned pro
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 06:20 AM   #82
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Julia Boserup...update? When did she decide not to come to Duke? Never heard of her anyway...
Old May 16th, 2010, 06:50 AM   #83
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
Julia Boserup...update? When did she decide not to come to Duke? Never heard of her anyway...
Do you follow junior tennis at all?

And Julia will never be playing for Duke. She is a pro.
http://www.usta.com/Global/Play_Now/...spotlight.aspx
Old May 16th, 2010, 03:38 PM   #84
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Do you follow junior tennis at all?

And Julia will never be playing for Duke. She is a pro.
http://www.usta.com/Global/Play_Now/...spotlight.aspx
I meant I had never heard about her coming to Duke. I know she won the Orange Bowl. Thanks for the update.
Old May 16th, 2010, 07:44 PM   #85
country flag gouci

5/16/10

- Ahsha Rolle of USA is added to the turned pro club. She turned pro in 2004 at age 19 and belongs to the HS class of 2003.

She has a one-handed backhand.

Old Jun 5th, 2010, 10:18 PM   #86
country flag gouci

6/5/10

- Eleanor Peters of Syracuse and Maryland is added to the turned pro club. She turned pro after graduation in May 2010 at age 21 and belongs to the HS class of 2006.

Peters Making Mark As A Pro

Old Jun 6th, 2010, 02:43 AM   #87
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

What exactly constitutes "turning pro"? Obviously many of these girls were pros (took money) BEFORE college so I'm just curious what the rule is about playing pro events during college. As far as I can tell, Peters hasn't won a main draw match yet in 2010. Again, I don't know the rule, but since she hasn't actually made any money, it seems that if she wanted to she could go back to college without penalty (I'm assuming she still has eligibility left)...sort of like the basketball players who declare for the draft without hiring an agent?

Can anyone help me out here?
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2010, 02:24 PM   #88
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
What exactly constitutes "turning pro"? Obviously many of these girls were pros (took money) BEFORE college so I'm just curious what the rule is about playing pro events during college. As far as I can tell, Peters hasn't won a main draw match yet in 2010. Again, I don't know the rule, but since she hasn't actually made any money, it seems that if she wanted to she could go back to college without penalty (I'm assuming she still has eligibility left)...sort of like the basketball players who declare for the draft without hiring an agent?

Can anyone help me out here?
Why would she want to come back? She has graduated and got her degree. Played part of her career at Maryland and for some reason transfered to Syracuse for a year.
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #89
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Well my question is CAN she come back rather than why would she come back, but my answer to your question would be that assuming Jensen is actually ever around to coach her rather than ghost-coaching through that assistant coach, she should come back to learn a few things about becoming a pro. Jensen likes to claim that he is developing American talent to play on the tour and she obviously still needs a lot of improving. Peters IMO would benefit greatly from playing #1 every week at the D1 level with a team and support group behind her a lot more than she would losing in the first round of the main draw every week at obscure 10,000 tournament sites.

Like I said, if the best college players over the last 10 years can't even hack it on the tour, she might first try being the best player in her conference or at least on her own team before she leaves early (if in fact she did leave early).
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #90
country flag gouci

6/29/10

- Brittany Augustine improved her WTA ranking from 540 to 520. She improved her WTA doubles ranking from 386 to 365.

- Melanie Oudin improved her WTA doubles ranking from 212 to 157.

- Shelby Rogers improved her WTA ranking from 427 to 392.

- Coco Vandeweghe improved her WTA ranking from 275 to 200.

- Asia Muhammed improved her WTA doubles ranking from 386 to 344.

- Alison Riske improved her WTA ranking from 188 to 145.

- Julia Boserup improved her WTA ranking from 426 to 416.

- Jacqueline Cako improved her WTA ranking from 459 to 441. She improved her WTA doubles ranking from 438 to 426.

- April Bisharat improved her WTA ranking from 955 to 945.

- Rebecca Marino improved her WTA doubles ranking from 245 to 210.

- Jamie Hampton improved her WTA ranking from 233 to 227.

- Erica Krisan improved her WTA ranking from 945 to 924. She improved her WTA doubles ranking from 631 to 561.

- Ashley Weinhold improved her WTA doubles ranking from 250 to 239.

- Julia Cohen improved her WTA ranking from 177 to 171. She improved her WTA doubles ranking from 308 to 291.

- Alexandra Mueller improved her WTA doubles ranking from 335 to 267.

- Ivana King improved her WTA ranking from 825 to 814. She improved her WTA doubles ranking from 933 to 903.

- Macall Harkins improved her WTA ranking from 416 to 395. She improved her WTA doubles ranking from 469 to 435.