Price of sporting glory too high to bear - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:56 PM   #1
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation
Price of sporting glory too high to bear

Posting a link to a THES article that showed up in one of my Google alerts, in case it's of interest to anyone.

Full-court press hits athletics as students count the costs
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:03 PM   #2
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Price of sporting glory too high to bear

thx for the info.

"Much of the rising cost of athletics departments is falling on students, whose mandatory fees for housing, food and activities - including subsidies for athletics - have increased 13 per cent faster than those for tuition between 2005 and 2009."
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:04 PM   #3
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

The article does not address the way that sports provide an ongoing connection between alumni and their school.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:04 PM   #4
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

When I saw the word "bear" instead of "bare" in Embittered's post I thought it was a story about Cal or Baylor.

If you don't like paying athletic fees there are good Division 2 or 3 schools you can attend instead.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #5
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

"Bear" is correct...as in bearing a load.

"Bare" means without covering - naked.
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #6
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to add that 'bear' is in Latin Fero, which is a SUPER tricky word since it's conjugation is SO irregular

fero, ferre, tuli, latum,

are you kidding me?
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 06:03 AM   #7
country flag tammywilson52

tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice

Thanks for the link and nice info on bare and bear.
tammywilson52 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #8
country flag harris.margaret9

harris.margaret9 is just really nice harris.margaret9 is just really nice harris.margaret9 is just really nice harris.margaret9 is just really nice harris.margaret9 is just really nice harris.margaret9 is just really nice harris.margaret9 is just really nice harris.margaret9 is just really nice harris.margaret9 is just really nice harris.margaret9 is just really nice harris.margaret9 is just really nice

Yup I think “bear” is correct.
harris.margaret9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote