Ana Ivanovic Pictures Thread vol.2 - Page 186 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2011, 02:22 AM   #2776
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic Pictures Thread vol.2

And I don't think that she's one in a million in looks department. She's beautiful, extremely beautiful, but if you live in Serbia, you know that there are thousands of girls who look like Ana only in Belgrade. But her talent is something that sets her apart. Her forehand is one in a million, so she must try to make the best of her tennis career. She looked beautiful last year before losing that weight and her movement was good, so I don't see how this benefits her game or her sponsor contracts. As an athlete, she's supposed to promote healthy look and not anorexia.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 9th, 2011, 03:01 AM   #2777
country flag rukw5uk

rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light

I still agree that she should be heavier (basically 2008 weight). Sure, she absolutely destroyed Zvonareva with the forehand in the China Open match, but I think the lack of extra fat does lead to more injuries and a lack of toughness overall. Her problem seems to lie in consistency, being able to sustain a level for six or seven matches again.

As a person off the court, she currently looks more than healthy to me. But on the court, definitely too skinny in my opinion, for a girl of her height, her proportion should be more fuller, there is no reason why she can't be fuller and still maintain a muscular look.

She looked great towards the end of last season under Heinz's guidance, really strong and powerful and won a lot more matches.
rukw5uk is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 11:24 AM   #2778
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
If You compare Ana's body from two Roland Garros finals (2007 and 2008) You can notice big difference in terms of weight - but level of game is very similar. Also in Beijing she shows that her amazing FH skills coming from hers natural technique, long hands and strong arms - not from whole body stamina and weight. Personally, I don't think Ana will ever have 70+ kilos (especially not 73+ like in some 2006-2007 cases), so we must live with that

Just 1 of 100.000 girls are gifted to look like real supermodel, so she (encouraged of course by hers very lucrative sponsors like adidas, Yonex, rolex...) will simple take that opportunity.
To not lose power, which is crucial for her success, she will be forced to compensate weight lose by muscles, and it seems she works exactly on that. Another good thing from less weight is better movement. Only thing which really bother me about this lose weight problem is possible connection between that and dramatic fall in three-setters stats from Ana this season. Lets hope its more connected with some mental things (like most of 2011 problems) than with fundamental lose of stamina and fitness without this extra 4-5 kilos.
So, you are saying that she lost the weight - and thus jeopardised this entire season (since it takes her eons of time to adjust to any change) so as to make even more money? If she actually did that on purpose, then the girl is in it for the money; tennis is just a means.
She isn't a model. Her body is her tool. Her body is perfect for a model; the only problem is that a model's biggest exertion is walking on a runway and wearing too heavy a dress, while the greatest risk comes from slipping in high heels.
Ana's body takes a beating. Is it any wonder she can't last longer than a few matches?
I surely hope she didn't do this so as to 'take the opportunity' given by lucrative sponsors. I would lose what little respect I have for her if that is the case.
We can only hope that she and her team know what they are doing. But it wouldn't be the first time that they didn't.

Last edited by JAS_ : Oct 9th, 2011 at 11:56 AM.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 12:37 PM   #2779
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

She also had lots of injuries when she was heavier. And 70 kilos is not anorexic.
fANAtic is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 12:58 PM   #2780
country flag currie84

currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future

Since when did coccaine addicted super models become prototypes for proffesional tennis players?

I never thought Ana was lookin overweight or chubby except on 2006-07 but that was normal since she was a teenager then carrying baby fat.But some ppl,haters even her fans(or ex fans) thought otherwise and i guess all this talk about her being fat came into her ears and decided to look like prime anorexic Hantuchova.Well done,now haters and some fans(or ex fans) got they wished for,Ana turning into a bag of bones.

By the way i don't know if her dramatic loss of weight will have effects on her game,i mean Habtuchova has looked the way she does and still has had a decent career,but that doesn't change the fact that Ana isn't looking like a healthy person,either on court or off court.No way she is 70 kgs,60-63 is my guess.Finally i wish some journalists had the guts and asked her about it in a press conference.When did she decide to lose all that weight?Why?Does she think that her weight right now is her ideal one?I haven't seen her addressing this issue,it's like an elephant in the room.
currie84 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 01:10 PM   #2781
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fANAtic View Post
She also had lots of injuries when she was heavier. And 70 kilos is not anorexic.
http://tennis.matchstat.com/PlayerInjuries/-4227

Look at the number of injuries this year and compare it to some seasons before. And it's not even updated, so if we add back injury, she had 8 minor injuries and problems only this year and she had 20 in her whole career. And, of course, 70 kilos probably sounds like a lot of kilos for an average girl, but she's not an average girl. She's taller than many guys and she's a pro athlete. Some female players are probably taller and heavier than you, Srbija or some other male poster here and they don't look fat at all. It's a normal thing. Those girls train for 5 or 6 hours every day.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #2782
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that Ana is not anorexic at the moment; the court pictures with contracted muscles make her look skinnier and scarrier. Like Cajka said there are thousands of girls in Belgrade that look like her, so no this is not anorexic. On the other hand I don't think that she has 70 kilos either.
As for the connection between the injuries and her constitution, I cannot claim she is getting injured because she lost weight, but I certainly wouldn't dismiss the possibility off hand. If I were her, I would look deeply into the issue and what the reason for those minor injuries are.
Also, I would really like to know (but it is of course another thing that is impossible to know for sure) how serious those minor injuries are? Are those minor injuries really reason for withdrawing? Would other players play through those minor injuries?
I do believe that Ana may freak out more than necessary at any body issue that arises because she was wrong once to play with the injury (her USO 08), and it could be that she is now overcautious.
But at the same time, I am not part of her team, I am not her, so I will never know. All I can do is form an opinion based on impression, and I am getting the impression that either she is doing something wrong, or her body is not well suited for this sport. For sure, she cannot blame her schedule (for being excessive, that is; not playing enough could be another matter).
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 01:55 PM   #2783
country flag Cajka

I don't know. Julia has 70 kilos supposedly. And Ana is taller than her. I didn't meet many 186 cm tall girls in my life, but I can tell that girls who are 180 cm tall and have 60 kilos look very skinny. So, if she really has 60 kilos, she's literally anorexic, but she doesn't look so skinny. 70 kilos would be -116 comparing to her height, it's enough to be very, very skinny, it's enough to be a model.

And she can't "fake" the injuries, to make a panic and overreact. There's a doctor who will find out if there's something wrong or not (ipak, doktori snimaju te zglobove, palce, sve ono zbog čega se povlačila svih ovih godina). And she never talks about the injuries until she withdraws or retires, so we can not know what was going on before. I'm pretty sure that she sometimes retires from doubles, just because of disappointment after the loss in singles. Other girls don't do it and it doesn't seem OK to me.

And I don't think that losing weight is always a bad thing, as I said once earlier, Nadal lost the weight, but his tennis became better after that, Dani is skinny, but she's not powerless, pre-injury Masha was very skinny, but she had so much power. So, it was something else. If she felt fatigue this season and the herpes thing on her lip, maybe her immunity got worse and it's connected to bad diet and stress. We should not forget the stress at all. She was changing coaches, working on her own, making no results. It could affect her, make her lose appetite, become fragile, injury-prone, blah, blah. I think that those days are gone, 'cause she has a good team now.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #2784
country flag JAS_

I think you are using the term anorexic very freely. It entails much more than just being skinny. And even if we only look at how skinny someone is, -116 is nowhere near anorexic. Models are typically -120, and even they are not anorexic (in most cases).
As for faking injuriues, I think there are injuries and injuries... I certainly don't buy into all of their stories, that's for sure. But it doesn't mean I think they lie all the time either. Plus, faking and inventing is not the same as overreacting.

Last edited by JAS_ : Oct 9th, 2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 02:33 PM   #2785
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
And I don't think that she's one in a million in looks department. She's beautiful, extremely beautiful, but if you live in Serbia, you know that there are thousands of girls who look like Ana only in Belgrade. But her talent is something that sets her apart. Her forehand is one in a million, so she must try to make the best of her tennis career. She looked beautiful last year before losing that weight and her movement was good, so I don't see how this benefits her game or her sponsor contracts. As an athlete, she's supposed to promote healthy look and not anorexia.
Her current look don't have anything with anorexia (slim and skinny is not same things), but there is only question why she don't have some extra weight (compared to current) like professional athlete in so physical sport.

I'm not expert for fashion industry or marketing, but my numbers is correct about this. I say that only 1 out of 100.000 girls have "supermodel" abilities (global status, not local), not that only 1 out of million girls is beautiful (are You really think that I'm that dumb and blind!?). Together with good look girl should to have also something extra (like great personal charisma, "personality", some talent...), so if you think that only in Belgrade live thousands girls which is not worse in that department than Ana Ivanovic, You are very wrong. Maria Kirilenko is very beautiful girl, but only in Serbia You can find thousands girls with equal level of "girl next door" beauty. But Ana Ivanovic or Maria Sharapova is combinations of very feminine 185+ tall girls with good body proportions for that height, big charisma and perfect face - so even without theirs champion skills or some other extra-talent, You can barely find thousands girls around whole world with such very unique combination.

Personally I will not complain at all if Ana back 73-75 weight from hers late teenage years, but I don't think that Ana sponsors will be very happy about that (if that is not necessary), and also I guess that young lady Ana Ivanovic also feels better in this state of her body. Thats why I say that we should to live with Ana current weight without expectations of big changes in that area anytime soon.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 02:50 PM   #2786
country flag Cajka

To JAS:
Yes, I use it freely, I did never mean to suggest that she's really anorexic, that she has some eating disorder. She wouldn't be able to compete at all if she was literally anorexic. It's a serious disease that can kill you literally, so, of course, I don't think that anybody thinks that it's her issue. She used to look great in 2008 (even in 2007 after Wimbledon, in LA for example). Now she doesn't look as a pro athlete, her legs look great, but the upper body is too fragile, so when I said that she's supposed to promote anorexia, but healthy look, I was overreacting 'cause Serbia was talking about her being a model and other things.

I mentioned Petko few days ago. Look at her, she played such a long first set, she even had some problem with the knee in the first set, but she's so fresh, so strong, she's hit off the court Aga in the second. Andrea is a cute girl, she can attract the sponsors if she starts making huge results. But it's not her priority. She's strong, but not fat at all, she's very fit. Maybe those muscles don't look so feminine, but tennis is her priority. So it freaks me out a bit when I read that Ana looks perfect now. Is it all really about nice bodies, photo sessions? Isn't the name of that crazy campaign "strong is beautiful" and not "look like a model"?

About -116... It's not anorexic for you and me (although I would look too skinny with 54 kilos, but OK). I'm not sure if it's OK for a tennis player. Average girls have more fat than pro athletes. So, she's supposed to have lower body fat percentage than other women of her weight, but higher muscle percentage than them, muscles are heavier than fat, so Ana is supposed to look skinnier than other girls who have the same height and weight.

P.S. Stavila sam pod navodnike "faking", zato što sam pod tim mislila na hipohondriju, prenemaganje, paničarenje, preterivanje. Tj. ja sam shvatila da ti pričaš o tome. Nisam mislila da se tvoj post odnosi na doslovno foliranje i glumatanje.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 03:02 PM   #2787
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

Her sponsors never asked her to drop weight, why would Yonex or Rolex wanted Ana to be that skinny and CW fat? They reward results not looks. Of course, sponsors want to have very beautiful player (Ana's dress at AO'11 was the best selling dress in Melbourne in January)but isn't it strange, that Ana didn't signed not even one sponsorship deal since 2008?

Nothing in 3 years...not even some shity cosmetic product, despite the fact that everybody keep on talking how perfect face, hair and olive-complexion Ana has? Bold Rafa is still with L'Oreal( endorsing some shampoo), Adam just signed a deal with Mercedes-Benz..."Because he wants best or nothing, on and off the golf course"...I know i can't compare Ana to Tiger Woods, but he has dropped outside of top 50 and yet, he has signed a deal with Rolex. So Rolex want him to promote "family values"?!? No one wants Ana to be their brand ambassador. Why? Either sponsors do not believe that she can return to the top or Holzmann isn't a very good negotiator.
gloria7 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #2788
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
Her current look don't have anything with anorexia (slim and skinny is not same things), but there is only question why she don't have some extra weight (compared to current) like professional athlete in so physical sport.

I'm not expert for fashion industry or marketing, but my numbers is correct about this. I say that only 1 out of 100.000 girls have "supermodel" abilities (global status, not local), not that only 1 out of million girls is beautiful (are You really think that I'm that dumb and blind!?). Together with good look girl should to have also something extra (like great personal charisma, "personality", some talent...), so if you think that only in Belgrade live thousands girls which is not worse in that department than Ana Ivanovic, You are very wrong. Maria Kirilenko is very beautiful girl, but only in Serbia You can find thousands girls with equal level of "girl next door" beauty. But Ana Ivanovic or Maria Sharapova is combinations of very feminine 185+ tall girls with good body proportions for that height, big charisma and perfect face - so even without theirs champion skills or some other extra-talent, You can barely find thousands girls around whole world with such very unique combination.

Personally I will not complain at all if Ana back 73-75 weight from hers late teenage years, but I don't think that Ana sponsors will be very happy about that (if that is not necessary), and also I guess that young lady Ana Ivanovic also feels better in this state of her body. Thats why I say that we should to live with Ana current weight without expectations of big changes in that area anytime soon.
I didn't mean that you're blind or stupid, I just think that you're missing the point. Ana and Sharapova are not more popular than Kiri because they are more beautiful, taller or more charismatic. They are more popular 'cause they have better tennis results. CW has great sponsor contracts, but I don't think that she's more beautiful or charismatic than Rus, Kirilenko, Dani, Marta Domachowska, Vesnina, Diatchenko etc. etc. etc. etc. She has those contracts 'cause she's number one.

I think that Ana looked beautiful and healthy from tha LA 2007 til the end of last season. She was moving very well, she wasn't so injury-prone, I'm a girl, but she looked better to me as a woman. She had curves, she wasn't fat, her legs were great, even her face looked better, at least TO ME. If young lady Ivanovic prefers being skinny and have sponsor contracts to some other things, who am I to complain? It's her life and career, not mine.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #2789
country flag JAS_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
To JAS:
Yes, I use it freely, I did never mean to suggest that she's really anorexic, that she has some eating disorder. She wouldn't be able to compete at all if she was literally anorexic. It's a serious disease that can kill you literally, so, of course, I don't think that anybody thinks that it's her issue. She used to look great in 2008 (even in 2007 after Wimbledon, in LA for example). Now she doesn't look as a pro athlete, her legs look great, but the upper body is too fragile, so when I said that she's supposed to promote anorexia, but healthy look, I was overreacting 'cause Serbia was talking about her being a model and other things.

I mentioned Petko few days ago. Look at her, she played such a long first set, she even had some problem with the knee in the first set, but she's so fresh, so strong, she's hit off the court Aga in the second. Andrea is a cute girl, she can attract the sponsors if she starts making huge results. But it's not her priority. She's strong, but not fat at all, she's very fit. Maybe those muscles don't look so feminine, but tennis is her priority. So it freaks me out a bit when I read that Ana looks perfect now. Is it all really about nice bodies, photo sessions? Isn't the name of that crazy campaign "strong is beautiful" and not "look like a model"?

About -116... It's not anorexic for you and me (although I would look too skinny with 54 kilos, but OK). I'm not sure if it's OK for a tennis player. Average girls have more fat than pro athletes. So, she's supposed to have lower body fat percentage than other women of her weight, but higher muscle percentage than them, muscles are heavier than fat, so Ana is supposed to look skinnier than other girls who have the same height and weight.

P.S. Stavila sam pod navodnike "faking", zato što sam pod tim mislila na hipohondriju, prenemaganje, paničarenje, preterivanje. Tj. ja sam shvatila da ti pričaš o tome. Nisam mislila da se tvoj post odnosi na doslovno foliranje i glumatanje.
I am not sure I quite understood everything you have written in the last few posts, because it seems some of things you are saying are contradictory. You think Ana is anorexic and Petko is not? Or Aga? Do you think they are fatter than she is? I don't think so. To me Ana does look perfect in the sense of just looks (even though I am maybe a little biased to the skinnier side), but it doesn't mean I favor that look for her, because I agree with you that her real weapon and talent is her tennis and she should 'look' (really I shouldn't say look, but maybe be built) in such a way that it best serves her as a player.
Also, you say she is supposed to look skinnier than an average girl of her height and weight - well there you go! It explains why she looks "anorexic" while having ok stats.

And finally you used 'faking' in the sense of hypochondria and exaggeration and then you say that she can't do that. Why? I don't see a reason why she can't exaggerate injuries. Of course she can, and in fact, I think they all do it at some point. Your argument is that there are doctors - but then you go on to say she pulls out of doubles because of disappointment sometimes. Well, if doctors prevent faking (in the sense of exaggerating) in singles, surely they do it for doubles, too. Or you think that WTA relaxes the rules for doubles?

Last edited by JAS_ : Oct 9th, 2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 03:35 PM   #2790
country flag JAS_

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
Her sponsors never asked her to drop weight, why would Yonex or Rolex wanted Ana to be that skinny and CW fat? They reward results not looks. Of course, sponsors want to have very beautiful player (Ana's dress at AO'11 was the best selling dress in Melbourne in January)but isn't it strange, that Ana didn't signed not even one sponsorship deal since 2008?

Nothing in 3 years...not even some shity cosmetic product, despite the fact that everybody keep on talking how perfect face, hair and olive-complexion Ana has? Bold Rafa is still with L'Oreal( endorsing some shampoo), Adam just signed a deal with Mercedes-Benz..."Because he wants best or nothing, on and off the golf course"...I know i can't compare Ana to Tiger Woods, but he has dropped outside of top 50 and yet, he has signed a deal with Rolex. So Rolex want him to promote "family values"?!? No one wants Ana to be their brand ambassador. Why? Either sponsors do not believe that she can return to the top or Holzmann isn't a very good negotiator.
Well, c'mon let's be real here. Of course sponsors reward good looks. But really, she hasn't signed any deal since 2008 (other than the lifetime deal with Adidas)?

Last edited by JAS_ : Oct 9th, 2011 at 03:42 PM.
Closed Thread