Richel Hogenkamp - Page 36 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 6th, 2009, 01:18 PM   #526
country flag blocke

blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Richel Hogenkamp

Does anyone know more details about the tournament this week - who else is playing??

Richel's schedule for next year, I would imagine will involve quite a few ITF Womens events plus the Junior Grand Slams - perhaps she may try and qualify for the main slams in the women's draw as well as juniors??

Been a fantastic year - well done Richel you should be proud
Advertisement

Old Dec 6th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #527
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

3rd best ranked Dutchie already

Mainly through failing of the other girls tho..

Masters next week should win the title with Arantxa & Misa not playing.
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 04:45 PM   #528
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocke View Post
Does anyone know more details about the tournament this week - who else is playing??

Richel's schedule for next year, I would imagine will involve quite a few ITF Womens events plus the Junior Grand Slams - perhaps she may try and qualify for the main slams in the women's draw as well as juniors??

Been a fantastic year - well done Richel you should be proud
Ugh I really hope she does not play junior GSs nex year. If she does well at some ITFs early next year, she may be able to play quallies at the proper GSs.

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 07:22 PM   #529
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you mean the Dutch Tennis Masters Blocke?
Check the thread "Tennis Masters 2009" in the Dutch players forum. I have added the entry list in that thread. Only 1 WC should be announced tomorrow.

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 07:33 PM   #530
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchieGirl View Post
Ugh I really hope she does not play junior GSs nex year. If she does well at some ITFs early next year, she may be able to play quallies at the proper GSs.

I highly doubt she will skip the junior GSs. History has shown Dutch girls tend to keep playing juniors as long as they can cause they seem to find it important to make name for themselves in the junior circuit instead of working on their senior ranking.

But who knows, she might surprise by breaking the trend.
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #531
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andiyan View Post

I highly doubt she will skip the junior GSs. History has shown Dutch girls tend to keep playing juniors as long as they can cause they seem to find it important to make name for themselves in the junior circuit instead of working on their senior ranking.

But who knows, she might surprise by breaking the trend.
She obably will play them but I said I HOPE she doesn't, because it would seem to be a waste of time seeing how well she;s been doing in the ITFs. The competition in ITFs has to be tougher than juniors - so many ITF players have so much more experience.

Old Dec 6th, 2009, 08:06 PM   #532
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

I also hope she sticks to playing ITF events and no juniors in 2010.
She probably won't though, but I think it would be better if she focuses on the ITF tournaments. Hopefully her trip to Australia has proved her she should only play ITF events and concentrate on improving her ranking even more.

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 08:17 PM   #533
country flag Andiyan

Agreed. Laten we duimen.
Old Dec 7th, 2009, 05:29 AM   #534
country flag blocke

blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light

I hope she plays junior GS as will be good for her to mix junior/ITF womens.

Richel is 445 in rankings

Good Luck this week
Old Dec 7th, 2009, 11:53 AM   #535
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Quote:
I hope she plays junior GS as will be good for her to mix junior/ITF womens.

Richel is 445 in rankings

Good Luck this week
I'm curious - in what ways do you think junior GSs will benefit her now?

Old Dec 11th, 2009, 06:08 PM   #536
country flag blocke

latest score is: Nicolette took the first set 7-6.
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 01:05 PM   #537
country flag Sasja

Richel won the Tennis Masters 2009

1st round: BYE
Quarter final: Richel def. Nicolette van Uitert 6-7(5) 7-6 (6) 7-6 (7)
Semi final: Richel def. Daniëlle Harmsen 6-2 6-1
Final: Richel def. Kiki Bertens 6-3 4-6 6-3

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 01:23 PM   #538
country flag Sasja

Richel season has ended. She had a great year

Juniors:
Started the year with a ranking of 35
Current ranking 14
Highest ranking 13 (27th of July 2009)
Win-loss 28-8

Best results and Grand Slams:
Semi final Nottinghill, Australia (lost to Yana Buchina)
1st round Australian Open (lost to Ksenia Pervak)
Runner up Solarwood, Luxembourg (lost to Zarina Diyas)
Winner in Salsomaggiore, Italy (def. Nastja Kolar in the final)
Winner in Charleroi, Belgium (def. Chanel Simmonds in the final)
2nd round Roland Garros (lost to Beatrice Capra)
3rd round Wimbledon (lost to Zsofia Susanyi)
Runner up European Championships, Austria (lost to Elora Dabija)
3rd round US Open (lost to Yana Buchina)

Seniors:
Started the year with no ranking
Year end ranking 445
Win-loss 24-6

Best results:
Quarter final 10k Apeldoorn (lost to Marlot Meddens)
Winner in 10k Alkmaar (def. Bianca Botto in the final)
Winner in 10k Rebecq (def. Constance Sibille in the final)
Winner in 10k Enschede (def. Angelique van der Meet in the final)
2nd round in 25k Madrid (lost to Claire Feuerstein)
Quarter final in 25k Esperance (lost to Jennifer Elie)
2nd round in 25k Kalgoorlie (lost to Shannon Golds)
Semi final in 25k Bendigo (lost to Alicia Molik)

She also won one 10k doubles title with Nicolette van Uitert (in Apeldoorn) and lost the 10k doubles final in Enschede (also with Nicolette van Uitert)

GL in 2010 Richel

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 03:32 PM   #539
country flag Sasja

Titel Masters voor Hogenkamp ROTTERDAM -

Richel Hogenkamp heeft zondag in Rotterdam de Reaal Tennis Masters gewonnen. De 17-jarige tennisster uit Doetinchem versloeg in de finale Kiki Bertens in drie sets: 6-3 4-6 6-3.

Hogenkamp was de nummer drie van de plaatsingslijst. Arantxa Rus en Michaëlla Krajicek, de twee hoogst geplaatste Nederlandse tennissters op de wereldranglijst, namen niet deel aan de Masters.

De havo-scholiere werd eerder dit jaar al nationaal kampioene outdoor. Tegen Bertens, een jaar ouder, kende ze een moeizame start. „Ik was behoorlijk nerveus. Pas halverwege de tweede set begon het een beetje te lopen”, keek ze terug op de partij. „Ik speelde aanvankelijk te behoudend, wachtte te veel op fouten van haar. Dat is eigenlijk niet mijn spel.”

Hogenkamp debuteert dit jaar bij de senioren. „Speelsters op dit niveau denken sneller in oplossingen en passen zich aan”, ondervond ze. De speelster van Jong Oranje won drie toernooien - in Alkmaar, Rebecq en Enschede - en moest het een week geleden in het Australische Bendigo in de kwartfinales nog opnemen tegen voormalig top tien-speelsters Alicia Molik. „Ze wist precies hoe ze mijn zwakke punten moest benutten. Toch vond ik het een leuke ervaring.”

De komende weken gaat ze vooral op kracht en conditie trainen. „Daar is nu tijd voor, tijdens toernooien ligt dat moeilijk.” Als junior wil ze nog meedoen aan Roland Garros („Als dat lukt met mijn eindexamens“) en Wimbledon, verder gaat ze haar weg zoeken in het seniorencircuit. „Ik hoop in februari naar Florida te kunnen, maar de school wil ik hoe dan ook afronden.”

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 03:56 PM   #540
country flag Sasja

Titel Masters for Hogenkamp ROTTERDAM -

This Sunday Richel Hogenkamp has won the Tennis Masters. The 17 y.o. from Doetinchem defeated Kiki Bertens in the final: 6-3 4-6 6-3

Hogenkamp was the nr 3 seed. Arantxa Rus and Michaëlla Krajicek, the highest ranked Dutch tennis players did not enter.

The HAVO-student won the National Championships outdoor earlier this year. Against Bertens she had a difficult start. "I was pretty nervous. In the middle of the 2nd set I started to play better". "A first I was too defensive, waiting for errors of Kiki. That usually is not my type of game".

Hogenkamp made her debut in the seniors tour this year. "Players at this level think quickly, come up with solutions and adjust. Richel has won 3 tournament, Alkmaar, Rebecq and Enschede. Last week she faced former top 10 player Alicia Molik in the quarter final of Bendigo, Australia. "She knew how to benefit from my weakenesses. Still it was a very nice experience".

The coming weeks she will be training on strength and condition mostly. "Now we have time for that. During tournaments that is more difficult". As a junior she would like to participate at Roland Garros ("If I can because of my exams") and Wimbledon. Other than that she will be trying to find her way in the seniors circuit. "I hope to be able to go to Florida in February, but I would like to finish school".

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS