Any Idea What Allie Will - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 5th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #1
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice
Any Idea What Allie Will

will do? Has she committed to a college yet?
SakiBomb25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 8th, 2009, 02:23 AM   #2
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future
Re: Any Idea What Allie Will

I haven't seen any indication that Allie plans to go to college. I know that was never in the plans; she has always wanted to go pro. However, I really think going to college might be the better idea
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 04:54 AM   #3
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

1. With Allie Will's top 5 TRN ranking she had her pick of any college in the country including defending NCAA champion Duke. It's surprising that she hasn't committed yet. This may be the case if she wanted to take a year off to try the pros.

2. However Allie Will's WTA ranking has dropped about 200 spots in the last 4 months falling to outside the top 700. This may indicate she's not ready to make it in the pros.

3. The fact that Allie Will's WTA ranking is plummeting combined with her not committing to a school yet even though there are still openings to some of her top choices is very unusual. An explanation that would fit this situation is having grades too bad to play Div. 1 tennis.

Then again if Allie Will commits over the summer that would disprove the bad grades theory.

Last edited by gouci : Jun 8th, 2009 at 05:01 AM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 06:07 PM   #4
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
1. With Allie Will's top 5 TRN ranking she had her pick of any college in the country including defending NCAA champion Duke. It's surprising that she hasn't committed yet. This may be the case if she wanted to take a year off to try the pros.

2. However Allie Will's WTA ranking has dropped about 200 spots in the last 4 months falling to outside the top 700. This may indicate she's not ready to make it in the pros.

3. The fact that Allie Will's WTA ranking is plummeting combined with her not committing to a school yet even though there are still openings to some of her top choices is very unusual. An explanation that would fit this situation is having grades too bad to play Div. 1 tennis.

Then again if Allie Will commits over the summer that would disprove the bad grades theory.
Taking a year off is such a mistake. There are maybe 1 or 2 players each year that are good enough to turn pro and even then, making money will be tough right away so they will need a sponsor with deep pockets. The smart player goes to college for at least 2 years and then decides if he or she is good enough to turn pro. I also assume many turn pro because they cant get into any top school because of poor grades.
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 08:13 PM   #5
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Allie's grades were plenty good enough. That is not the reason she hasn't committed yet.
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 10:13 PM   #6
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice

If her grades are up to snuff, do you think she's just deferring for a year, in case the school she wants to go to has already used up their scholarships?
SakiBomb25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 03:57 AM   #7
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb25 View Post
If her grades are up to snuff, do you think she's just deferring for a year, in case the school she wants to go to has already used up their scholarships?
She listed Duke as one of her top choices, along with Georgia and maybe one other? I can't speak for other schools, but Duke only has 5 scholarship players next year...yeah FML. We'll have to forfeit one of our singles matches and one doubles match every time if Jamie doesn't get his act together and get someone fast. It was tough enough this year with only 6 available players. Anyway, I hope Allie comes here.
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 04:22 AM   #8
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

I believe Duke is picking up/has secured Jamie Hampton as their sixth scholarship player.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 03:24 AM   #9
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Allie's grades were plenty good enough. That is not the reason she hasn't committed yet.
What is the reason...are you a player yourself? You know a lot of junior scoop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
I believe Duke is picking up/has secured Jamie Hampton as their sixth scholarship player.
I JUST spoke to Jamie Hampton herself and she is NOT playing at Duke! I dont know about Allie but reveal the sources if you spill details like that.

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 04:14 AM   #10
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
What is the reason...are you a player yourself? You know a lot of junior scoop...
yes.
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 06:00 AM   #11
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quote:
I JUST spoke to Jamie Hampton herself and she is NOT playing at Duke! I dont know about Allie but reveal the sources if you spill details like that.
tennisbuddy12 question for you.

Since you posted what colleges Danielle Mills was interested in , do you know when she graduated?

Did she graduate from the Bollettieri academy at the same time as Mallory Cecil and Mills is now in the process of taking a year off trying the pros?

Last edited by gouci : Jun 17th, 2009 at 06:20 AM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 04:51 PM   #12

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
tennisbuddy12 question for you.

Since you posted what colleges Danielle Mills was interested in , do you know when she graduated?

Did she graduate from the Bollettieri academy at the same time as Mallory Cecil and Mills is now in the process of taking a year off trying the pros?
She actually graduated about 2 weeks ago. She is taking a year off though. She is hoping to reach the top 300 but next year before deciding between WTA and NCAA

Old Jun 17th, 2009, 04:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
yes.
Why hasnt Allie committed? and I meant are you an ITF jr player since you know a lot of scoop with the 'big dog' players on the circuit.

Old Jun 17th, 2009, 06:16 PM   #14
country flag wanabgator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

wanabgator has disabled reputation

Wonder why Allie Will signed up for Clay Courts in Memphis this July. An interesting choice for someone who has been playing pro level.
wanabgator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 12:46 AM   #15
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Why hasnt Allie committed? and I meant are you an ITF jr player since you know a lot of scoop with the 'big dog' players on the circuit.
I can't tell you for sure why Allie hasn't committed. I do know that she didn't train as hard as she did for the past ~8 years just to go to college. The goal was to always turn pro and college was Plan B. Parting with the dream of making it on the pro tour might take her a while, so I would not be surprised if she is taking a year off just to fulfill her dream for at least a year. If she fails there (which is likely-sorry Allie!) then she will resort to Plan B and go to college. And no, I am not one of these highly talked about girls on here. I do play the occasional ITF but most of my success comes at the USTA national level not ITFs. However, I do frequent enough with the "big dogs" to have my fair share of scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabgator View Post
Wonder why Allie Will signed up for Clay Courts in Memphis this July. An interesting choice for someone who has been playing pro level.
Confidence/reevaluation of where her game stands? Not quite sure.