Whitney Houston: One Year Anniversary of her passing - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:45 AM   #121
country flag ~Cherry*Blossom~

~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WHITNEY HOUSTON: TV Debut of new song, "I look to you" (First Post)

I Look To You sounds great! Can't wait for the album now!

THE ROYAL SAINT - OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE ROYAL COURT
USO99-FO02-WIM02-USO02-AO03-WIM03-AO05-AO07-USO08-AO09-WIM09-AO10-WIM10-WIM12-USO12-FO13-USO13
WIM00-USO00-WIM01-USO01-WIM05-WIM07-WIM08
•How could you love summer before winter nights? I'll be by your side•
~Cherry*Blossom~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 04:29 PM   #122
country flag BigB08822

BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute

I Look To You sounds better than the other song I heard, can't remember the name. Her vocals sound much better on this but it is only 30 seconds and stayed in her comfort range except when she went into her head voice on the "you's".
BigB08822 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 05:25 PM   #123
country flag tonythetiger

tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future

Great reviews indeed. Other standouts are Million Dollar Bill and A Song for You. I can't wait for the release.
"No other female pop star, not Mariah Carey, not Celine Dion, not Barbra Streisand - quite rivals Houston in her exquisite vocal fluidity and purity of tone, and her ability to infuse a lyric with mesmerizing melodrama." Los Angeles Times
tonythetiger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 05:31 PM   #124
country flag volta

volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute

oh it has that classic Whitney stamp MUCH MUCH better than the first track that leaked and was rumoured to be the lead single.
have no clue how this ballad will work for her but this shoudl be interesting
Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 07:30 PM   #125
country flag Wannabeknowitall

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vö£†ä View Post
oh it has that classic Whitney stamp MUCH MUCH better than the first track that leaked and was rumoured to be the lead single.
have no clue how this ballad will work for her but this shoudl be interesting
"I Didn't Know My Own Strength" is cheesy as an original but it will do great on the dance charts.

Black presidents of the US=1
Black head coaches in the SEC=0
Something needs to change.
Wannabeknowitall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 08:47 AM   #126
country flag volta

volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute

the whole song

her voice is raspy now, kinda raw

the song is great
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 10:04 AM   #127
country flag Lulu.
`

Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute

Great song, really glad she's back.

||||||||||||||||||||||
Lulu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 10:38 AM   #128
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vö£†ä View Post
the whole song

her voice is raspy now, kinda raw

the song is great!
Thanks for that!!!! I just updated the first post. For sure her voice has changed- it's no longer about the pyrotechnics, the long long belts, and she doesn't hit you over the head with whooping mammoth of a voice.

The one thing that hasn't changed though is what she is able to make you feel with her voice. No other singer has the ability to make you feel like Whitney can. She conveys such emotion through her voice it's remarkable- and definitely her gift. I agree with your description her voice is heavier and huskier- but the great news is that it's still on point. It may be different but it's still powerful in it's own-right and just as moving as it ever was.

As for the song itself- last night when it premiered people were calling in crying and giving testimonies. I've never witnessed anything like it- the response was over the top positive. As a result of the feed back the station that premiered it actually played it every 20 minutes over the next 4 hours.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 11:11 AM   #129
country flag volta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
Thanks for that!!!! I just updated the first post. For sure her voice has changed- it's no longer about the pyrotechnics, the long long belts, and she doesn't hit you over the head with whooping mammoth of a voice.

The one thing that hasn't changed though is what she is able to make you feel with her voice. No other singer has the ability to make you feel like Whitney can. She conveys such emotion through her voice it's remarkable- and definitely her gift. I agree with your description her voice is heavier and huskier- but the great news is that it's still on point. It may be different but it's still powerful in it's own-right and just as moving as it ever was.

As for the song itself- last night when it premiered people were calling in crying and giving testimonies. I've never witnessed anything like it- the response was over the top positive. As a result of the feed back the station that premiered it actually played it every 20 minutes over the next 4 hours.
yeah , it's all about the emotions now , i actually like this raspy raw voice it's just a shame that she lost one the best voices (if not The best voice) Ever.
There are parts where she reminds me of Fantasia

the song is great , the more i play it the more i love it. the bad thing is that the majority of buyers are teens so don't know how they will respond to this but hurray , Whitney is back
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #130
country flag ~Cherry*Blossom~

~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whitney Houston: ENTIRE SONG (I Look 2 U)- first post

This sounds stunning. I absolutely love it.

You can tell her voice isn't the same but Whitney still has this gorgeous quality about her voice that still remains.

THE ROYAL SAINT - OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE ROYAL COURT
USO99-FO02-WIM02-USO02-AO03-WIM03-AO05-AO07-USO08-AO09-WIM09-AO10-WIM10-WIM12-USO12-FO13-USO13
WIM00-USO00-WIM01-USO01-WIM05-WIM07-WIM08
•How could you love summer before winter nights? I'll be by your side•
~Cherry*Blossom~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 12:36 PM   #131
country flag Monirena Wiles

Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of

Whitney hit a homerun with this one. It makes me get teary-eyed, well done Whitney.
Monirena Wiles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 12:40 PM   #132
country flag azinna

azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent. Simply excellent. Her interpretation and expressive quality have always set her apart, and it's simply great to have her back.

...and she knows what to do with a little rasp, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
...As for the song itself- last night when it premiered people were calling in crying and giving testimonies. I've never witnessed anything like it- the response was over the top positive. As a result of the feed back the station that premiered it actually played it every 20 minutes over the next 4 hours.
This is truly beautiful to hear. Again, it's what has always set Whitney Houston apart. She connects. Even when it's the silliest of synth-laden pop songs or a cover of a soon-to-be-classic.

Always on the lookout for a great tennis match.

Last edited by azinna : Jul 24th, 2009 at 01:05 PM.
azinna is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 12:43 PM   #133
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair guys, she doesn't sound bad at all actually. She's lost nearly all of her upper range, but i'm always one for the evolution of vocal ranges. At her age, i think it would be over-zealous to be spanning 3 octaves anyway.

Take note Mariah Carey
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 01:57 PM   #134
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty nice.
Though I wish she had done a little more in the end part(chorus?).
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 02:10 PM   #135
country flag So Disrespectful

So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute

A key change towards the end when the percussion comes back in (at 3:30) would have given the song a bit more lift, but maybe she doesn't have that in her anymore.

I don't mind the song at all, and her voice is still lovely despite the reduced range. However, it does sound a little dated (even the production). I guess it's just a pleasant, old-fashion power ballad and I'm sure it will serve its purpose.

Casey Dellacqua, Jelena Jankovic, Anna-Lena Groenefeld,
Jelena Dokic, Mirjana Lucic, Paula Ormaechea, Sloane Stephens
Jarmila Gajdosova, Melanie Oudin, Kaia Kanepi, Alison Riske

Last edited by So Disrespectful : Jul 25th, 2009 at 08:14 AM.
So Disrespectful is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote