Whitney Houston: One Year Anniversary of her passing - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 17th, 2009, 12:57 AM   #91
country flag pierce85

pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whiney Houston: ALBUM COVER REVEALED (see first post)

that's a classy cover.so beautiful and natural,her face looks so fresh and not at all plastic,i love her expression as well.i don't understand why many people are so critical to those who like it,it's just a matter of taste after all.
pierce85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 17th, 2009, 01:21 AM   #92
country flag azinna

azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute

Looks a bit stiff in that cover photo. Beautiful. yes. Even regal. But somehow older and more mature than even current photos of her on the town. The cover says, straight-to-adult-contemporary to me.

The music needs to be good, cause the cover won't sell it.

Always on the lookout for a great tennis match.
azinna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 03:13 AM   #93
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Even without having a single out to promote her album, the buzz she's got off this cover has caused her Amazon rank to sky rocket.
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #145 in Music (Whitney Houston)

Compare that to Mariah who's got a top 15 single out and who has the publicity of a video to promote her album.
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #336 in Music (Mariah Carey)

This is not meant as a Mariah vs. Whitney thing- I'm only comparing showing that people seem to have an interest or curiosity at this point with Whitney's project.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 03:31 AM   #94
new-york
和平.

new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute

she looks airbrushly tired on the cover, but oh well, she's back.

show us the old school groove.
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 04:21 AM   #95
country flag tonythetiger

tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat View Post
say what?? it looks terrible, so unoriginal, tame and quite ugly. the photograph itself is also very bad, her position is akward and she doesn't quite look into the camera
Ugly!? Akward? Are you kidding me? I think you're being totally hateful and dishonest. It's one thing to not like the cover, because you think it's stiff or mature, but to say it is ugly is simply a lie and you know it.

And, to the poster that said it wont sell because of the cover's mature feel, I also disagree. If this cover resembles the debut album and it sold millions, why wouldn't this one do the same? The debut sold to the younger generation at the time because it was about the voice and not the booty like Mariah. This one should do the same. And futher more, Beyonce's last album was a straight on shot of her looking similar to this one of Whitney and that didn't keep her from selling millions.
"No other female pop star, not Mariah Carey, not Celine Dion, not Barbra Streisand - quite rivals Houston in her exquisite vocal fluidity and purity of tone, and her ability to infuse a lyric with mesmerizing melodrama." Los Angeles Times
tonythetiger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 09:47 AM   #96
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetiger View Post
Ugly!? Akward? Are you kidding me? I think you're being totally hateful and dishonest. It's one thing to not like the cover, because you think it's stiff or mature, but to say it is ugly is simply a lie and you know it.
just to make it clear: i didn't say whitney was ugly on that cover. she was always an utterly beautiful woman and still is (although it's hard to tell by that rather photoshopped cover shot). all i said was that i thought the graphic designer who did this album artwork could have tried a lot harder. i don't see how that is being dishonest or lying...?

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 12:06 PM   #97
country flag BartoliBabes

BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
Even without having a single out to promote her album, the buzz she's got off this cover has caused her Amazon rank to sky rocket.
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #145 in Music (Whitney Houston)

Compare that to Mariah who's got a top 15 single out and who has the publicity of a video to promote her album.
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #336 in Music (Mariah Carey)

This is not meant as a Mariah vs. Whitney thing- I'm only comparing showing that people seem to have an interest or curiosity at this point with Whitney's project.
yeah i understand why you compare them, but i dont think them amazon figures mean much at all... but i'm a fan of both mariah and whitney and i'm definitely getting both of their albums

Bartoli / Riske / Lucic / Dokic / Hantuchova / Halep
BartoliBabes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 03:06 PM   #98
country flag Monirena Wiles

Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of

Here's the video from her listening session in London a few days ago:

Monirena Wiles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 04:08 PM   #99
country flag volta

volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute

i'd LOVE her to drop a "Queen of the Night" part 2

that or something similar to this

oldie but freaking GOOD
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #100
country flag azinna

azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
I get what you're saying. I think if you're talking about today's youth you're spot on. This cover wont get her any new fans and wont do anything for younger generation. But if you're talking about people who grew up with Whitney, or the mom's who shop at Walmart seeing this on the shelves, or the people turned off with today's overly sexed marketed singers, then I disagree- this is definitely the cover that speaks to them. Whitney used to be one of those rare artist that appealed to elementary school aged kids and grandmas alike. If she's looking to rekindle some magic from yesteryear then I think it's a clever cover.
Which is why I said "adult-contemporary." And those folks tend not to buy on cover alone. Young kids do. I think the pop music market is very segmented nowadays. So I don't at all expect the cover to appeal to elementary school kids, high schoolers, young parents and grandmothers. Those were Thriller-Whitney!-Faith-True Blue times, Sir Stefwhit. I remember them and sigh repeatedly. When the word "crossover" meant something.

I think the last time that really happened for an album (not single) was, ironically, The Bodyguard. Half the people who bought the album were trying to forget she kissed Kevin Costner...so you know the cover didn't help them. But the woman came out and tore sh*t up with nothing but 3 singles and a dynamite Chaka cover. That's why toddlers and great-grandmothers alike were at the cashier register with her disc in hand. Folks were surprised to get home and hear Aaron Neville? and Curtis Stigers? during the second half of the album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetiger View Post
And, to the poster that said it wont sell because of the cover's mature feel, I also disagree. If this cover resembles the debut album and it sold millions, why wouldn't this one do the same? The debut sold to the younger generation at the time because it was about the voice and not the booty like Mariah. This one should do the same. And futher more, Beyonce's last album was a straight on shot of her looking similar to this one of Whitney and that didn't keep her from selling millions.
Which is why I said the music better be good cause the cover won't sell the album. I never said the cover would prevent the album from doing well. In fact, I was there for Whitney's debut and that cover didn't do anything for me or my peers. "How Will I Know" did. "All At Once" did. "You Gave Good Love" and "The Greatest Love of All" had us buying the LP and cassette.

I can remember only one of her covers actually selling the album: that was the 2nd, Whitney! It said: "Here is a phenom. Are you going to come with now, or come when the tickets are sold out?"

Always on the lookout for a great tennis match.

Last edited by azinna : Jul 17th, 2009 at 04:34 PM.
azinna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 05:40 PM   #101

BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future

can't wait for this album

Old Jul 17th, 2009, 06:09 PM   #102
country flag ~Cherry*Blossom~

~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting that video Monirena Williams.

It's so good to see Whitney back. She looks amazing. You can't help but root for her after seeing that video!

THE ROYAL SAINT - OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE ROYAL COURT
USO99-FO02-WIM02-USO02-AO03-WIM03-AO05-AO07-USO08-AO09-WIM09-AO10-WIM10-WIM12-USO12-FO13-USO13
WIM00-USO00-WIM01-USO01-WIM05-WIM07-WIM08
•How could you love summer before winter nights? I'll be by your side•
~Cherry*Blossom~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 10:35 PM   #103
TennisMindCamp

Wow! Awesome cover! Much success Miss Houston!
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 06:52 PM   #104

Old Jul 18th, 2009, 08:15 PM   #105
country flag Lulu.
`

Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirzalover View Post
She looks like she was in the middle of her royal portrait and she started to giggle and she is trying to hold it in.
My thoughts exactly. Love her earrings though!

||||||||||||||||||||||
Lulu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote