Whitney Houston: One Year Anniversary of her passing - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 11th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #76
country flag azinna

azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whitney Houston: Hot Uptemo Remix!! High Quality- just added (1st Post)

Remix is somewhat better. Still not a transcendent song.

I'm not asking for a "I Will Always Love You" or "All the Man that I Need."

But she should have at least a "I Have Nothing" or "You Give Good Love" or a "Shoop, Shoop" somewhere there to put up as a lead single. Otherwise, things will get dicey for this album real quick.

Always on the lookout for a great tennis match.

Last edited by azinna : Jul 11th, 2009 at 06:27 PM.
azinna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 11th, 2009, 06:33 PM   #77
country flag aznunit2k5

aznunit2k5 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
You're nasty, bitter, and dare I say, a tad bit threatened.

I love Mariah Carey and want her to do well, but some of you lambs are a hot mess. You're one of the worst, but I wont keep you from your job- so keep hating cuz that's all a hater can do at the end of the day. Seriously though, "GO AWAY". This diva feud is sooo beyond ridiculous and so are you.

You're the one who claimed that Obsessed, "would rule charts and be played non-stop on the radio" so we all see firsthand how clairvoyant you really are...

Thankfully the fans will have their say- and not you. I think you're in for a surprise this time around (so you better get your excuses ready).
Sorry if I didn't make it clear but I am truly a Whitney fan. I just wished she would have came up with something better after 2-3 years of pushing her album back.

Secondly, releasing a ballad as your first single is just the wrong thing to do. You want to release an mid-tempo or up-tempo beat. Something like "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" would've done. I wouldn't have been mad at her for using auto-tune.
aznunit2k5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2009, 09:08 PM   #78
country flag ~Cherry*Blossom~

~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute

Whitney looks much better than Madonna!

THE ROYAL SAINT - OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE ROYAL COURT
USO99-FO02-WIM02-USO02-AO03-WIM03-AO05-AO07-USO08-AO09-WIM09-AO10-WIM10-WIM12-USO12-FO13-USO13
WIM00-USO00-WIM01-USO01-WIM05-WIM07-WIM08
•How could you love summer before winter nights? I'll be by your side•
~Cherry*Blossom~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2009, 11:17 PM   #79
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whiney Houston: ALBUM COVER REVEALED (see first post)

SHE'S BACK: Whitney Houston shines at new album launch
USA TODAY

Whitney Houston last night put her troubled decade behind her as she arrived in London to promote her new album - looking downright dazzling.

Gone was the drug-ravaged face and body and in their place was the highly-polished professional-looking Whitney of yesteryear.

The legendary pop star arrived at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in an on-trend animal-print Dolce & Gabbana autumn 2009 dress to launch her new album, I Look to You in front of a select group of guests, which included Topshop boss Sir Philip Green.

As she unveiled the single I Look to You - her first studio performance in seven years - the crowd gave her a standing ovation.

In recent years Whitney stunned fans with her gaunt appearance, admitting in 2002 that she used drugs, and checking in to rehab in 2004.

But, since her 2006 split from Bobbi Brown and winning custody of their daughter, Bobbi Kristina, Whitney has been steadily planning this comeback with the help of her old friend and J Records boss, Clive Davis.

Whitney is a mega-star of the music world, being the only artist ever to have had seven consecutive multi-platinum albums, beating even the Beatles.

Worldwide she has sold 140 million albums and 50 million singles, with the Bodyguard hit I Will Always Love You becoming one of the biggest selling records of all time.

New Album Cover:
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro

Last edited by Sir Stefwhit : Jul 16th, 2009 at 02:16 AM.
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 12:08 AM   #80
country flag mckyle.

mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute

I really DO NOT like the cover.
mckyle. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 12:33 AM   #81
country flag BartoliBabes

BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
SHE'S BACK: Whitney Houston shines at new album launch
USA TODAY

Whitney Houston last night put her troubled decade behind her as she arrived in London to promote her new album - looking downright dazzling.

Gone was the drug-ravaged face and body and in their place was the highly-polished professional-looking Whitney of yesteryear.

The legendary pop star arrived at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in an on-trend animal-print Dolce & Gabbana autumn 2009 dress to launch her new album, I Look to You in front of a select group of guests, which included Topshop boss Sir Philip Green.

As she unveiled the single I Look to You - her first studio performance in seven years - the crowd gave her a standing ovation.

In recent years Whitney stunned fans with her gaunt appearance, admitting in 2002 that she used drugs, and checking in to rehab in 2004.

But, since her 2006 split from Bobbi Brown and winning custody of their daughter, Bobbi Kristina, Whitney has been steadily planning this comeback with the help of her old friend and J Records boss, Clive Davis.

Whitney is a mega-star of the music world, being the only artist ever to have had seven consecutive multi-platinum albums, beating even the Beatles.

Worldwide she has sold 140 million albums and 50 million singles, with the Bodyguard hit I Will Always Love You becoming one of the biggest selling records of all time.

New Album Cover:
that CANNOT be the official album cover

on the other hand i am sooooo happy for whitney you can see how genuinely happy she is in them pics

Bartoli / Riske / Lucic / Dokic / Hantuchova / Halep
BartoliBabes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 12:34 AM   #82
country flag mirzalover

mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute

She looks like she was in the middle of her royal portrait and she started to giggle and she is trying to hold it in. She also looks like a lighter version of the 1st Vivian on the Fresh Prince. After all that...I do like the cover.
mirzalover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 02:37 AM   #83
country flag tonythetiger

tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future

What a beautiful cover!!! I can't wait to get this album. I'm amazed!
"No other female pop star, not Mariah Carey, not Celine Dion, not Barbra Streisand - quite rivals Houston in her exquisite vocal fluidity and purity of tone, and her ability to infuse a lyric with mesmerizing melodrama." Los Angeles Times
tonythetiger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 01:08 PM   #84
country flag volta

volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M17. View Post
I really DO NOT like the cover.
im not a fan either but it does have that Whitney feeling. it's imo just a 2009 version of the Whitney Houston album cover

btw The record company speaks

"We love the song and the leaked version is not the final. We have not yet decided what the first single will be but this is a strong contender. Thanks for your feedback."

and another rumour:
"Mill Dollar Bill" (written by Alicia Keys and Produced by Swizz Beatz) is supposedly the first single due July 28th and not "I Didnt Know My Own Strength."
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 01:29 PM   #85
country flag mckyle.

mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I like her hair and her outfit, but her facial expression is awful. It's like she's trying to recreate the same face she made on her debut album, but it doesn't really work this time.

mckyle. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #86
country flag volta

volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute

^^ yep. and the background looks outdated as well.

it kinda appeals to a larger audience (from teens to "elderly" ppl) though, gives her more marge of success i guess i just want the music to be good
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 02:35 PM   #87
country flag ~Cherry*Blossom~

~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute

I have that album on vinyl Seeing that cover brings back memories.

THE ROYAL SAINT - OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE ROYAL COURT
USO99-FO02-WIM02-USO02-AO03-WIM03-AO05-AO07-USO08-AO09-WIM09-AO10-WIM10-WIM12-USO12-FO13-USO13
WIM00-USO00-WIM01-USO01-WIM05-WIM07-WIM08
•How could you love summer before winter nights? I'll be by your side•
~Cherry*Blossom~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #88
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

The cover it alright.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #89
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetiger View Post
What a beautiful cover!!!
say what?? it looks terrible, so unoriginal, tame and quite ugly. the photograph itself is also very bad, her position is akward and she doesn't quite look into the camera

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 07:59 PM   #90
country flag 2Black

2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute

I would just love to see what some of these people who are being so negative would look like. Most times in life, people who are very negative are insecure themselves.

To Whitney, I say, it is so good to have you back. You look great & those pics from the London premiere look great too.
2Black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote