Whitney Houston: One Year Anniversary of her passing - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 07:39 PM   #61
country flag Lulu.
`

Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whitney Houston: OFFICIAL SONG W/FULL PRODUCTION!!!!

||||||||||||||||||||||
Lulu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 4th, 2009, 04:28 AM   #62
country flag Brooks.

Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute

People are being waaaaaay too harsh. It's a good song. It's a little cheesy, but all Diane Warren songs are. Her vocals are good, all things considered. Whitney is never going to sing like she did during the Bodyguard days again, so people just need to get over that.
Brooks. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 03:54 PM   #63
country flag Thanx4nothin

Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberduckzilla View Post
Well you either haven't heard her sing live recently or you are deaf!
I'm a huge fan and have listened to every recent live performance I can get access to. She covered 4.2 octaves on her most recent album, and you say she has lost her voice.

I refuse to get into this debate with you, obviously you are clueless with regards music.
I think with her serve and her athleticism, her power, her court mobility, I just think when sheís on, sheís the greatest player weíve ever seen, ever. Now, whether her record is the greatest remains to be seen because she hasnít retired yet. But I think she is really the greatest player. I have seen Martina and Steffi at their best. There are little chinks in those playersí armor, but it was a different era, where you didnít need to be the perfect player.
Chris Evert
Thanx4nothin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 04:03 PM   #64
country flag BartoliBabes

BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future

really surprised i like this song alot

her voice sounds pretty good too

definitely getting this alb

Bartoli / Riske / Lucic / Dokic / Hantuchova / Halep
BartoliBabes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 05:35 PM   #65
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute

!?! Reminiscent of one those cliched "inspiring" songs written for the American Idol finale, except much worse. Inexistent melodic contours, forgettable chord progression, pedestrian beat. A 101 in the How-Not-To of pop songwriting.
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2009, 01:56 PM   #66
country flag ~Cherry*Blossom~

~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanx4nothin View Post
I'm a huge fan and have listened to every recent live performance I can get access to. She covered 4.2 octaves on her most recent album, and you say she has lost her voice.

I refuse to get into this debate with you, obviously you are clueless with regards music.
Awww, Mimi's lamb is in denial It's hard to debate with a blind fan so I'm glad you aren't going to get into this debate. I myself am a huge Mariah fan. Hell I was the poster who started the threads for her two last albums and thought they were both really good. I actually like E=MC2. But I can tell that her voice isn't nowhere near as good as it was and her singing live (when she actually does sing live and not mime) is really bad.
=============================

As for this remix, I don't know much about dance music but I have to say that this sounds much better than the original. Whitney's current voice fits this sound more imo. I actually like it!

THE ROYAL SAINT - OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE ROYAL COURT
USO99-FO02-WIM02-USO02-AO03-WIM03-AO05-AO07-USO08-AO09-WIM09-AO10-WIM10-WIM12-USO12-FO13-USO13
WIM00-USO00-WIM01-USO01-WIM05-WIM07-WIM08
ēHow could you love summer before winter nights? I'll be by your sideē
~Cherry*Blossom~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2009, 06:48 PM   #67
country flag Monirena Wiles

Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of
Re: Whitney Houston: Hot Uptemo Remix!! High Quality- just added (1st Post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post

Now I have no idea if this is an official remix or not- but it's freakin' hottt and definitely needs to be on her upcoming album. The song went from good t great!!!
Much better!
Monirena Wiles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2009, 06:58 PM   #68
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Whitney Houston: Hot Uptemo Remix!! High Quality- just added (1st Post)

I love the dance mix!

I bet all the top remix djs are clamoring to get on board to remix this anthem
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 01:44 AM   #69
country flag aznunit2k5

aznunit2k5 has disabled reputation

They are seriously considering that song as the first single?!!? Sorry but her comeback is offically DEAD.

Obsessed by Mariah is just has better production. The lyrics in Obsessed are easier to make out and dare I say fun?

When did Whitney become so damn boring?

Mariah's album is out August 25th! A week before Whitney's. I'm buying Mariah's and I am waiting to see if Whitney's is even worth buying.
aznunit2k5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 04:45 AM   #70
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznunit2k5 View Post
Obsessed by Mariah just has way better production. The lyrics in Obsessed are easier to make out and dare I say fun?

When did Whitney become so damn boring?

[
Boring!? OK... not really sure how to respond to that criticism....lol Did you listen to the words? It's a personal song about being lost, being close to giving up and finding the strength to make it through.

Not sure why you want to make this a Mariah vs. Whitney thing. I personally love both and will support both- just not sure why you felt the need to bring up "Obsessed" and compare them. They have absolutely nothing in common what so ever..lol

Here are the "boring" lyrics: (that you can't make out... )
Lost touch with my soul
I had no where to turn
I had no where to go
Lost sight of my dream,
Thought it would be the end of me
I thought I’d never make it through
I had no hope to hold on to,
I thought I would break

I didn’t know my own strength
And I crashed down, and I tumbled
But I did not crumble
I got through all the pain
Survived my darkest hour
My faith kept me alive
I picked myself back up
Hold my head up high
I was not built to break

Found hope in my heart,
I found the light to life
My way out of the dark
Found all that I need
Here inside of me
I thought I’d never find my way
I thought I’d never lift that weight
I thought I would break

But I did not crumble
Survived my darkest hour
My faith kept me alive
I picked myself back up
Hold my head up high
I was not built to break

There were so many times I
Wondered how I’d get through the night I
Thought took all I could take

But I did not crumble
Survived my darkest hour
My faith kept me alive
I picked myself back up
Hold my head up high
I was not built to break
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro

Last edited by Sir Stefwhit : Jul 11th, 2009 at 04:08 PM.
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 08:15 AM   #71
country flag Apoleb

Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Uptempo Remix (Alex Dubb)

Boring!? OK... not really sure how to respond to that criticism....lol Did you listen to the words? It's a personal song about being lost, being close to giving up and finding the strength to make it through.

Not sure why you want to make this a Mariah vs. Whitney thing. I personally love both and will support both- just not sure why you felt the need to bring up "Obsessed" and compare them. They have absolutely nothing in common what so ever..lol

Here are the "boring" lyrics: (that you can't make out... )
Lost touch with my soul
I had no where to turn
I had no where to go
Lost sight of my dream,
Thought it would be the end of me
I thought Iíd never make it through
I had no hope to hold on to,
I thought I would break

I didnít know my own strength
But I did not crumble
Survived my darkest hour
My faith kept me alive
I picked myself back up
Hold my head up high
I was not built to break

Found hope in my heart,
I found the light to life
My way out of the dark
Found all that I need
Here inside of me
I thought Iíd never find my way
I thought Iíd never lift that weight
I thought I would break

But I did not crumble
Survived my darkest hour
My faith kept me alive
I picked myself back up
Hold my head up high
I was not built to break

There were so many times I
Wondered how Iíd get through the night I
Thought took all I could take

But I did not crumble
Survived my darkest hour
My faith kept me alive
I picked myself back up
Hold my head up high
I was not built to break
Those lyrics are crap. Full of every cliche you can find of an "inspirational song". Just because they're about a "serious topic" doesn't make them good. It's Diane Warren though no? So that's not surprising.
Apoleb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #72
country flag aznunit2k5

aznunit2k5 has disabled reputation

Whitney's song will flop on the charts faster than you can say CRACK.
aznunit2k5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 04:07 PM   #73
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznunit2k5 View Post
Whitney's song will flop on the charts faster than you can say CRACK.
You're nasty, bitter, and dare I say, a tad bit threatened.

I love Mariah Carey and want her to do well, but some of you lambs are a hot mess. You're one of the worst, but I wont keep you from your job- so keep hating cuz that's all a hater can do at the end of the day. Seriously though, "GO AWAY". This diva feud is sooo beyond ridiculous and so are you.

You're the one who claimed that Obsessed, "would rule charts and be played non-stop on the radio" so we all see firsthand how clairvoyant you really are...

Thankfully the fans will have their say- and not you. I think you're in for a surprise this time around (so you better get your excuses ready).
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 04:21 PM   #74
country flag BartoliBabes

BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future

Quote:
You're nasty, bitter, and dare I say, a tad bit threatened.

I love Mariah Carey and want her to do well, but some of you lambs are a hot mess. You're one of the worst, but I wont keep you from your job- so keep hating cuz that's all a hater can do at the end of the day. Seriously though, "GO AWAY". This diva feud is sooo beyond ridiculous and so are you.

You're the one who claimed that Obsessed, "would rule charts and be played non-stop on the radio" so we all see firsthand how clairvoyant you really are...

Thankfully the fans will have their say- and not you. I think you're in for a surprise this time around (so you better get your excuses ready).
i am a mariah carey fan but also love whitney too and i have to admit some mariah "lambs" are ridiculous

Bartoli / Riske / Lucic / Dokic / Hantuchova / Halep
BartoliBabes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 06:05 PM   #75
country flag Lulu.
`

Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute

Love the remix.

Sounds better that the original, much like "It's not right, but it's okay"

||||||||||||||||||||||
Lulu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote