Whitney Houston: One Year Anniversary of her passing - Page 44 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 20th, 2012, 05:51 AM   #646
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Whitney Houston Thread: Tribute to a Legend!

'Glee' honors Whitney Houston with an a cappella 'How Will I Know'

The first clip from the big "Glee" Whitney Houston tribute, "I Wanna Dance With Somebody," is in, and be forewarned: you might cry when you watch Amber Riley, Lea Michele, Naya Rivera and Chris Colfer absolutely slay a chilling a cappella version of Houston's classic "How Will I Know."

Really -- it's goosebump-inducing like the best moments of Season 1 were, and it's also really, really promising in terms of how this whole Whitney tribute will play out. Although the music of Michael Jackson is just as (if not more) iconic, it seems like this episode could turn out better than Season 3's other tribute just because they're being more creative with the song arrangements. Remember how well the Madonna episode worked?

As for context, it's unclear what's going on before the song occurs, but during, the New Directions members hang out at a locker shrine dedicated to Whitney before they walk 'n sing through the McKinley hallways and wind up in the auditorium. To borrow a word from Jennifer Lopez, it will leave you covered in goosies.* Just wait until the beat kicks in and the four stand on the stage in spotlights. Goosies!

The "Glee" Whitney Houston tribute will air Tuesday, April 24 at 8 p.m. on FOX.

The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 20th, 2012, 07:42 AM   #647
country flag the jamierbelyea
I did it for the aesthetics.

the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute

While I'm sure it relates to the story of the episode, my favorite part of How Will I Know is it's infectious energy. I don't love it melancholy, but the voices are powerful, and harmonies good of course.

Still can't believe she's gone. I find her catalog so much more exciting than anything that's coming out today.

My favorite acapella version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmJUAzxvBYQ
the jamierbelyea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #648
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

I will watch Glee for this even though I don't really like that show.

Quote:
Still can't believe she's gone.
I think Janet said it best something along the lines of it sounds mean but you have to move on. :sigh: I'm still not over it.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 03:51 AM   #649
country flag the jamierbelyea
I did it for the aesthetics.

the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
I will watch Glee for this even though I don't really like that show.

I think Janet said it best something along the lines of it sounds mean but you have to move on. :sigh: I'm still not over it.
I think as a fan so far away from it, it's easy to forget in a way. It wasn't as if I was reading her tweets or she was in the midst of releasing a ton of new music, so day to day, it's almost the same, and than this thread pops up, or one of her songs comes on and it sort of dawns on me again and again.
the jamierbelyea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 02:46 AM   #650
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute

I liked this because Miki spoke to Whitney wanting to be 'accepted', the toll that takes, and the slings and arrows taken from the resentment from her being a 'crossover' artist.
Paneru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 01:43 AM   #651

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

This is Whitney's last recorded song- recorded less than a week before she passed. The song is from her upcoming movie, 'Sparkle': titled "CELEBRATE"

BRAND NEW SONG!

Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:29 PM   #652
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Whitney Thread: Last Recorded SONG! (see first post)

Here is the Official Trailer for 'Sparkle'.

Whitney, so radiant!
Paneru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:45 PM   #653
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Whitney Thread: Last Recorded SONG! (see first post)

still hard to believe she recorded this 4 days before she passed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenus Christ View Post
Wait Kerber's ankle I thought it was her shoulder..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macomere View Post
I hope its both.
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2012, 02:37 AM   #654

Re: The Official Whitney Houston Thread: Happy birthday! She would have been 49 2day

Old Aug 10th, 2012, 03:28 AM   #655
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Official Whitney Houston Thread: Happy birthday! She would have been 49 2day

happy birthday to the late, great Whitney Houston.
Old Aug 10th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #656

They had a flashmob to celebrate her b'day (it's not as good as the one in San Francisco- but it's cute):

Old Aug 10th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #657
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

happy bday whitney!
ElusiveChanteuse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #658
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Did people see the BET tribute with Cissy? It was soo touching Hopefully the American Music Awards and DivasVH1 can do a good job too.

Also buy the Sparkle soundtrack to listen to Whitney's final () recordings if you haven't already.

Last edited by Olórin : Aug 10th, 2012 at 01:54 PM.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #659
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

We love you, Whitney.
Old Aug 10th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #660
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

WHITNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote