Whitney Houston: One Year Anniversary of her passing - Page 43 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 18th, 2012, 03:52 AM   #631
Tech1

Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Whitney Houston Thread: Tribute to a Legend!

Twitter reactions of women's tennis players to Whitney Houston's death
Tech1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 18th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #632
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

One of my favourite duets, and a good latter-day vocal from Whitney .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #633
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

The ultimate feel good music.

I can't get used to seeing her referred to as 'the late Whitney Houston'.
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 03:44 AM   #634
country flag shoryuken

shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renalicious View Post
This is my own little tribute to The Voice.

I hope you did you some sort of justice Whit. Goodbye and RIP.

PS: A lot better with headphones, read the description.
I didn't know you could sing . Nice job
\ /
I IV
serenaslam.tumblr.com
shoryuken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 04:33 PM   #635
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Whitney Houston Becomes First Woman With Three Albums In Billboard 200's Top 10

This week, the late Whitney Houston becomes the first woman to place three albums in the top 10 of the Billboard 200 chart at the same time.*

"Whitney: the Greatest Hits" holds at No. 2 with 174,000 (down less than 1% according to Nielsen SoundScan), "The Bodyguard" soundtrack jumps 38-6 (47,000; up 176%) and "Whitney Houston" motors 37-9 (30,000; up 72%).

Chart Moves: Whitney Houston's Album Sales Rise 144%; Madonna's Post-Super Bowl Slide; Adele's 'Rumour' Returns

She's also found at No. 16 ("I Look to You," 19,000; up 109%), No. 30 ("My Love Is Your Love," 15,000; up 312%), No. 39 ("I'm Your Baby Tonight," 13,000; up 262%), No. 105 ("The Preacher's Wife," 5,000; down 30%), No. 126 ("Just Whitney," 4,000; up 57%), No. 133 ("Whitney," 4,000; down 43%). One more title is at No. 73. It's a three-CD bundle of "Baby," "My Love" and "Just Whitney." It sold 7,000 (up 423%).

Whitney Houston Has No. 2 Album, Grammys Push Big Gains On Billboard 200

Houston's Album Sales Climb:*

In total, for the week ending Feb. 26, Houston's albums sold 320,000 (up 29% compared to the previous week's haul of 247,000). She also sold 373,000 tracks this week -- down 75% compared to the week previous (1.5 million). Since her death, she has sold 668,000 albums and 2.76 million tracks.*

As physical stock of Houston's albums are finally reaching retail outlets, we see her older catalog sets moving up the list. Since her death on Feb. 11, the bulk of her album sales have come from digital downloads, as most retailers didn't have physical copies of her albums on-hand.*

This past week, downloads made up 8.4% of her total album sales. That's a steep drop from her digital share the week previous, when downloads were 54% of her overall album sum*.

A Historic Top 10*

Houston's placement of three titles in the Billboard 200's top 10 amazingly marks the first time in almost 44 years an act has accomplished the feat.*

The last time an act scored three simultaneous top 10 sets was on July 6, 1968, when Simon & Garfunkel were at Nos. 1, 2 and 10. That week, "Bookends" was tops, followed by "The Graduate" soundtrack in the runner-up slot and "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme" at No. 10.*

Billboard launched its first all-encompassing pop albums chart on Aug. 17, 1963 -- which combined both mono and stereo albums. Previously, we had separate tallies for mono and stereo recordings.*

Since then, aside from Houston and Simon & Garfunkel, the only other acts to net three albums in the top 10 at the same time were the Beatles; Peter, Paul & Mary and Herb Albert & the Tijuana Brass. (All did it on various weeks between 1964 and 1966).*

Herb Albert & the Tijuana Brass holds the record for the most concurrent top 10 albums on the Billboard 200, with four (April 4, 1966).*

Don't Forget the King of Pop and the Fab Four:*

Presently, the Billboard 200 ranks the week's biggest-selling albums in the U.S. -- regardless of their age. Thus, this is why Houston's self-titled 1985 debut is among the more recently-released in the top 10 this week.*

However, as of the chart dated Dec. 5, 2009, the Billboard 200 altered its rules to let older albums -- also known as "catalog" titles -- to chart alongside newer releases.*

Thus, it must be noted that had the Billboard 200 allowed catalog albums to chart previous to then, both Michael Jackson and the Beatles would have claimed three simultaneous top 10 titles that year.*

On the now-defunct Top Comprehensive Albums chart (which ranked both new and old albums), Michael Jackson posthumously notched three or more of the top 10 for seven different weeks after his death on June 25. For two of those frames (July 25 and Aug. 1) he owned an incredible six of the top 10 best-selling albums of the week.*

Later that year, on Sept. 26, 2009, after the Beatles' reissued and remastered its studio albums on CD, the fab four earned five of the top 10.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro

Last edited by Sir Stefwhit : Feb 29th, 2012 at 11:08 PM.
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #636

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

One of my all time favorite concert from her, enjoy: WELCOME HOME HEROS

Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Old Feb 25th, 2012, 02:58 AM   #637

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/indus...06285152.story

Whitney Houston's YouTube & Vevo Plays Gain 4,523%

February 24, 2012
By Keith Caulfield, Los Angeles

The late Whitney Houston's videos are in high-demand on both YouTube and Vevo, as her play count increased by 4,523% last week, according to Next Big Sound. She went from 868,000 plays to 40.2 million in the week ending Feb. 20.*

In turn, the diva -- who died on Feb. 12 -- moves from No. 12 to No. 2 on Billboard's Social 50 chart. The tally ranks the most popular artists on YouTube, Vevo, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and iLike, using a formula that blends weekly additions of friends/fans/followers along with weekly artist page views and weekly song plays
Old Feb 25th, 2012, 03:41 AM   #638
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post

It may be my favorite! She really put her whole heart into the performance for the returning
troops and their families! The anthem, ATMIN(BEST performance of that song!!!),
GLOA (with that cute little boy yelling at his dad to leave him alone with Whitney on stage),
Song for You, to her words before singing Battle Hymm of the Republic with the crowd! OH MY!

I really hope they put it on CD because I'd love to have it!

My heart feels more at ease, especially after seeing the interviews of Kim Burrell.

Continued thoughts and prayers for Bobbi Kristina and Cissy.
Paneru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #639
country flag Bijoux0021

Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
The ultimate feel good music.

I can't get used to seeing her referred to as 'the late Whitney Houston'.
Same here. I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing her name referred that way. It just doesn't sound right.

*Federer*Nadal*Djokovic*Tsonga*Murray*Monfils*Gulb is*Young*Safin*Mirnyi*

“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”

― Maya Angelou
Bijoux0021 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #640

Awesome video!!! A must share- especially the last minute of the video!
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 09:45 AM   #641
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing guitar cover of Saving All My Love.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 03:09 AM   #642

Oprah Winfrey Exclusive Interview with Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina and Her Family to Air on 'Oprah's Next Chapter' Sunday, March 11 on OWN]

LOS ANGELES, March 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --*Oprah Winfrey sits down with Whitney Houston's daughter Bobbi Kristina, her sister-in-law and manager Patricia Houston and Whitney's brother Gary Houston in an intimate interview to air as a special episode of "Oprah's Next Chapter" Sunday, March 11 (9:00 – 10:00 p.m. ET/PT) only on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.*

In the special, Winfrey speaks with those closest to the legendary singer, as Bobbi Kristina shares personal memories of her mom and how she would like the iconic superstar to be remembered. The family also addresses the rumors and speculation surrounding Houston's death.
Preceding the all-new "Oprah's Next Chapter," "Remembering Whitney: The Oprah Interview" will re-air March 11 (7:00 – 9:00 p.m. ET/PT), featuring Whitney Houston's last in-depth television interview from "The Oprah Winfrey Show" as Winfrey reflects on her personal memories of the superstar.*

Additional original "Oprah's Next Chapter" episodes airing in March include Lady Gaga (March 18) and Gloria Steinem (March 25).*
OPRAH'S NEXT CHAPTER Lady Gaga – Sunday, March 18 (9:00 – 11:00 p.m.)

Oprah Winfrey travels to New York City to give the world its first look inside the apartment Lady Gaga grew up in and still calls home.* And for the first time ever Gaga's mother, Cynthia, breaks her silence on what it's like to be the mom of the most famous and controversial pop star on the planet.*Notoriously tight-lipped about her personal life, Lady Gaga also opens up about love, marriage and children.*Oprah, Lady Gaga and Cynthia also meet up at Harvard University in Cambridge to help launch the project Lady Gaga says is the most important work of her life.**

OPRAH'S NEXT CHAPTER Gloria Steinem – Sunday, March 25 (9:00 – 10:00 p.m.)
Oprah and legendary feminist/activist Gloria Steinem sit down with 60 outspoken students at Barnard College—the most selective women's college in the U.S.—for a dynamic, provocative and no-holds barred conversation.*Gloria, Oprah and the students talk about everything from on-campus vending machines selling the "morning after" pill to what sexual empowerment looks like today. Then, Oprah visits Gloria at her bohemian New York City brownstone for an in-depth, one-on-one conversation.*Gloria reveals her tough childhood, becoming her mother's caregiver at age 10, marrying at age 66 and the most painful regret of her life.
About OPRAH'S NEXT CHAPTER

The new primetime series (Sundays, 9 p.m. ET/PT) features Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. Produced by Harpo Studios. Follow the conversation on Twitter #NextChapter
About OWN: OPRAH WINFREY NETWORK

A joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is a multi-platform media company designed to entertain, inform and inspire people to live their best lives. OWN debuted on January 1, 2011, in approximately 77 million homes on what was the Discovery Health Channel.*The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform, Oprah.com.* For more information, please visit www.oprah.com/own and www.press.discovery.com/us/own.
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 11:22 AM   #643
country flag doktor

doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute

It's kind of amazing to think that 2009 trainwreck Whitney's voice is still 1000x >>>>>>>> anything popular today other than Adele
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 02:09 PM   #644
country flag doktor

doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

GOAT

That has to be close to peak Whitney, she's blatantly killing every song she sings, and hits any note required with ease.

We truly have lost the greatest voice we might ever hear.
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 05:57 PM   #645
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oprah Winfrey Exclusive Interview with Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina and Her Family to Air on 'Oprah's Next Chapter' Sunday, March 11 on OWN]

LOS ANGELES, March 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --*Oprah Winfrey sits down with Whitney Houston's daughter Bobbi Kristina, her sister-in-law and manager Patricia Houston and Whitney's brother Gary Houston in an intimate interview to air as a special episode of "Oprah's Next Chapter" Sunday, March 11 (9:00 – 10:00 p.m. ET/PT) only on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.*

In the special, Winfrey speaks with those closest to the legendary singer, as Bobbi Kristina shares personal memories of her mom and how she would like the iconic superstar to be remembered. The family also addresses the rumors and speculation surrounding Houston's death.
Preceding the all-new "Oprah's Next Chapter," "Remembering Whitney: The Oprah Interview" will re-air March 11 (7:00 – 9:00 p.m. ET/PT), featuring Whitney Houston's last in-depth television interview from "The Oprah Winfrey Show" as Winfrey reflects on her personal memories of the superstar.*

Additional original "Oprah's Next Chapter" episodes airing in March include Lady Gaga (March 18) and Gloria Steinem (March 25).*
OPRAH'S NEXT CHAPTER Lady Gaga – Sunday, March 18 (9:00 – 11:00 p.m.)

Oprah Winfrey travels to New York City to give the world its first look inside the apartment Lady Gaga grew up in and still calls home.* And for the first time ever Gaga's mother, Cynthia, breaks her silence on what it's like to be the mom of the most famous and controversial pop star on the planet.*Notoriously tight-lipped about her personal life, Lady Gaga also opens up about love, marriage and children.*Oprah, Lady Gaga and Cynthia also meet up at Harvard University in Cambridge to help launch the project Lady Gaga says is the most important work of her life.**

OPRAH'S NEXT CHAPTER Gloria Steinem – Sunday, March 25 (9:00 – 10:00 p.m.)
Oprah and legendary feminist/activist Gloria Steinem sit down with 60 outspoken students at Barnard College—the most selective women's college in the U.S.—for a dynamic, provocative and no-holds barred conversation.*Gloria, Oprah and the students talk about everything from on-campus vending machines selling the "morning after" pill to what sexual empowerment looks like today. Then, Oprah visits Gloria at her bohemian New York City brownstone for an in-depth, one-on-one conversation.*Gloria reveals her tough childhood, becoming her mother's caregiver at age 10, marrying at age 66 and the most painful regret of her life.
About OPRAH'S NEXT CHAPTER

The new primetime series (Sundays, 9 p.m. ET/PT) features Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. Produced by Harpo Studios. Follow the conversation on Twitter #NextChapter
About OWN: OPRAH WINFREY NETWORK

A joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is a multi-platform media company designed to entertain, inform and inspire people to live their best lives. OWN debuted on January 1, 2011, in approximately 77 million homes on what was the Discovery Health Channel.*The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform, Oprah.com.* For more information, please visit www.oprah.com/own and www.press.discovery.com/us/own.
I like many others was a bit surprised just given the timing and if Bobbi Kristina was emotionally up to this. It is so surreal to think she'll have been gone for a month when this airs, time flies!

I really think this is a chance for Bobbi Kristina to say her piece sharing great memories of her mother and dispelling any and all rumors she see's fit to.
Paneru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote