Whitney Houston: One Year Anniversary of her passing - Page 42 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 14th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #616
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Whitney Houston Thread: Tribute to a Legend!

Leann Rimes pays tribute

The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #617

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Leann Rimes singing I Have Nothing in honor of Whitney during her concert yesterday

Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #618
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Listening to "Saving All My Love For You". The beauty of Whit's voice in that song makes sleeping with a married man sound like a GOOD thing .
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #619

Whitney Houston Sells 1 Million Albums, Singles Since Death
Singer's catalog sales surged following her death, including nearly 900,000 individual tracks moved.
By Gil Kaufman

Much as they did after the deaths of Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse, fans of Whitney Houston rushed out to buy the late diva's music in the wake of her passing on Saturday.

Billboard reported that Houston's only hits package, Whitney: The Greatest Hits, is poised to re-enter the Billboard 200 chart this week at #6 after selling 64,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Most amazingly, that jump in purchases represent just one full day of sales, since the reporting week ended on February 12. Houston was found dead midday in Los Angeles the day before of as-yet-undetermined causes. The uptick for the Greatest collection represents a 10,419 percent gain over the pervious week, when it moved just under 1,000 copies.

A number of other Houston albums also moved back up the charts, including her 1986 debut Whitney Houston, which jumped to #72 on sales of 8,000 (a 3,901 percent rise), the soundtrack to "The Bodyguard" (#80 on sales of 8,000, up 5,213 percent) and her final studio album, I Look to You (#118 on sales of 5,000, up 3,901 percent). The magazine reported that more Houston albums were purchased in the last week — over 101,000 — than had been sold in all of 2011 and 2012 to date.

The most impressive figures, though, were the number of digital tracks fans purchased. In all, there were 887,000 downloads over the past week, a gain of 5,730 over the previous week's 15,000 tracks sold. The biggest gainer was, of course, her signature song, "I Will Always Love You," which moved 195,000 units, a 6,742 percent gain over the previous week.

While that song enters the Digital Songs chart at #3, seven other songs hit the Digital Songs chart as well, including "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)" (#25, 74,000, up 8,769 percent), "Greatest Love of All" (#32, 60,000, up 7,270 percent), "How Will I Know" (#46, 43,000, up 5,767 percent), "I Have Nothing" (#53, 38,000, up 5,179 percent), "Saving All My Love for You" (#65, 33,000, up 6,423 percent), "One Moment in Time" (#74, 30,000, up 6,206 percent) and Houston's rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner" (#75, 29,000, up 8,278 percent).

Next week's chart should see an even bigger boost to Houston's catalog as it will reflect a full week of sales.

Tune in as we celebrate the life of an icon with "Whitney Houston: In Her Own Words" tonight at 7:30 p.m. ET on MTV.
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #620

Respect!!! Now that's a proper tribute, well done Amber (I got chills)!!!
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #621
country flag ampers&
Senior Bitch.

ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute

That wasn't a tribute. That had been recorded months ago and had nothing to do with Whitney's death.

That said it was good. But Jennifer's tribute touched me more as it felt more raw and real, IMO.
ampers& is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #622
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

I love Xtina's tribute to Whitney when she was still alive.

I can't find Whitney singing Run to You live anywhere!

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miching~Mallecho View Post
That wasn't a tribute. That had been recorded months ago and had nothing to do with Whitney's death.

That said it was good. But Jennifer's tribute touched me more as it felt more raw and real, IMO.
I'm well aware of that. It still was a tribute nonetheless. Amber Riley has been talking about her one encounter where she got a chance to thank Whitney personally for allowing Glee to use her songs. the way Amber sung that song u can tell she played Whitney over and over and she worked really hard to get it right. She went on record saying she didn't want to do the song because it was difficult and she was afraid of people's reaction, by singing the song the way she did, she did Whitney and that song justice. That's what I call a tribute - a proper tribute at that!

I loved JHuds abbreviated nod on the Grammys as well. She did a fine job.
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #624
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

One of her last good performances. Her voice wasn't in much shape by then, but when you think of her world tour a couple of years ago went it's GOAT by comparison.

Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #625
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
I'm well aware of that. It still was a tribute nonetheless. Amber Riley has been talking about her one encounter where she got a chance to thank Whitney personally for allowing Glee to use her songs. the way Amber sung that song u can tell she played Whitney over and over and she worked really hard to get it right. She went on record saying she didn't want to do the song because it was difficult and she was afraid of people's reaction, by singing the song the way she did, she did Whitney and that song justice. That's what I call a tribute - a proper tribute at that!

I loved JHuds abbreviated nod on the Grammys as well. She did a fine job.

Such a sweetheart and she did Whitney proud.

Love Whitney so much and my heart still aches.

One of my favorites performances.

Paneru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #626
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Full concerts......

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #627
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Whitney being Whitney. This is why many people consider her the greatest voice of all time. This performance is raw with emotion. Like me right now.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 12:28 AM   #628
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

I just found my diary from my high school years with a picture of Whitney pasted on the cover. A fragment of my teens. I'm glad I kept it.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #629
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone just see Yolanda Adams turn it out during the Whitney tribute on the NAACP Awards
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 02:47 AM   #630
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

*Youtubes*
ElusiveChanteuse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote