Whitney Houston: One Year Anniversary of her passing - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 2nd, 2009, 11:13 PM   #46
country flag Bijoux0021

Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whitney Houston: OFFICIAL SONG W/FULL PRODUCTION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberduckzilla View Post
What the fuck has happened to her voice?

Just awful
Sadly, because of so many years of using and abusing drugs, her voice will probably never be the same. I'm just happy she's still with us and making a comeback. I wish I could say the same for Michael Jackson.

*Federer*Nadal*Djokovic*Tsonga*Murray*Monfils*Gulb is*Young*Safin*Mirnyi*

“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”

― Maya Angelou
Bijoux0021 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2009, 11:18 PM   #47
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just so happy she's back and more importantly in good health. Thinking about what happened to Michael Jackson and then thinking about how close Whitney came to only God knows what, just makes me appreciate her more. Maybe that's why I'm connecting to the song. Lyrically it's powerful and Whitney moved me with the honesty in her voice- that raw tone that people probably don't like is what makes this song work for me.

THIS IS AN AWESOME REMIX!!!!
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro

Last edited by Sir Stefwhit : Jul 10th, 2009 at 11:06 AM.
Sir Stefwhit is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2009, 11:27 PM   #48
country flag ~Cherry*Blossom~

~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
Seriously? It's such a heartfelt, emotional and soulful song. She's 45 years old so if you're looking for BodyGuard vocals you'll be disappointed, but she sounds great in this song to me. It's a strong vocal- but nothing will please everyone. Hopefully other songs on the album will speak to you.
The lyrics are good. The voice isn't. I wasn't expecting PEAK Whitney because of all the drugs but I wasn't expecting this croaky sound. It sounded pretty bad to me. I'm really disappointed. I really didn't expect Whitney's voice to go the way of Mariah's. *sigh*

I await the up tempo songs because Whitney does know how to make great up tempo records!

THE ROYAL SAINT - OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE ROYAL COURT
USO99-FO02-WIM02-USO02-AO03-WIM03-AO05-AO07-USO08-AO09-WIM09-AO10-WIM10-WIM12-USO12-FO13-USO13
WIM00-USO00-WIM01-USO01-WIM05-WIM07-WIM08
•How could you love summer before winter nights? I'll be by your side•
~Cherry*Blossom~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 02:44 AM   #49
country flag 2Black

2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So very true and for every action there's a reaction. So I'm sure there are lingering effects. But the honesty and sincerity in her voice is still there. She can emote so much emotion and if you compare her to everyone out right now she's still better than 90% of people out there. Did u watch the BET awards?

I'm just so happy she's back and more importantly in good health. Thinking about what happened to Michael Jackson and then thinking about how close Whitney came to only God knows what, just makes me appreciate her more. Maybe that's why I'm connecting to the song. Lyrically it's powerful and Whitney moved me with the honesty in her voice- that raw tone that people probably don't like is what makes this song work for me.
Well said ... I wish MJ had known his own strength
2Black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 03:56 AM   #50
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

What a dreadful song She waited 7 years to come back with this??
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 04:41 AM   #51
country flag borisbecker

borisbecker is a jewel in the rough borisbecker is a jewel in the rough borisbecker is a jewel in the rough borisbecker is a jewel in the rough borisbecker is a jewel in the rough borisbecker is a jewel in the rough borisbecker is a jewel in the rough borisbecker is a jewel in the rough borisbecker is a jewel in the rough borisbecker is a jewel in the rough borisbecker is a jewel in the rough

It's a great song. Her voice sounds different, but that's mostly because she's older. She sings with a lot of expression.
borisbecker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 09:54 AM   #52
country flag volta

volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So very true and for every action there's a reaction. So I'm sure there are lingering effects. But the honesty and sincerity in her voice is still there. She can emote so much emotion and if you compare her to everyone out right now she's still better than 90% of people out there. Did u watch the BET awards?

i like it but it's not lead single material AT ALL , this would be good as the last single of the album
They had sooo much time and were able to make a strategy and really think on what they were going to do after Mariah's single now i just dont know what to expect, bad BAD Clive
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 10:14 AM   #53
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, this is just not a HIT material which she wants in order to make her comeback HUGE.
It's just alright for me.
Hopefully there're other better choices.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 11:11 AM   #54
country flag Apoleb

Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute

The voice isn't a problem. I actually like the raspy tone and some artists have done great with much less. But this feels like Try It On My Own part II, and the lyrics are very bleh. I would've preferred an uptempo.
Apoleb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 11:32 AM   #55
country flag Thanx4nothin

Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberduckzilla View Post
The lyrics are good. The voice isn't. I wasn't expecting PEAK Whitney because of all the drugs but I wasn't expecting this croaky sound. It sounded pretty bad to me. I'm really disappointed. I really didn't expect Whitney's voice to go the way of Mariah's. *sigh*

I await the up tempo songs because Whitney does know how to make great up tempo records!
Mariah's voice is still phenomenal. It isn't what it was but shes still the best out there, and with rest, what she did with Fly Like a Bird on AI was awe inspiring.

People degrade so much. So misinformed.
I think with her serve and her athleticism, her power, her court mobility, I just think when she’s on, she’s the greatest player we’ve ever seen, ever. Now, whether her record is the greatest remains to be seen because she hasn’t retired yet. But I think she is really the greatest player. I have seen Martina and Steffi at their best. There are little chinks in those players’ armor, but it was a different era, where you didn’t need to be the perfect player.
Chris Evert
Thanx4nothin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 12:44 PM   #56
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Producers and songwriters said to aid with the set include will.i.am, Sean Garrett, Alicia Keys, Swizz Beatz, Diane Warren, David Foster, Stargate, Akon, and John Legend.
always a bad idea to work with a such a wide range od producers on one album. especially if they include wll.i.am.

her voice has changed so much!

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 02:21 PM   #57
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute

its boring
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 02:25 PM   #58
country flag azinna

azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoleb View Post
The voice isn't a problem. I actually like the raspy tone and some artists have done great with much less. But this feels like Try It On My Own part II, and the lyrics are very bleh. I would've preferred an uptempo.
I very much agree. If she was going ballad, then she needed Babyface to do it.... she could've still worked wonders with the rasp around some shoop, shoop

Always on the lookout for a great tennis match.
azinna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 06:24 PM   #59
country flag ~Cherry*Blossom~

~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanx4nothin View Post
Mariah's voice is still phenomenal. It isn't what it was but shes still the best out there, and with rest, what she did with Fly Like a Bird on AI was awe inspiring.

People degrade so much. So misinformed.
Well you either haven't heard her sing live recently or you are deaf!

THE ROYAL SAINT - OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE ROYAL COURT
USO99-FO02-WIM02-USO02-AO03-WIM03-AO05-AO07-USO08-AO09-WIM09-AO10-WIM10-WIM12-USO12-FO13-USO13
WIM00-USO00-WIM01-USO01-WIM05-WIM07-WIM08
•How could you love summer before winter nights? I'll be by your side•
~Cherry*Blossom~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 06:38 PM   #60
country flag 2Black

2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Whitney & Clive ... this song has inspired me all day today. I love those lyrics ... I wasn't built to break...
2Black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote