Whitney Houston: One Year Anniversary of her passing - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 03:29 PM   #331
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whitney Houston: Million Dollar Bill (official) Video (see first post)

great song and album

The Empress.

17 and counting...
ce is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 24th, 2009, 01:36 AM   #332
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Whitney Houston: Million Dollar Bill (official) Video (see first post)

Good news Whitney fans!

At No. 2 on the Billboard 200, Whitney Houston's "I Look To You" climbs one spot with 156,000 -- up 77%. The album makes the great sales gain this week thanks to Houston's much-publicized two-day stand on "The Oprah Winfrey Show." In three weeks, "I Look to You" has sold 548,000 copies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm so happy to see her cd holding strong on the Album charts . Now lets hope her singles start to show some major upward movement when the new Billboard Hot 100 Singles Charts are released Thursday morning .
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 02:38 AM   #333
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, great to see her album holding steady!

Her 3rd week sales shot up 99% coming off the dip in the 2nd week.
The Oprah Interview, plus the release of two videos, and the number
of radio interviews really have helped greatly.

What was really amazing to see is how big she was selling before
the first video came out off this album, especially in this day
and age in music.

Hear her next appearance will be in Germany on a show called "Wetten Dass",
Nelly Furtado & Tokio Hotel.
Paneru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 06:36 PM   #334
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute

Whitney still going strong @ #4 this week behind Pearl Jam, Jay-Z, & Three Days Grace.

Quote:
Clive Davis: Whitney Houston’s New Album ‘Means A Lot To Me’

Tags:
Clive Davis,Whitney Houston,Music

Clive Davis talks with Access about Whitney Houston’s new album, “I Look To You,” and why they chose to move up the release date. Plus, he discusses the intimate interview she did with Oprah and the possibility of a Whitney tour.
http://www.accesshollywood.com/clive..._video_1158739

Great vid of Clive and you can tell it means a lot to him that she debuted at #1 in so many countries.
Can tell he really cares for her like a daughter.

Quote:
Possible Whitney/Oprah follow-up show?

These 2 topics were just posted on Oprah's website.

1st topic posted

Aha moment after the Whitney interview?

Did you have an 'aha' moment after seeing the Whitney Houston interview? Did you see yourself in Whitney when she was revealing everything she had overcome to change her life? Have you said to yourself, I know exactly what Whitney was feeling in that moment because I have been there? Did you understand your own journey even more after seeing the Whitney interview? "The Oprah Winfrey Show" is looking for women who have made mistakes or bad choices in their past but have found the inner strength to turn their lives around. What is your greatest mistake or regret? What obstacles have you overcome? Like Whitney, did you discover inner strength that you didn't know existed? Have you managed to start your life over on a different path? How have you made your comeback? Did you find yourself on a path that you know wasn't your true calling and had the courage to make the change? Tell us about it! The Oprah Winfrey Show wants to know the lessons you've learned from this experience.

https://www.oprah.com/plugform.jsp?p...mTypeName=TOWS

Topic 2

Were you inspired by Whitney Houston?

Are you a woman who's made a lot of mistakes and bad choices and you are struggling to change your life? Did hearing what Whitney has overcome and how she changed her life inspire you to finally turn your own life around? Have you dug yourself into a dark hole and now want to turn your life around, but don't believe you have the inner strength to do it? What are the obstacles are you currently trying to overcome? Why have you reached a crossroads? "The Oprah Winfrey Show" wants to hear from women who don't believe they have the strength to turn their life around and need to be inspired to make a change.

https://www.oprah.com/plugform.jsp?p...mTypeName=TOWS
"Million Dollar Bill" is getting much play in the UK.
The single drops there on the 5th and the album on the 19th.
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 07:18 PM   #335
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Whitney Houston: Million Dollar Bill (official) Video (see first post)

US Chart Update

I Look To You -- #4 on the Billboard Album Chart

Million Dollar Bill -- up from #28 - #15 on the Hot Dance Club Play Chart * Points Gainer Of The Week *

I Didn't Know My Own Strength -- up from #22 - #17 on the Hot Dance Club Play Chart

http://www.billboard.com/#/charts/da...order=position
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 04:34 AM   #336
country flag Renalicious
Queen Cockroach

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

YEAH! Great work so far Nippy.
makarova, diatchenko, keys, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 10:48 AM   #337
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Whitney's 5th week sales show her holding steady. Just outside the top ten, but she will probably re-enter next week when all the new entries go down.

I think Barbra and Mariah's albums are probably helping Whitney stay steady if anything. When you go to the store to pick up one diva's album, you may as well pick up another if it's a good deal (if you don't already have it).

Whitney has done remarkably well with very little promotion outside of GMA and Oprah. She's performing in Germany, France and the UK over the coming weeks, so I'm intrigued as to whether her European sales will gain.
Olórin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 07:34 PM   #338
country flag Paneru

"Million Dollar Bill" gets it's 1st #1 in Poland!
"I Look To You" @ #19.

http://euro200.net/Polish-Top50.htm
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 08:43 PM   #339
country flag Paneru

Wetten,das...? performance of "I Look To You"

Last edited by Paneru : Oct 3rd, 2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 08:56 PM   #340
country flag jefrilibra

jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute

Whitney fucking killed it at the Wetten Dass show.

It was 100% LIVE and the voice is certainly back. She added new adlibs and long falsetto notes to the song I Look To You!

Here is a much clearer version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTSlKG2ZCq8
jefrilibra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 08:59 PM   #341
country flag Venus_Serena

Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all

I never thought she would be able to sing like that one day, it was very good
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 09:00 PM   #342
country flag Paneru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefrilibra View Post
Whitney fucking killed it at the Wetten Dass show.

The voice is certainly back.

Here is a much clearer version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTSlKG2ZCq8
And it is only going to get stronger the more she performs!
I hope she really does decide to tour. Clive says it is up
to her.
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 10:16 PM   #343
country flag jefrilibra

jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneru View Post
And it is only going to get stronger the more she performs!
I hope she really does decide to tour. Clive says it is up
to her.
I was watching it LIVE on HD and I was nervous as hell. I was literally blown away cos I dont want to hear another disaster like on GMA! She really showed up tonight. There was no hoarseness in her voice or those sandpaper vocals as on GMA. Im really proud of her.

Anyway Ive uploaded a very clear MP4 version of the performance for anyone who is interested.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7TEEFUX7

jefrilibra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 10:55 PM   #344
country flag Paneru

Luv it!
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 11:00 PM   #345
country flag Paneru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefrilibra View Post
I was watching it LIVE on HD and I was nervous as hell. I was literally blown away cos I dont want to hear another disaster like on GMA! She really showed up tonight. There was no hoarseness in her voice or those sandpaper vocals as on GMA. Im really proud of her.
I know what you mean!

Proves she's still got it live! That is most important to me because I've always felt
many of her live versions have blown her studio versions out of the water.