Whitney Houston: One Year Anniversary of her passing - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 24th, 2009, 10:18 PM   #241
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whitney Houston: ENTIRE Album available for listen online (first post)

http://www.whitneyhouston.com/

It's streaming from the official site at the moment. I really can't wait to be able to download it from itunes.

I think this album is actually a lot more urban and more pop-y than a lot of her previous albums. It's contemporary without trying to be too current, and if it is a little 80's/early 90's, I think it is in a good way, i.e. infusing the old with the new.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 24th, 2009, 10:22 PM   #242
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoleb View Post
It's a snoozefest. There are some solid to decent material (Million Dollar Bill, Call You Tonight, Salute, For the Lovers), but the problem is that vocal arrangements with previous Whitney songs have usually depended on her ability to suddenly infuse tremendous power. They didn't change the formula here, but Whitney sounds downright tired, so there's little to keep the tempo going. They should have opted for a more beat driven material.
What on earth are you talking about, rhythym drives this album more so than any other Whitney material. Whitney's voice is always at the forefront, but every song has a very clear beat, whether it's the piano, strings, drumbs, bass etc. Obviously this album isn't the bodyguard #2 in terms of power but I really can't say I agree with you that she sounds tired. I feel that comment to be somewhat uninformed, but I guess pointless cynnicism is what you do best.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 10:26 PM   #243
country flag Apoleb

Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena~lover View Post
What on earth are you talking about, rhythym drives this album more so than any other Whitney material. Whitney's voice is always at the forefront, but every song has a very clear beat, whether it's the piano, strings, drumbs, bass etc. Obviously this album isn't the bodyguard #2 in terms of power but I really can't say I agree with you that she sounds tired. I feel that comment to be somewhat uninformed, but I guess pointless cynnicism is what you do best.
WTF? Who said Whitney didn't have lambs?

Seems like you can't wrap your head around a fact that some people won't like this album. She sounds tired according to my subjective hearing taste, and there are plenty of people on the net who are dissapointed with the status of her voice. Deal with it.
Apoleb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 10:46 PM   #244
country flag aznunit2k5

aznunit2k5 has disabled reputation

If you think about it, the only good song on the album..."Call You Tonight" is only good because of the production and music. Her vocals didn't deliver on any song on the album. Total disappointment really.

I mind as well get an instrumental version of Call You Tonight.
aznunit2k5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 12:12 AM   #245
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

aznunit2k5- Give it a rest already. You've made numerous threads about how you wish the album flops and fails- you posted links and told people to download the album for free and not to buy it- and on every song you've heard you said you hated them.

You have zero credibility and nobody is listening to your foolishness. You're pathetic and a bona fide waste of space- shoe and be gone already.

Why put energy and effort into wishing someone failure? You don't have to like Whitney, lots of people don't- but why make it a mission to hate on her. Too childish for me to devote anymore time to you- grow up already!
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #246
country flag ~Cherry*Blossom~

~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute

Call You Tonight is written by Johnta Austin I have about 30 of his songs and they are amazing. Yet his album, Ocean Drive, was never released

He's the guy that wrote We Belong Together.

Call You Tonight is amazing. Listened to it so many times the past two days! She needs to release this song!

As for the whole album, it's pretty good. Her voice isn't as good as it was, but that's to be expected. I like Call You Tonight, For The Lovers, Million Dollar Bill, I Look To You, Salute, Like I Never Left. There are a few others too that I like, but can't remember the names. It's a good album.

THE ROYAL SAINT - OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE ROYAL COURT
USO99-FO02-WIM02-USO02-AO03-WIM03-AO05-AO07-USO08-AO09-WIM09-AO10-WIM10-WIM12-USO12-FO13-USO13-USO14
WIM00-USO00-WIM01-USO01-WIM05-WIM07-WIM08
•How could you love summer before winter nights? I'll be by your side•
~Cherry*Blossom~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 09:33 PM   #247
country flag ~Cherry*Blossom~

~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute

lol, I just realised I've had Call You Tonight for ages. I had the demo by Johnta Austin on my iPod How did I not listen to that song more times than I actually did (only 5)

THE ROYAL SAINT - OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE ROYAL COURT
USO99-FO02-WIM02-USO02-AO03-WIM03-AO05-AO07-USO08-AO09-WIM09-AO10-WIM10-WIM12-USO12-FO13-USO13-USO14
WIM00-USO00-WIM01-USO01-WIM05-WIM07-WIM08
•How could you love summer before winter nights? I'll be by your side•
~Cherry*Blossom~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 03:02 AM   #248
country flag jefrilibra

jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute

On the set of MDB video shoot!

Oprah aint playin. Who else but Miss Whitney!

jefrilibra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 09:17 AM   #249
country flag starin

starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute

I like call you tonight but I feel like the song is straight up from 1999 a la Lonestar but w/ a beat added. most of her album feels mid to late 90's. All good songs but no stand outs and feels dated.

Last edited by starin : Aug 26th, 2009 at 09:23 AM.
starin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 01:29 PM   #250
country flag Pengwin

Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointing. Everything after Track 1 sucks. I hope Mariah produces somthing better (unlikely based on Obsessed ).

Alicia Keys, Jennifer Hudson, Christina Aguilera, Beyonce > Whitney and Mariah
Pengwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #251
country flag 2Black

2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute

This is a great CD ... I'm glad she stayed true to Whitney & didn't try to be like everything currently on radio. She pulled in some current producers but the production remained true to Whitney.

Great job!!!
2Black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 04:21 AM   #252
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whitney Houston: I Look To You- in stores now!

I can't stop playin' "WORTH IT"- that's a classic r&b jam right there!!!!

Also loving, "For The Lovers", "Call You Tonight", and "Nothin' But Love".

I waited till it was for sale to listen to the entire album after I bought it and it was so worth the wait. GET IT WHIT!!!!

The haterz are goin' 2 be mad...lol

Whitney's new album is #1 on both iTunes and #1 on Amazon.

I LOOK TO YOU:

#1 - iTunes USA
#1 - Amazon Bestsellers
#1 - iTunes Germany
#1 - iTunes Austria
#1 - iTunes Denmark
#1 - iTunes Greece
#1 - iTunes Italy
#1 - iTunes Luxembourg
#1 - iTunes Netherlands
#1 - iTunes Norway
#1 - iTunes Portugal
#1 - iTunes Sweden
#1 - iTunes Switzerland
#1 - iTunes Belgium
#1 - iTunes USA
#2 - iTunes Finland
#3 - iTunes France
#3 - iTunes Ireland
#1 - Tower Records Bestsellers
#1 - FYE Top Pre-orders
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 06:21 AM   #253
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

so put ya hand uaepeaUP

ily nippy.
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 08:43 AM   #254
country flag F-R-E-A-K

F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute

My foxy absolutely loves Whitney and he cant stop playing the album. Repeat x10000000
F-R-E-A-K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 10:55 AM   #255
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Bo-ring. Could have be released any time over the past 20 years.

Does anyone actually think that if it wasn't Whitney Houston's name on the cover and dubbed as her big "comeback" that this wouldn't flop to holy hell?