Whitney Houston: One Year Anniversary of her passing - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 27th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #151
country flag tonythetiger

tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future
Re: Whitney Houston: ENTIRE SONG (I Look 2 U)- first post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Vt6J5W24s

New demo snippet for Whitney called "Salute". Written and performed by R Kelly.
"No other female pop star, not Mariah Carey, not Celine Dion, not Barbra Streisand - quite rivals Houston in her exquisite vocal fluidity and purity of tone, and her ability to infuse a lyric with mesmerizing melodrama." Los Angeles Times
tonythetiger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 27th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #152
country flag volta

volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetiger View Post
I disagree. I think the buzz that Whitney is getting will clearly over shadow her album on Sept. 1. She is pushing it back to Sept. 15 hoping that she will have a better chance of debuing at number 1.
but the buzz was expected and they knew that Whitney was going to come back when they (Mariah and her team) announced a release date for her album, what they didn't expect was Obsessed to do as poorly (didn't even make the top 10) as it did. If Obsessed was a hit than she would stay with the original plan and release it when they said she would.
the prob is that everything that she has dropped after Touch My Body has flopped, they can't affod to release an album with no hits anymore.

Mariah never had good opening weeks(only time she did was with E=MC2 i think) , Mariah's albums have longevity they stay in the charts for a long ass time (when they don't flop), besides, she was going to release her album first so Whitney's album wouldn't change a thing on her debut status as there was a week between them
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 06:36 PM   #153
country flag volta

volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute

I Turn To You (MP3 CD RIP)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/63288886ad4628c6/
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 08:25 PM   #154
country flag BartoliBabes

BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future

Link for, I Didn't Know My Own Strength?
BartoliBabes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 08:27 PM   #155
country flag Apoleb

Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vö£†ä View Post
but the buzz was expected and they knew that Whitney was going to come back when they (Mariah and her team) announced a release date for her album, what they didn't expect was Obsessed to do as poorly (didn't even make the top 10) as it did. If Obsessed was a hit than she would stay with the original plan and release it when they said she would.
the prob is that everything that she has dropped after Touch My Body has flopped, they can't affod to release an album with no hits anymore.
Obsessed isn't doing badly by any means. It's still steadily racking up radio impressions at a consistent pace. The difference is that they didn't time the download release with the peak airplay which didn't translate into higher billboard position (like they did with TMB and other #1s). Still, #10 doesn't make a song a flop and it is shaping up to be a decent radio hit.
Apoleb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 09:27 PM   #156
country flag volta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoleb View Post
Obsessed isn't doing badly by any means. It's still steadily racking up radio impressions at a consistent pace. The difference is that they didn't time the download release with the peak airplay which didn't translate into higher billboard position (like they did with TMB and other #1s). Still, #10 doesn't make a song a flop and it is shaping up to be a decent radio hit.
it's doing poorly for someone with Mariah chart status. Unlike It's Like That Obsessed was not meant to warm up the radio for the next single ,Obsessed was meant to be a hit and it isn't.

the thing is, Obsessed isn't even getting half of the spins TMB got and it peaked on itunes at what 4 or 3 (down to 20ish now). her airplay is stabilizing more then increasing imo (she's behind 6m compared to last week) because urban is giving the song spins while pop isn't doing much with it (pop might start to pick up the song but i don't see them doing it specially when they didn't even support TMB all that much).
it didn't reach top 10 and it's probably going to end up between 15 and 22 in the charts this week...
she needs to let this tiresome act go and get back to doing pop music.

anyway back to Whitney's single is getting BIG support from radio specially urban

Last edited by volta : Jul 28th, 2009 at 09:40 PM.
volta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2009, 12:00 AM   #157
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
anyway back to Whitney's single it's getting BIG support from radio specially urban
With only three days counting toward the single's tally, 'I Look To You' is the fastest growing song on the Urban AC charts. It debuts for the week at #18 on the chart.

Based on Urban airplay her song will debut on this weeks R&B chart (again this is only after 3 days of airplay).

More good news for Whitney fans- Album gets EARLY RELEASE:

With the excitement building for the release of Whitney Houston's first album in seven years, it's been announced that fans can get I Look to You sooner than they thought!

The album, which was expected to hit store shelves on September 1, will now be made available on August 31. In addition, those who can't wait another month can download a free song starting today at www.whitneyhouston.com.

Meanwhile, ET was recently with the songstress as she talked about her highly anticipated album.

"I just think that the songs themselves will speak to you when you hear them, and you'll understand where I am [and] some of the changes I've gone through for the better," Whitney told ET.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2009, 01:48 AM   #158
country flag tonythetiger

tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future
Re: Whitney Houston: Arista gives away free download of song (see first post)

I love the promotion they're doing for this album.
"No other female pop star, not Mariah Carey, not Celine Dion, not Barbra Streisand - quite rivals Houston in her exquisite vocal fluidity and purity of tone, and her ability to infuse a lyric with mesmerizing melodrama." Los Angeles Times
tonythetiger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2009, 03:15 PM   #159

BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future

Quote:
it's doing poorly for someone with Mariah chart status. Unlike It's Like That Obsessed was not meant to warm up the radio for the next single ,Obsessed was meant to be a hit and it isn't.

the thing is, Obsessed isn't even getting half of the spins TMB got and it peaked on itunes at what 4 or 3 (down to 20ish now). her airplay is stabilizing more then increasing imo (she's behind 6m compared to last week) because urban is giving the song spins while pop isn't doing much with it (pop might start to pick up the song but i don't see them doing it specially when they didn't even support TMB all that much).
it didn't reach top 10 and it's probably going to end up between 15 and 22 in the charts this week...
she needs to let this tiresome act go and get back to doing pop music.

anyway back to Whitney's single is getting BIG support from radio specially urban
and how do you know?

why is mariah's album important in whitney's thread anyway?
Old Jul 29th, 2009, 04:40 PM   #160
country flag volta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartoliBabes View Post
and how do you know?

why is mariah's album important in whitney's thread anyway?
you can tell by the production , promotion and the fact that ILT was released during the lowest part of her career where radio was not giving her any spins and she was seen as dead and gone. They needed a strategy and that's what ITL was ,the glue between radio and WBT.
Obsessed was meant to be what a lead single is meant to be a hit for the album to start of with good sales , it didn't and that's why the album release date changed

i don't know when it turn into her i'm just replying

but back to whitney

Quote:
Here is a review of her new album "I Turn To You" from rap it up magazine. Also - if you visit www.whitneyhouston.com - you can download her new single for free!!!

They also pushed up her release date - it is now scheduled to be released August 31st

1. “Million Dollar Bill”
Swizz Beatz/Alicia Keys

As we first reported here, Swizz Beatz produced this track. Alicia Keys wrote it after personally asking Clive to write for Whitney’s album. The song doesn’t have a typical Swizz sound and feels more old-school R&B. It puts you in a good mood, but don’t let the title fool you. This is not an attempt at being a hip-hop club banger. It was the favorite for many. No doubt this will become a single.

2. “Nothin’ But Love”
Danja

Uptempo, danceable, hand-clapping beat. Whitney’s vocals are on prominent display as she belts out several long runs. Urban radio will eat this up.

3. “Call You Tonight”
Stargate/Johnta Austin

This was a contender for the lead single. It features a guitar riff common in Stargate productions (“With You” and “Irreplaceable”). “I wish that I could stay, but I gotta go/ Let me call you tonight, just as soon as I get home,” she sings.

4. “I Didn’t Know My Own Strength”
David Foster/Diane Warren

A version of this previously leaked to the Internet. Clive likened the power ballad to “I Will Always Love You.” It was recorded after her separation from Bobby Brown and tells of triumph in the face of diversity. Clive told Diane Warren, “You’ve written one of your great copyrights.”

5. “Like I Never Left” feat. Akon
Akon/Claude Kelly

Another track that leaked last year. The version that was played sounded more complete with added bass. Clive said Whitney wanted an island song, so they reached out to Akon. Clive started to dance to this one, which was pretty entertaining in itself. We didn’t love this when we first heard it, but it has grown on us considerably.

6. “Salute”
R. Kelly

Militaristic, marching beat. R. Kelly also has his vocals featured (“Eh eh eh”). One of our personal faves. “I’m a soldier girl/ In this world/ I stand alone/ I can be strong/ I walked the lines/ I made it home/ It’s good to know without you I made it.” Whitney even throws in an LL Cool J reference: “Don’t call it a comeback, I’ve been here for years.”

7. “I Look to You”
R. Kelly/Tricky Stewart/Harvey Mason Jr.

Powerful piano ballad that sums up the album. “When all my strength is gone, I look to you,” she sings. “This song says all I wanted to say,” explains Whitney of the title track, which is also the first single.

8. “Worth It”
Eric Hudson/Johnta Austin

Midtempo piano ballad. “I know somebody’s gonna make love to this song tonight,” she coos. A great groove and the dark horse of the album.

9. “A Song for You”
Leon Russell/Harvey Mason Jr.

A cover of Leon Russell’s 1970 song. Starts off slow with a piano intro, then speeds up towards the middle. Some of the audience got up and danced when they heard this. An unexpected take on a classic.

Whitney Houston’s 7th studio album I Look to You arrives September 1.

i am VERY afraid of the Swizz Beatz, Akon and Stargate tracks x_x

Danja but i wonder what the track sounds like ...

Last edited by volta : Jul 29th, 2009 at 04:55 PM.
volta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2009, 01:28 PM   #161
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute

American Radio is READY for Whitney to take over!

AI for 30/7/09

WHITNEY HOUSTON - I Look To You = 14.133 (+ 3.273) Biggest gain of the day
Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2009, 01:52 PM   #162
country flag 2Black

2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute

I am soooooooooooo wishing Whitney well ... I love comeback stories!!!
2Black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2009, 05:34 PM   #163

it ain't even all about success

but just giving something to her fans

if it does well then bonus
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 02:11 PM   #164
country flag Monirena Wiles

Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of Monirena Wiles has much to be proud of

Brand NEW song called Million Dollar Bill.
Monirena Wiles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 02:14 PM   #165
country flag azinna

azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, thanks.

Always on the lookout for a great tennis match.
azinna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote