Tara Moore - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 21st, 2010, 10:08 PM   #31
country flag Osomec

Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice
Re: Tara Moore

She has now picked up 12 or more ranking points in six consecutive tournaments.
Osomec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 5th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #32
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Lost to Samantha Murray in straight sets in Sunderland.
Old Nov 9th, 2010, 01:06 AM   #33
country flag Tony i-string

Tony i-string is a name known to all Tony i-string is a name known to all Tony i-string is a name known to all Tony i-string is a name known to all Tony i-string is a name known to all Tony i-string is a name known to all Tony i-string is a name known to all Tony i-string is a name known to all Tony i-string is a name known to all Tony i-string is a name known to all Tony i-string is a name known to all

Im a big tara fan, met her at notts, have been keeping incontact with her since on facebook and twitter, great girl. Saw her play at shrewsbury to. She signed a ball for my daughter and had a pic with her.

she told me she had a sore arm at sunderland, hence the bad result, and it might mean she cant play loughborough
Tony i-string is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #34
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

tara tweeted she will be fit for loughborough, so me and tony (tony i-string) are going to watch and support her tomorrow in her 1st round match. will take some pics and maybe a video

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 09:46 PM   #35
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

quick video of tara moore mocking her movement i took in loughborough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2hEAFgzS7w

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
Old Nov 26th, 2010, 06:01 PM   #36
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

D-day for Tara (and I assume all the other Brits).
Quote:
Funding decided today, need it and am so nervous!!!
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 10:28 AM   #37
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

For completeness' sake as I'm sure everyone knows, D-day was postponed but when it arrived it was bad news for Tara.
http://www.lta.org.uk/News/All-news-...ers-announced/
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/9272960.stm
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 11:45 AM   #38
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Bit of a shame for Tara and for Lisa Whybourn, who are both still teenagers and have made huge ranking advances of around 200 places in 2010.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #39
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Pisstake that they've given a huge number of contracts to shitty male players who will never achieve anything notable...
Old Dec 11th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #40
country flag coyets

coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
... that they've given a huge number of contracts to ... male players who will never achieve anything notable...
The higher potential of female players in Britain at the current time is not wholly reflected by the distribution of contracts.

Show them they are wrong, Tara!
coyets is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #41
country flag Osomec

Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice Osomec is just really nice

I agree that Tara is the most surprising omission from the list, but I don't agree that the female players have higher potential as a group. There isn't much back up in the juniors for the big two prospects of Laura Robson and Heather Watson, but on the boys side we have seven fourteen to seventeen year olds who are among the best in the world in their year group:

1993: George Morgan and Oliver Golding (junior world numbers five and six once the 1992 births drop out)
1994: Liam Broady (number two 1994 birth in the world)
1995: Kyle Edmund and Luke Bambridge (number two and number seven 1995 births in the world)
1996: Joshua Sapwell (number 4 14U in Europe), Peter Ashley (number 11 14U in Europe, but won big 14U tournaments in the US each of the last two weeks)

The LTA must have their reasons for ignoring Tara Moore's ranking progress, and perhaps they are right. I couldn't say, I don't have enough information. Peter Ashley is a more obvious victim of misfortune, as the selection of juniors was made way back in September, before he hit top form.
Osomec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 06:18 AM   #42
country flag coyets

coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light

Many scientific studies have proved what everyone knows, that when men and women show equal performance that the men tend to be chosen. In tennis, everyone knows that the best men play better than the best women. So this effect is greater. Whatever the reasons for the bias in the human psyche, I would be delighted if Tara Moore were to prove the LTA wrong in the coming year, and my opinion is that she can do this.
Old Dec 18th, 2010, 02:18 PM   #43
country flag sammy01

tara i think didn't get chosen for it because of past attitude and commitment. it is a shame cus she has really knuckled down lately and is taking her tennis seriously.

when i last spoke to her she was really excited to be going to india (though she didn't make the trip because of the arm) and was stoked for the trip to dubai to.

she is learning and improving all the time, so it really is a shame aegon/LTA aren't meeting her efforts half way. Still she seems determined for 2011 and hopefully the results will ontinue to come.

Old Jan 6th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #44
country flag coyets

Tara got off to a rather unfortunate start to 2011, losing both sets to Akari Inoue on a tie-break in the first qualifying round in Quanzhou, Fujian. Good luck in the next tournament, Tara!
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 11:50 PM   #45
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
tara i think didn't get chosen for it because of past attitude and commitment. it is a shame cus she has really knuckled down lately and is taking her tennis seriously.
That's a shame, I think. She's only 18 now. Punishing her for attitude problems when she was little more than a kid seems counter-productive to me.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote