Tara Moore - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 25th, 2014, 01:20 PM   #286
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tara Moore

Definitely. She absolutely had it in her hands. Experience v inexperience in the end

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2014, 02:25 PM   #287
country flag nimble kitty

nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice

This has to be the most heartbreaking loss of the year for me (of any player, including Joko which says a lot). Each year she comes to Wimbledon gets so close to winning against top players (I know Vera isn't at her best) but stumbles at the last hurdle.

Her game is far too good to be ranked 250 (a nicer game than Broady, Murray and Hev IMO) but the rest of the year she can't seem to replicate how she plays at Wimby elsewhere.

The serve definitely needs work on getting more pop as well as the second serve. The BH is pretty good actually but I get the feeling she doesn't feel as comfortable with it and doesn't believe in it as much as her FH so just slices more with less weight of ball, (often at the wrong time) or runs round it to hit the FH. Speaking of the FH, it is absolutely magnificent when in full flow and she hit some gorgeous winner of it. However both times when serving for the match she became much more passive hitting less weight behind her FH and using the slice a lot more also with less weight or venom.

Let's hope she improves that serve and takes the positives from todays match to push her on the second half of this year.
nimble kitty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 03:07 PM   #288
country flag 4everandever

4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice

In a truly spectacular piece of scheduling fuckwittery, Tara is now walking on court to play doubles with JoKo.

If the preceding men's match hadn't gone to 5 sets, she could have had only about 10 minutes break.
4everandever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 10:39 PM   #289
country flag Gruftgesänge

Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimble kitty View Post
This has to be the most heartbreaking loss of the year for me (of any player, including Joko which says a lot). Each year she comes to Wimbledon gets so close to winning against top players (I know Vera isn't at her best) but stumbles at the last hurdle.
Yeah, last year she came within a whisker of beating Mladenovic at Birmingham, then she came within a whisker of beating Kanepi at Wimbledon. I thought at the time how different her year might have been if she had won either or both those matches. Today she lost to Zvonareva in an almost identical fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
She absolutely had it in her hands. Experience v inexperience in the end
Surely, Tara has the experience by now to finish matches off? She should have learnt a lot from those heartbreakers against Kiki and Kaia. It showed her that she has the ability to challenge much higher ranked player on equal terms. The only experience she lacks is the experience of winning. The fact that her ranking has dropped a hundred places since this time last summer suggests that her long-awaited "breakthrough" is receeding further into the distance.

Quote:
Her game is far too good to be ranked 250 (a nicer game than Broady, Murray and Hev IMO) but the rest of the year she can't seem to replicate how she plays at Wimby elsewhere.

The serve definitely needs work on getting more pop as well as the second serve. The BH is pretty good actually but I get the feeling she doesn't feel as comfortable with it and doesn't believe in it as much as her FH so just slices more with less weight of ball, (often at the wrong time) or runs round it to hit the FH. Speaking of the FH, it is absolutely magnificent when in full flow and she hit some gorgeous winner of it.
Couldn't agree more. She has a special talent and she was an outstanding junior. She won the Eddie Herr 12s championship in 2004, two years before Laura Robson. And, you're right, her running forehand DTL can be a wonderful shot - somewhat reminiscent of Pete Sampras in his prime.

Quote:
Let's hope she improves that serve and takes the positives from todays match to push her on the second half of this year.
I'd like to think so but if she couldn't take the positives from the Kanepi match last year, how can we expect her to take the positives this time around? I'm certain all Tara's thinking about are the two chances she blew to serve out the match. I struggle to see any improvement in her mental game. Sam Smith regards her as uncoachable.
Gruftgesänge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 10:06 AM   #290
country flag vaslav37

vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice

Missed chance here, Moore would have climbed around 49 places. I like her game very much.
vaslav37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 03:08 PM   #291
country flag toddsw33ney

toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice

where will she play now???
toddsw33ney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2014, 08:03 PM   #292
country flag nimble kitty

nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice

Not sure, she was entered in a couple of relatively weak 25Ks in Phuket but has subsequently withdrawn. I can now only see her entered in a 10K Nottingham starting in a few weeks, maybe wanting to get some wins under her belt to give her confidence.
nimble kitty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2014, 07:42 PM   #293
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Tara retweeted this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GTCTennis
Great to hear @TaraMoore92 is back hitting after shoulder surgery post-Wimbledon. Quick turnaround and she's raring to go!
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2014, 09:39 AM   #294
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Shoulder surgery!?

Anybody know any details?
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2014, 01:55 PM   #295
country flag toddsw33ney

toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice

yea thats a shock to my system too
toddsw33ney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote