Tara Moore - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 1st, 2010, 02:35 PM   #16
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tara Moore

I came into this thread especially to see if anyone knew more about what Sam said. That's the first time I've heard anything about a ban?

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 1st, 2010, 03:03 PM   #17
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dawsonj View Post
Did anyone hear what Sam Smith said about her in commentary? Apparently she's on a one year ban from the LTA due to her "attitude and lifestyle choices"
When did she say it (what was the score at the time)? Was it very different from what's in this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ten...-horizon.html?
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 03:13 PM   #18
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
When did she say it (what was the score at the time)? Was it very different from what's in this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ten...-horizon.html?
It was pretty early in the match. It may have been at the change over when Tara led 2-1, but I'm not entirely sure.

I hadn't read that article before, but yes it is what Sam said in short. She also mentioned something about her lack of work ethic too, which is hardly surprising.

I've got some pics of Tara from Nottingham that I'll post in here later on (if I remember)

... for some reason.
Dawson. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 04:20 PM   #19
country flag Embittered

There is something at the 2-1 changeover, yes. I'll try to transcribe it later, or maybe more amusingly, copy the live subtitles.
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 05:16 PM   #20
country flag Embittered

The subtitles were unfunnily coherent and had obviously been primed with some relevant terms (LTA was subtitled as Lawn Tennis Association) with only one slightly amusing mistake, terrace for tennis, so I've decided to give you my own transcription.

BD: You gave us a few notes on this lady.
SS: Would you like a few more?
BD: Yes.
SS: Well, she was practising at the National Tennis Centre but last November after a ton of warnings Nigel Sears who's head of women's tennis said, er, kicked her out and he said it was purely because of her attitude, because of her work ethic and a whole load of lifestyle issues as well. You can make up your own mind what that's all about. Um, and apparently when she was kicked out she did understand why and she did ask for another chance but she had been given a lot of chances. Then she went back to Hong Kong where her mother lived and then was offered a place at the Gosling Tennis Centre which is funded by the LTA and they put together a very individual programme for her and apparently she has responded very well: made the final of Roehampton last week, made the last round of pre-qualifying at Wimbledon and, er, played brilliantly in the Maureen Connolly Trophy at Eastbourne, just before coming into Wimbledon and, er, she's still not allowed back into the sort of LTA fold because she's on a year ban and see what happens after that.

Tara serves a lucky net cord.

SS: Nigel Sears has been very pleased with what she's done the last couple of months but he wants to see what she does after this as well.

Tara serves a fault.

SS: He very much wants to see what she does in satellites and challengers, how she backs all this up.

Laura hits a decent return of the second serve and Tara nets.
Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 01:57 PM   #21
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has disabled reputation

Girls.2010.Wimbledon.QF.Robson.vs.Moore.ENG.576p.x 264[dlmt].mkv
dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #22
country flag Tripp

Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute

I just finished watching her match vs. Laura in the Girls QF, and she is GOOD . I can definitely see potential there, and also a lot of inconsistency, but we'll see how she does.-
Tripp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 03:09 PM   #23
country flag Mforensic

Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to tara showing that with consistency she can win tournys like the 10K at Chiswick. If she can maintain that consistency and intensity, she could be moving up fast.
2008- 25K Jersey, 75K Torhout
2009- 25K Changwong, 75K Shrewsbury
2010- 100K Midland, 50K Nottingham
2011- 100K+H Nottingham
2013- 50K Nottingham
Mforensic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 07:59 AM   #24
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

03 Aug 2010 - Chiswick, London, England - Nick Fishpool

One Moore title for Tara

Within the London Borough of Hounslow, the large suburb of Chiswick, located on a meander of the River Thames, was host to a women’s tournament on the ITF Pro Circuit for the very first time.

The venue for this tournament in West London was the Esporta Chiswick Riverside H&RC Club and was played alongside a men’s tournament which was also making a first ITF Pro Circuit appearance in this part of the English capital.

On Saturday July 31st a British winner in the doubles final was inevitable as the No. 1 seeds, Britain’s Jocelyn Rae and her Australian partner Emelyn Starr took on the third seeded all-British pairing of Anna Fitzpatrick and Jade Windley. With a 61 64 triumph the title went the way of the top seeds for what was their second title won together from four finals contested over the past two years.

Another British winner followed in the Sunday August 1st climax to this tournament as the watching crowd saw British 17-year old Tara Moore, just days short of her 18th birthday and seeded eighth, win a career second singles title on the ITF Pro Circuit from three final appearances; all in Great Britain. This title, her first of 2010 came in a straight sets victory over her younger Irish opponent, Amy Bowtell, who was competing in her very first ITF Pro Circuit final.

Unranked 16-year old Bowtell, a regular in the Irish Fed Cup team since making her cup debut in April 2009, had already defeated two highly seeded players in the No. 2 seed in round two and the No. 3 seed in the semis en route to the final but those two victories over seeded opposition did little however to unsettle Moore and despite the final being briefly interrupted by a rain delay with Moore up 3-love in the opening set, this was a more comfortable victory than the final 63 64 score line might suggest. Bowtell though can look back on her performances over the course of the week with great pride, especially given that she had reached the final despite this being her first ever appearance in the main draw of an ITF Pro Circuit tournament. Her only previous experiences of life on the circuit had been of three defeats in qualifying events. Moore, ranked at 590 as the week started, will now be hoping to push on from here as she looks to regain her place in the WTA Top 500.

At the conclusion of the final the ITF Pro Circuits’ Harriet Grainger was on hand to present the finalists with their prize money cheques.

That was from the ITF website good for her I heard she was injured too during the tournament.

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 08:15 PM   #25
country flag Pebbles

Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute

25k Helsinki R1: Tara Moore (GBR) d. Piia Suomalainen (FIN) 6-1 2-3 Ret.

Nice start
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 08:41 PM   #26
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

WD Tara.
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 01:54 PM   #27
country flag scandic78

scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of

Tara is through to the QF of the $25k Helsinki after defeating Pliskova who I belive is the number 2 seed here and also Tara's double partner. I don't know the score yet, just got it off Tara's twitter

Mary Pierce - Katerina Maleeva - Nicole Vaidisova - Li Na - Agnieszka Radwanska - Kim Clijsters - Amanda Coetzer

Baltacha - Keothavong - Watson - Broady - Robson - Webley-Smith - Moore
scandic78 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #28
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Great win Tara!
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 05:43 PM   #29
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

Tara Finally starting to show her promise!

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #30
country flag Joe.

Today, Tara reached a career high ranking of 449. She can definitly improve on that.