Nike Junior National Tennis Championships 2014 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 13th, 2014, 06:20 PM   #1
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation
Nike Junior National Tennis Championships 2014

Next week.

Draws are out.

12s: http://lta.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...9-E78AB985DBDD (Bournemouth, clay)

14s, 16s, 18s: http://lta.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...E-32FDF1A36635 (Nottingham, hard)

American/school years rather than ITF-style calendar years for the age groups.

No qualies this year.

Even weaker than normal I fancy, at least in the 16s and 18s. They need to decide what the point is, IMHO, and if there is one, offer a Wimby WCM/Wimby junior WCM for next year, the sort of thing the Americans do.

Many players doing two events in Nottingham, which I think wasn't allowed last year.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 13th, 2014, 09:26 PM   #2
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future
Re: Nike Junior National Tennis Championships 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
Next week.

Draws are out.

12s: http://lta.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...9-E78AB985DBDD (Bournemouth, clay)

14s, 16s, 18s: http://lta.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...E-32FDF1A36635 (Nottingham, hard)

American/school years rather than ITF-style calendar years for the age groups.

No qualies this year.

Even weaker than normal I fancy, at least in the 16s and 18s. They need to decide what the point is, IMHO, and if there is one, offer a Wimby WCM/Wimby junior WCM for next year, the sort of thing the Americans do.

Many players doing two events in Nottingham, which I think wasn't allowed last year.
I think the 12s and 14s draws look quite strong actually. The only top 12U girl missing from the 12s draw is Holly Fischer. All the best 14U girls appear to be in the draw. I look forward to a possible Ali Collins vs. Francesca Jones quarterfinal and Eliz Maloney vs. Donia Abdel-Aziz semifinal.

*hingis_forever* is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2014, 04:04 AM   #3

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

My picks:
12s - Spink or Raducanu, slight edge to Spink
14s - Maloney or Collins, slight edge to Maloney. Several other serious contenders (Abdel-Aziz, Jones, Miller, Appleton, Hunter)
16s - Hutchinson or Davies, slight edge to Hutchinson
18s - Asghar

Old Aug 14th, 2014, 05:51 PM   #4
country flag Embittered

No mention of the girl on a 15 match Euro win streak: https://twitter.com/TennisEurope/sta...95861106569216?

But Appleton's going to vulture the 14s just like she did the 12s two years ago...

(Only pulling your leg, Emily, no offence intended.)

Last edited by Embittered : Aug 14th, 2014 at 06:07 PM.
Old Aug 16th, 2014, 12:36 PM   #5
country flag Embittered

No Jones in the 14s. She is in the doubles final of a G4 today, but if there's a causal relationship, it's surely the future affecting the present. Don't know what alternative plans she has for next week.
Old Aug 16th, 2014, 05:20 PM   #6
country flag Embittered

Miller warms up by winning the Road to Wimbledon (an event whose significance has always eluded me).
Old Aug 18th, 2014, 09:39 PM   #7
country flag Embittered

And just like that, she's gone. Left it all in Aorangi Park, or wherever it was.

In fact all the 14s quarter finals feature seed versus non-seed.
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 04:04 AM   #8

Surprised about Hunter and Abdel-Aziz losing. Don't know much about either of their conquerors. All my picks survived the first two days (first day of 12s).

Old Aug 19th, 2014, 05:17 PM   #9
country flag nimble kitty

nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice

12U - Don't know many of the girls other than those who were part of the TE team. Surprised Spink's match was so close, going for a Raducanu-Spink final with the slight edge to Emma.

14U - By far the most interesting age-group (at least to me) as most of the top girls are there. Appleton-Collins could be close going with Collins-Maloney final with Maloney the winner.

16U - Surprised you went for Davies, I reckon Richardson beating Hutchinson in a tight final. John-Baptiste could spring an upset though.

18U - Least competitive and most boring field, JAA for the win.
nimble kitty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 06:04 PM   #10
country flag Embittered

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimble kitty View Post
12U - Don't know many of the girls other than those who were part of the TE team. Surprised Spink's match was so close, going for a Raducanu-Spink final with the slight edge to Emma.

14U - By far the most interesting age-group (at least to me) as most of the top girls are there. Appleton-Collins could be close going with Collins-Maloney final with Maloney the winner.

16U - Surprised you went for Davies, I reckon Richardson beating Hutchinson in a tight final. John-Baptiste could spring an upset though.

18U - Least competitive and most boring field, JAA for the win.
More likely than not, given the score, Indi saved match point. Today's opponent was "overage" (as was Emma's); it's easy for us to underestimate those who suit the LTA's age divisions better than TE's.

Preview of your 16s final in the 18s tomorrow. Jasmine was bewailing her serve yesterday, so probably isn't as confident as you about her victory. Still she survived Lauryn today.
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 12:33 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimble kitty View Post
To be honest, my failure to mention Richardson was an oversight on my part. That being said, I stick with my original pick. I admit Davies is perhaps an obscure choice, but she's had some nice results in domestic tournaments this year. Consider it me going out on a limb .

Old Aug 20th, 2014, 12:29 PM   #12
country flag Embittered

Spink beaten easily in QF by top seed Kartal.

2001 v 2002 final now guaranteed.
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 12:52 PM   #13
country flag Embittered

Verden-Anderson beats Hutchinson in 3 in the 16s QF (Holly's twitter)
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 11:15 AM   #14

Eliz Maloney won the 14s title, defeating Emily Appleton 63 63 in the final.

Old Aug 21st, 2014, 04:03 PM   #15
country flag Embittered

Jasmine Asghar crushed Richardson in the finals of the 18s, so that tweet about her serve was probably just to lull her opponents into a false sense of security.