MJM Cheats, umpire robs Serena. - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 30th, 2009, 04:33 PM   #31
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MJM Cheats, umpire robs Serena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDominique View Post
Well next time Serena might wanna put the ball into the open court and not drill it at her opponent. Karma is a bitch.
If Martinez is so lucky. I think Serena will drill her if given the opportunity.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 30th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #32
дalex

дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena calls Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez a 'cheat' (rightly so)

Rena, why is you hitting straight at the poor gurl, gurl?

Now win this!
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #33
country flag Br'er Rabbit

Br'er Rabbit is a splendid one to behold Br'er Rabbit is a splendid one to behold Br'er Rabbit is a splendid one to behold Br'er Rabbit is a splendid one to behold Br'er Rabbit is a splendid one to behold Br'er Rabbit is a splendid one to behold Br'er Rabbit is a splendid one to behold Br'er Rabbit is a splendid one to behold Br'er Rabbit is a splendid one to behold Br'er Rabbit is a splendid one to behold Br'er Rabbit is a splendid one to behold

Serena is right, MJM was at the net, so its her responsibility to not get hit by the ball, The umpire caanot take away a point from Serena.

Australian Open 2003,05,07,09 French Open 2002 Wimbledon 2002,03,09 U.S Open 1999,02,08

"In order to be a champion, you have to win when you should lose."Richard Williams on Serena after her R1 win over K. Zakopalova 6-3,6-7,6-4
Br'er Rabbit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #34
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Serena calls Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez a 'cheat' (rightly so)

Quote:
Originally Posted by homogenius View Post
Serena has to stop trying to kill the other player when she's at the net anyway.She's doing it way too often (and she didn't like it herself when Maria did it in AO07 final).
I thinkt the situations were different; Maria was down 5-0,15-30.
Vania King, Sloane Stephens
Michael Joseph Jackson|1958-2009|RIP King of Music

Whitney Elizabeth Houston|1963-2012|RIP Queen of Music
lizchris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #35
country flag GrafMariaPetraK

GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of

Maria-Jose is cheat serena should whoop her ass
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #36
country flag Leo_DFP

Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSOFInfinity View Post
Er... wait. MJMS a cheat? You mean the referee made a mistake?
Ummm, respectful players would totally own up to that. You'd never see Federer or Nadal take a point they didn't earn.

Just lot all my respect for MJMS. Serena - kick her ass.
Leo_DFP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #37
country flag CloudAtlas
Lamenting the days of peak SEWTA

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute

Too early to say Serena will lose but if she does no doubt for the next 100 million years we'll all hear how Serena's loss was due to the cheating.
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #38
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

I think that is kinda cheating. It's your duty as a player to be sportsmanlike. By technicality it isn't cheating since it is the referee's decision, but it is a player's duty to admit if it hit them or not. The sport would be better if people were to do so.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #39
country flag Leo_DFP

Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, hitting at someone at net is a completely valid and fair strategy. It's part of the game. It only becomes an issue, IMO, when a player does it too often (i.e. Ivan Lendl). The truth is that Serena earned the point and wasn't awarded it, which is the ref's fault technically, but it's disappointing that MJMS would also allow it to happen. You know when someone hits you in the arm!
Leo_DFP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:36 PM   #40
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSOFInfinity View Post
Er... wait. MJMS a cheat? You mean the referee made a mistake?
Shouldnt MJM have given the point to serena though as she knew it didnt hit her racket.

As for the umpire it was so hard, you can kinda understand him not seeing clearly what it hit. I do think MJM should have admitted it.
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:36 PM   #41
country flag MLF

MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute

Martinez Sanchez really should have said the ball hit her as she rubbed her arm and walked back to play the next point. Bad sportsmanship on her part as a player but I guess you don't know what you'd do yourself until you're out there yourself.
MLF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:36 PM   #42
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

God it's like Dynasty out there

'She better not come to the net again'

I love this Slam

Seriously though, i didn't actually intially think Sanchez hit the ball with her body, but now i'm not so sure.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:36 PM   #43
country flag paul_masterton

paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute

I think the point is MJM should have said it came off her arm not the racket. She doesn't have to obviously, but its nice to see a bit of sportsmanship sometimes!

MJM said the line-judge got it wrong a game or so before and that Serena's shot had been in, so was weird she didn't acknowledge this one.
paul_masterton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:36 PM   #44
country flag ZeroSOFInfinity
The Comeback Begins - January 2010.

ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute

The next time MJM comes to the net, Serena is gonna kill her by hitting the most powerful shot... ever

This is gonna be homicide on Suzanne Lenglen...

Australian Open 2010 Final Result:-
Lost to Serena Williams 4-6, 6-3, 2-6 (Great job, girl! Now prepare for FO!)
ZeroSOFInfinity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:37 PM   #45
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I agree Mariajo should have said something.

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote