Sorana News And Articles - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 25th, 2010, 02:12 PM   #91
country flag teo_honey

teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future
Re: Sorana News And Articles

Hopefully it proves to be a wise decision from her... Although so far I don't know what to say.

SORANA CIRSTEA
~Haide MONICA & Edina!~
teo_honey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 25th, 2010, 08:03 PM   #92
country flag Stevecw

Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future

Oh interesting news

Hard to know yet whether its a good move or not. Time will tell i guess.
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 08:09 PM   #93
country flag frenchie

frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute

Moratoglou is a horrible coach
He is a ballbashing gourou

Radwanska - S. Williams - V. Williams - Kerber
frenchie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #94
country flag the_tk

the_tk has disabled reputation

She worked with Adidas team only in the second part of last year, and it was her better part.
she has improved a lot the past six months
and it seemed like she had a great chemistry with Groeneveld.
i don't understand her decision... i hope it's not a reckless decision
and everything will work out fine
the_tk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2010, 09:07 AM   #95
country flag ValTsunami

ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
Moratoglou is a horrible coach
He is a ballbashing gourou
Doesn't matter, her coach is Platenik, not Mouratoglou.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #96
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

WTA Paris

R1
[3]WICKMAYER, Y. (BEL) vs. WC - MARTIC, P. (CRO)
SZAVAY, A. (HUN) vs. GOVORTSOVA, O. (BLR)
OUDIN, M. (USA) vs. CIRSTEA, S. (ROU)
SCHNYDER, P. (SUI) vs. [7] RAZZANO, V. (FRA)
thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 06:54 AM   #97
country flag the_tk

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/b...257191_1959786
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #98
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Well she probably won't have a lot more entries

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2010, 11:38 AM   #99
country flag the_tk

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/b...257191_1959786

"Even though I lost to Melanie today I finally feel like I found my game. I really feel like I'm getting back on track"
Old Feb 10th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #100
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 11th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #101
country flag hellas719

Here are all her blog entries from Paris:

Monday, February 8, 2010

Hello everyone

I've been based in Paris since December and it has become one of my favorite cities. It has a nice atmosphere. I'm trying to learn the city, finding restaurants and shops... I've been to a lot of places, like yesterday we went out and walked back on the Champs-Élysées, it was beautiful, full of people even on a Sunday night... There's a restaurant I want to go to, Ciel du Paris, maybe tonight!

I love Paris because of the style too. There are some great shops and lots of classic styles. I love the language, too. Everyone speaks to me in French here and I have the basics, because I've been learning it for years, but if it's too complicated I speak to them in English

My academy is 30 to 45 minutes from Paris. When I train there I stay there and I love it. I've never been in an academy before and the people there are so happy - it's unbelievable training. But whenever I want I can come into the city - afternoons, evenings, weekends... I'm always back and forth.

I feel good about the tournament. It's my second year in a row here and it's a Gaz de France tournament - I'm sponsored by them - so I'm happy. I have a tough first match against Melanie Oudin tomorrow. I played her in Hopman Cup this year and lost. She's very solid. I'll just focus on my side of the court.

I'll take the afternoon off and relax today, have a nice dinner... I'll try another restaurant probably, I love going out for dinner!

Talk to you all again tomorrow,

Sorana

Old Feb 11th, 2010, 05:30 PM   #102
country flag hellas719

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Even though I lost to Melanie today I finally feel like I found my game. I really feel like I'm getting back on track. I have to take the positive things out of the defeat and start to get ready for Dubai. I have a flight to Dubai on Friday - so I am going to practice here in Paris for a few days before I take my flight.

My brother and dad are here in Paris with me so I'm going to try to take the opportunity to enjoy the city with them before I head to Dubai. I will stay here in the center of Paris instead of going to train at Mourataglou - it's easier to be here, but I love going to the academy when I can. I will try to go to the Louvre tomorrow with my dad and my brother. I have already been but they haven't. Then I will practice once in the morning and once in the afternoon.

I went for dinner last night at Barrio Latino - which has the same owner as Buddha Bar - it had a really nice atmosphere. People were dancing, which was really nice to watch. But I didn't dance - I was just there to eat!

One of the things I am most happy about is that my foot is feeling much better. It was giving me a lot of pain at the end of last year and was really bad in the off-season. Not many people know this but I was away for seven weeks and could only practice for two weeks before the Australian Open. Even after that I still had pain, so I didn't play Fed Cup. But here I already feel much better. I can push and play without thinking. Now everything is good and I feel pretty positive. At the end of the day, it's just a match, there have been a lot of changes in my life recently, and I'm just glad to be playing without pain.

The weather here is crazy. Last night my mother was sending me pictures from back home and there was half a meter of snow. When I woke up this morning and opened the curtains I thought to myself that Bucharest just moved to Paris.

It will be nice to get back into the sunshine in Dubai, especially for me as I love the sunshine.

Speak to you later in the week, when I'll tell you about my Paris adventures, and more food!

Sorana

Old Feb 11th, 2010, 05:30 PM   #103
country flag hellas719

Thursday, February 11, 2010

So I have been practicing really hard these past two days in Paris since I last wrote. A practice in the morning followed by fitness work, and then practice in the afternoon. Unfortunately I didn't have time to go to the Louvre with my dad and brother yesterday so we went to the Eiffel Tower instead. It was a pity for them to miss the Louvre, but they will get another chance next year!

Yesterday evening we went to this amazing French streak restaurant called l'Entrecote. They have this unbelievable sauce there for the steak, it was delicious, I had never tried anything like it before. The restaurant doesn't take reservations and you have people waiting in line, just to try this wonderful sauce!

Afterwards, it was really funny, we went to Haagen-Dazs and asked for the biggest ice cream possible. When we came out, at about 10:30pm, it was snowing and freezing cold. People were looking at us like we were crazy. We were laughing so much, it took us about half an hour to eat it, it was so huge.

Today I have just finished practice and we are taking a break in Starbucks, to warm up as is so cold outside! And then I will practice again this afternoon. My practice is going really well. Now I am at Mouratoglou I am trying to change a few things and be more aggressive with my game. It will take a little while to settle in but I'm really happy with how things are going at the moment and looking forward to putting it into match play at my next tournament.

I can't wait to get to Dubai, mainly because of the weather. It's so cold here, it's unbelievable. I leave tomorrow lunchtime and I'm looking forward to the heat and to actually sweating a little bit again! I am signing off from Paris so I hope you enjoyed my blog. I tried to make it more about my life off court, so I hope you have enjoyed reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it!

Sorana

Old Mar 29th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #104
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

The Sorana Cirstea Question

by Ben Rothenberg on Mar 26, 2010

In the summer of 2009, Sorana Cirstea looked poised to become the new tennis "It Girl." With Ana Ivanovic vacating her throne through a prolonged spell of poor results, the19-year old Romanian had the game, the exotic origins, and the looks to fill that void.

A surprising run to the quarterfinals of the French Open made Cirstea look like an even surer bet to be the next big thing. She was unseeded and ranked outside the top forty, but upset both Caroline Wozniacki and Jelena Jankovic before losing to Samantha Stosur. The rest of her summer wasn't spectacular, but it did include wins over quality opponents like Wozniacki, Sabine Lisicki, and Agnieszka Radwanska, all of which came during a run to the semifinals in Los Angeles.

Cirstea went into the 2009 US Open with a career high ranking and seed of #24. She lived up to that seed, but fell in the third round to Wozniacki.

From then on, it's been a rough ride for her. Cirstea failed to win another match the rest of 2009, going 0-5 and dropping out of the top thirty. Her early 2010 has been not much better, seeing her post a record of 3-8 that includes wins over #92 Kaia Kanepi and #142 Olivia Rogowska, neither of whom are particularly important feathers in anyone's cap. She has been bageled twice, by Melanie Oudin and Sharon Fichman, neither of whom are known for dominating matches on a regular basis.

Last night in Miami was another loss for Cirstea, albeit a respectable 6-4, 6-3 loss to #3 Venus Williams, who remains my pick to win this tournament. But a respectable loss is still a loss, a pattern which is becoming more and more prevalent in Cirstea's career.

So what happened to derail Cirstea's shooting star? It could be any number of things. Seeing a player she's beaten like Caroline Wozniacki Cirstea's game also never built in any real margin for error, meaning that even a slight loss of form could mean that everything is completely off. She had a fairly slow start to last year as well, but as she played more she got into a rhythm that eventually hit its peak at the French Open. But is that the one peak Sorana Cirstea will experience in her entire career?

It may seem cruel to say that this player who is still a teenager for another couple weeks may already have peaked, but that's the way tennis works.

I now turn the question over to you--Is Sorana Cirstea's best ahead of her, or already behind her?
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 05:45 AM   #105
country flag ValTsunami

ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light

Sorana has a new coach - Antonio van Grichen.