Sorana News And Articles - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 30th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #46
country flag ValTsunami

ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Sorana News And Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by teo_honey View Post
Yeah, it says that at Moscow, during the match with Monica Niculescu, the ligaments in her knee broke because of an injection she had in order to relieve the pain from the injury in her foot. She was taken to the hospital and now her leg is in plaster for some time. Maybe it will require surgery.
That's not true, she's not broken her ligaments. She has problems at her heel and she will begin the trainings in one month.
http://www.sport365.ro/EXCLUSIV___So...e-n109392.html - i don't have time now to translate that interview
Advertisement

Old Oct 31st, 2009, 01:29 PM   #47
country flag Langers

Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValTsunami View Post
That's not true, she's not broken her ligaments. She has problems at her heel and she will begin the trainings in one month.
http://www.sport365.ro/EXCLUSIV___So...e-n109392.html - i don't have time now to translate that interview
Phew! That's much better news.

So, barring any setbacks, she will play Hopman Cup. Does she plan to play Sydney again also?
Langers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 03:30 AM   #48
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

So nothing happened to her knee? what a weird story to have started
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 07:31 AM   #49
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...oviste-5070547

Quote:
A plaster splint and a Burrbery boot substitute now for her adidas shoes that propelled the best Romanian player of the moment, Sorana Cîrstea (19 years, 43 WTA) in the tennis elite. The look of melancholy temporarily removed her wide smile of the past, because today the tennis is just admired on TV. In an armchair, with the TV remotecontrol in hand, she supports her friend Caroline Woszniacky who playes in Doha these days.

Sorana, the heel injury ruined your plans ...
Indeed, I was at the last tournament and I broke a strip of plantar fascia. It's not so serious as it say, I heard on TV all sorts of things, including that I have a torn ligament. It is just a torn strip from the heel and I have my foot in plaster state for a week and a half . Three weeks of recovery will come, after which I resume training. On the first place is health, and then tennis ...

Everyone wondered why you wanted to play in Moscow, given that you were slightly injured ...
That was my fault. I didn't want to play, but I felt better and I said, being the last tournament, to push myself a bit ... I even entered the court much better, with no pain. I think it was a sign, always when you think it is all good something will happen. It was a mistake from which I've learned ...

When you felt the first time that the injury bothers you?
When I was in Los Angeles. Then, the U.S. Open was good, I had no problems for about four weeks. The plantar fascia takes a long time before recovering. Now I took a six weeks rest, so that everything will be OK when I return to training.

How does the recovery period goes?
I'm not used to stay away from the tennis court. I thought however that I can be with my thoughts elsewhere away from tennis, but I can't. When I'm watching TV, I look at the Doha Masters ... Tennis is part of my life ...

Don't you get bored at home?
I thought I would get bored, but I find many things to do. However, in November I will go in Germany to make the recovery

Your place is 43 WTA but you proposed to be in Top20 at the end of the year ...
This is my first serious injury of my career. I do not want to risk, to have future problems. I wanted something else for the end of the season, but that's it.

How was 2009 overall?
It was a hard year, I had the baccalaureate, a difficult exam, which I had to take seriously, to learn, and it took me a lot of time. I finished the year as I started, meaning not too good ... I had some good results in mid-2009 at Rolland Garros (No - QF). I hope next year to be healthy and to play well!

Last edited by thadeuss : Nov 6th, 2009 at 10:13 AM.
thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 08:57 AM   #50
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

http://www.opentenis.ro/analize/sora...-conteaza.html

Quote:
The best-ranked Romanian tennis player of the moment - Sorana-Mihaela Cirstea gave an exclusive interview to Tennis Open while participating in the "Select the sport suitable for your child" event, on which occasion she talked about her injury suffered at the end of the season and her targets drawn together with her coaches for the upcoming competitive year.

Open Tennis: Sorana, the event you support, and maybe for the future of Romanian tennis.

I am very glad we started to organize such events. When I was invited to attend I said I'll be the first to come because I understand the importance of such events for the Romanian sports. I'm glad that tennis has a stand, being an exceptional measure to promote the sport in Romania.

Open Tennis: Through your results you've became a model for children who want to embrace the sport. How do you feel as a role model?

I started looking at a tennis match that involve Stefi Graff, that was the moment when I told my parents that I want to became a tennis player. This should happen now to children: looking at sports and to create models. I am happy that I got to become a standard for the younger generation, now with more responsibility. When I started to practice this sport, this was one of my wishes, to try to get as up as can and to promote the sport. The more children do sports, the more higher is my satisfaction.

Open Tennis: You, at the age of the children attending this event, were very ambitious and you wanted very much to practice tennis. What were your motivations?

I started very early tennis. At that time I did not realize everything that happened and it was normal the things I was doing: I've always had an organized schedule since I was young and I practiced swimming, martial arts, went to school and also participating in tournaments. With such a time I felt like I made any sacrifice, and I think that I had a beautiful childhood, contrary to all assumptions, because they say that when peacticing a sport since early childhood. Indeed, a different childhood, but beautiful, and if I start again, I would follow the same path.

Open Tennis: Changing the subject a little to your career, and unfortunately, the injury you have suffered on the American-hard has affected you more than it had and the situation worsened. Why did you continued to participate?

I want to clarify this, I don't have a broken ligament as is was speculated in the press. I broke a plantar fascia strip from the heel. This injury started 2 months ago, then for 4 weeks the pain disappeared and I thought the problem was fixed. The pain reappeared when I participated in China (Beijing), at which point I had 2 tournaments played: Linz and Moscow. It was my fault that I continue to attend ,I had to come home, but is the first time when I'm injured and I did not know how to negotiate the situation. Until now I didn't experience such situations and I said that I'll be ok if a force a little bit. It was my mistake, I must learn from it and in the future when I have pains I'll have to stop for my own good.

Open Tennis: Now in what stage is your injury?

I need to explain this thing too. My leg is in plaster, is immobilized. The period of immobilizaton was 3 weeks, I have to keep the plaster a week and a half, then I have to focus on recovery, which will take 3 weeks, and normally on December 1, I should resume training.

Open Tennis: The year started poorly for you, went very well, culminating in the quarter-finals of Roland Garros and to the end the injury came. Dragging a line to the end of the season, which were the positive and the negative points?

Overall this year seems good, but could have been even better, especially since I started the year not too great and I finished in top form. Unfortunately, the beginning of the season was a mirror of the end. I had good results, here I refer primarily to the Roland Garros quarter, the tournament that I proved I can, I'am there in the world elite. It was an oscillating year, but I can say that I learned a lot and I hope I won't repeat the mistakes that I've made, and in 2010 to bring more joy and outstanding results.

Open Tennis: What are your goals that you have proposed togheter with your coaches for the following season, in the conditions that, at the beginning of the year you don't have any points to defend?

Exactly, until May I don't have any point to defend, but until then I want to get fully recovered and no longer have pains, because when I start, I want to be 100% fit. I want very much to improve my game and not put pressure on me. I will probably play a little more relaxed considering that I don't have to defend any point at the beginning of the season, but, honestly I don't believe very much in defending points but in repeating the good results.

Open Tennis: How do you relax now, the end of the year, after a difficult period in which beside the tournaments in which you participated, you had the Baccalaureate exam?

Indeed it was a difficult year from the scholar point of view because I had the Baccalaureate exam, and contrary to all speculations, I learned a lot because since I was young I wanted to have good marks because this is how my parents educated me. Basically I stopped the American series to tak the exam, then I returned to the USA, being a very tiring period. I think next year, considering that they will not be this type of impediments, I'll be able to pass more easily over obstacles.

Open Tennis: What is your intersezon timetable and what will be the tournaments that you will be present at the beginning of the year?

At present I hope everything goes well for me. Since I have not decided if I will do the recovery in the country or in Germany, I still tend to perform it abroad. Basically I'll go to recovery on November 12 and I will return on December 1, at which point I'll start training. Normally it requires that on December 1 to go to Las Vegas and after this period of preparation to go to Australia, but I don't know if this timetable will remain in effect. I'm sure that I'll start the 2010 season with the Hopman Cup. I am very happy that I'll join Victor Hanescu, is a competition that I follow every year and I wanted to play very much in Perth, Australia. It is very difficult to go there that because is reached only by invitation and I was very happy to hear the news that Romania was invited. I hope we do well in this competition. Then I'll play tournemant before the Australian Open.

Open Tennis: In a top made by the official WTA website your profle page ranked 13th, ahead of players such as Victoria Azarenka or Daniela Hantuchova. Why do you think you hav so much succes in the media?

I heard this recently , and normally I'm excited. After all, to be honest, we are where we are because of the fans so then everything is because of them, we try to give best of us. Tennis is a sport in which the appearance matter, but to reach the attention of the media you need to have good results, because if you are around Top100 no one will notice you. Indeed, I can say that the results mattered but also because of my open nature, I'm friendly and I always try to help and give back all that the tennis gave me.

Open Tennis: Besides Stefi Graff, you admire very much Andre Agassi, who is involved these days in a drug scandal. After this scandal have you changed your opinion about him?

Andre Agassi was, is and will remain an idol for me. This situation will not change my perception of him. I had the opportunity to know him, to play against him in Las Vegas while in training, and he's a champion in the true sense of the word, both on the field, as well as outside the field. Andre said he was not doped, but took drugs because of personal problems, so there is not a doping problem and didn't affect his sport performances, so for me he remains the same champion. I respect his decision, it was his desire to confess all these things to the media.

Open Tennis: It is known that between you and Caroline Woszniacky it's a very close relation of friendship. Did you talk to her during the champions tournament?

Yes it is. Caroline is one of the best friends of mine from the circit and I'm really happy for her results. I've watched every game she played in Doha, I talked before and after the tournament with her and she asked me if I go with her on vacation. Unfortunately, because of injury will no longer be going on holiday with her. I'm happy for her because I know how much she worked and the satisfactions that are there can't be compared to anything.

Last edited by thadeuss : Nov 6th, 2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 12:54 PM   #51
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Sorana . I like her answer for the Agassi question . She is smooth. Nice to hear she will begin training in Dec.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2009, 02:14 AM   #52
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2009, 01:55 PM   #53
country flag Jekyll

Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of

Thanks for the translation!
Jekyll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2009, 07:31 AM   #54
country flag the_tk

the_tk has disabled reputation

thanks
good to know that the injury is not so serious
the_tk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 08:11 AM   #55
country flag the_tk

Sorana's doubles partner - Wozniacki, will play doubles next year with Medina Garrigues

That means she need to cooperate now with another player..
i hope next year she will take doubles matches seriously
i think doubles can improve her single game a lot.

personally, i really don’t like Caro's game. she's one of the players that i Least enjoy watching
so for me that's great news.
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 08:26 AM   #56
country flag Jekyll

Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_tk View Post
Sorana's doubles partner - Wozniacki, will play doubles next year with Medina Garrigues

personally, i really don’t like Caro's game. she's one of the players that i Least enjoy watching
she played with Keplac in Barcelona and were runners up:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/S...9/1035/MDD.pdf
Jekyll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #57
country flag thadeuss

I hope she will play doubles with a romanian (Niculescu, Olaru or Dulgheru).. or maybe with Kirilenko because they used to play togheter, and she's a good (and hot) doubles player
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 09:07 AM   #58
country flag the_tk

Sorana play doubles in the Romanian team? Or just singles?
Its good idea for her to play with her doubles partner from the Romanian team.

And playing with Kiri its great idea ! you have my support!
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 09:32 AM   #59
country flag thadeuss

Quote:
Sorana play doubles in the Romanian team?
Sorana played all 3 doubles matches at FedCup and played with 3 different players (Niculescu - lost, Olaru - won, & Buzărnescu - lost).
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 10:20 AM   #60
country flag ValTsunami

ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Who said that?