Sorana News And Articles - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 03:40 PM   #181
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future
Re: Sorana News And Articles

Doggy, those links don't work. However, the title of the first one is, "Sorana CÓrstea: I don't have a boyfriend" and the second one, "Sorana CÓrstea receives hundreds of proposals every year, tennis comes first". I suppose there are some people here who know more about the engagement ring IDK her relationship status, but... tennis comes first, I think
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 04:13 PM   #182
country flag Lazyking

Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all

I would hope Tennis comes first, she can't get caught up in being a celeb and should focus on getting better.
Lazyking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 04:41 PM   #183
country flag Doggy964

Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
Doggy, those links don't work. However, the title of the first one is, "Sorana CÓrstea: I don't have a boyfriend" and the second one, "Sorana CÓrstea receives hundreds of proposals every year, tennis comes first". I suppose there are some people here who know more about the engagement ring IDK her relationship status, but... tennis comes first, I think
Thank you, I've corrected the links. So from your answer, I can conclude that Google Translator doesn't work (at least Romanian -> French)! For the first title it gives me "Sorana Cirstea: I have a boyfriend!"

For the second article this time I've translated it from Romanian to English and now I understand that it's not an engagement ring, it doesn't come from a fiancť...

So Sorana can focus on tennis and the Olympics, that's a good news (even if these articles are "old")

So bad that romanian is a complicated language. In Switzerland women tennis is not so popular (especially since Hingis has retired) so it's hard to have news from CÓrstea...
Doggy964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 06:29 PM   #184
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
I would hope Tennis comes first, she can't get caught up in being a celeb and should focus on getting better.
Well, a healthy relationship can help some people with their careers. She doesn't need to become a celeb for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy964 View Post
Thank you, I've corrected the links. So from your answer, I can conclude that Google Translator doesn't work (at least Romanian -> French)! For the first title it gives me "Sorana Cirstea: I have a boyfriend!"
Yup, exactly the opposite

Quote:
For the second article this time I've translated it from Romanian to English and now I understand that it's not an engagement ring, it doesn't come from a fiancť...
Yes, but they asked her if it is, of course

Quote:
So bad that romanian is a complicated language. In Switzerland women tennis is not so popular (especially since Hingis has retired) so it's hard to have news from CÓrstea...
I think no matter where you are, you rarely get news from players who are not doing very well. As in, top 10 well.
Old Aug 1st, 2012, 08:28 PM   #185
country flag Bonk

Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of

What happened?

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...raniti-9914367

http://www.adevarul.ro/locale/targov...747525392.html
Bonk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 04:14 AM   #186
country flag Lazyking

Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all

a truck try to run her down or something?
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 07:43 AM   #187
country flag Skoo

Haha, no, just an army truck full of soldiers and ammo ran into her villa's fence From the first link:

Quote:
Just back from the Olympic games, Sorana experienced some horror moments on Wednesday morning. The beautiful tennis player who was at home in T‚rgoviște woke up, literally, with an Army truck in her yard!

What happened: a tire from an ammo truck exploded, the driver losing control of the wheel just in front of CÓrstea residence. ”I heard a big boom. The fence is broken, but thankfully that's all and nobody is hurt bad. I was really scared, I was just about to leave to Bucharest for practice". There were ten persons in the truck, of which seven were wounded and transported to the hospital.

Apparently, the truck had a pretty high speed, the impact being a powerful one.
Wow, what if Sori were near. Phew.
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 11:23 AM   #188
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

The army guys probably heard of her incredible performance of losing in R1 at the Olympics and wanted an autograph so bad they accidentally crashed the truck in her fence
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 06:33 PM   #189
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Romanian tennis players still dominating the headlines.
I'd prefer some sports news, but you have to take what you can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI3N View Post
The army guys probably heard of her incredible performance of losing in R1 at the Olympics and wanted an autograph so bad they accidentally crashed the truck in her fence
Yeah, otherwise they would have loaded their guns, take on the helmets, rang her bell.

Sorana still sleepy, awake in a second by seeing those full prepared army guys on the door, ready to scream for her life...

'An autograph please, Sorana! We are big fans of you!'

Last edited by Curcubeu : Oct 14th, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #190
country flag Skoo

Aww, poor Sori.

Sorana Cirstea ‏@sorana_cirstea
The way I'm tweeting it's the same way as I'm doing everything else in life...with ups & down !!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYXjL...e_gdata_player
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #191
country flag Lazyking

aww good song tho!
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 10:34 AM   #192
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
aww good song tho!
Yeah, she gives me the impression she has better tastes in music (and maybe movies) than most of her colleagues

4.45 am and my driver it's playing Rihanna "where have u been " at maximum volum...hard to digest this type of much so early in the day...
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #193
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Aww, poor Sori.

The way I'm tweeting it's the same way as I'm doing everything else in life...with ups & down !!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYXjL...e_gdata_player
Good, she's finally gaining self-conscience.

Quote:
Yeah, she gives me the impression she has better tastes in music (and maybe movies) than most of her colleagues

4.45 am and my driver it's playing Rihanna "where have u been " at maximum volum...hard to digest this type of much so early in the day...
Definitely.

The new Rihanna is musically and personally unbearable.
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 10:46 AM   #194
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Good, she's finally gaining self-conscience.
Well, she strikes me as one of the most clever players off court (she always says something clever or funny on Twitter), so she probably has it for a long time now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Definitely.

The new Rihanna is musically and personally unbearable.
Indeed
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #195
country flag Curcubeu

Sorana is having a Blog for the WTA during the US open:

http://www.wtatennis.com/blog/201208...257191_2902342

Quote:
Hey guys!

This is gonna be my second time blogging for the WTA site and I'm really excited. Few people know that I love to write, so instead of putting my thoughts in my black notebook like I always do, I'll put them here so during the US Open you guys can get a look at my inside world...

This is probably one of my favourite tournaments, because I'm a huge fan of New York. I enjoy this place so much that I usually come for holidays here in November. I know my way around very well, so if you need tips on the the city I'm happy to give them for free

Today I had my first round match against Sabine Lisicki. It was a tough one that I won in three sets, 46 62 62... but you guys probably know that already so I'm not gonna talk much about it! But what I'm gonna talk about is how much time we spend preparing for a match and how long our days at work are...

This morning I had a car at 7.45 to go to the site, when my match wasn't until 11. But there are so many things to do before. First I warmed up at the physio, then I warmed up at the gym and only after those I warmed up 30 minutes on court. Then I got the rackets ready, the drinks, the clothes, the tapes, the hair, and I can go on forever... and then if you have a rain delay like I had today, you have to start the whole process again!

People ask me what I do during rain delays. For example, today I was in the locker room most of the time. Usually I put my headphones on with my music at maximum volume, and I try to stay by myself. I don't like to interact with many people when I'm in a break during my match, so I can keep my focus... but don't worry, once the match is done I'm friendly again Grand Slam player lounges and restaurants are very busy, so usually you won't see me in there. I'm in and out of them so I don't waste my energy...

But when the match was over today and I was done with cool down, press and physio, I was free to go home. It was 7pm when I got back to the hotel, so I was at my job for almost 12 hours today! And yes, for me the hotel means home because out of 365 days a year, I spend more then 300 days in a hotel!!!!

As much as I'm trying to call tennis my job, tennis is actually my passion, my hobby, my first love - and when things are going well, no sacrifice feels big enough. Tennis has given me my biggest joys and nothing can compare with the feeling you have when you win... I would give up anything for that and for the sweet taste of victory... yep I guess I have a sweet tooth

Usually I like to dress up for dinner, put my heels on and go to a fancy, cool place to eat, so I can give my mind a break... but tonight I was quite tired and decided to grab a bite in a restaurant close to the hotel with my fitness coach from my adidas team, Gil Reyes. He is the most amazing person I have ever met and I'm very greatful for having him! I'm lucky, I know!!! I've known him for more then four years now and he not only helped me become a better athlete, but he helped me become a better person, which is way more important.

I think that's a lot for the first day, so maybe I should let you guys go! But I'll be back tomorrow with more news...

I wish all of you a beautiful day!

Love,

Sori