Sorana News And Articles - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 4th, 2011, 10:07 PM   #166
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation
Re: Sorana News And Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadeuss View Post
this dude is Sorana's partner He doesn't wear underwears so Sori should be very careful not to get "injured"

At least Sori will have something to hang onto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
From prosport.ro

(Google translate)

A pirouette, a turn and then an outlet. Missing! The two fall, but will immediately receive encouragement. "I have good legs spread? What's wrong?" Asks Sorana. The choreographer explains. Sorana just eyes and ears, while Stephen takes a sip of water. The song begins again. No time to lament. This time out the steps to fix sockets are accurate. The pace is fast. Concentration is maximum. Looks like a Grand Slam final. Sweat appears on the Sorana. Another turn, and then plug end. The song ends. The two receive applause. "No, you have worked well! There's only need a few finishing touches," Georgiana's voice is heard. The decor is prepared. Curtain rises. Follow Banica Jr's famous reply: "Music, maestro!"

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 1st, 2011, 11:34 AM   #167
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Today is the Romanian National Holiday, the liberation from the communist empire.

Sorana devoted a nice facebook message to that special day:

"Nu m-a întrebat nimeni când m-am născut din ce ţară sau familie vreau să fac parte. Însă acestea 2 mi-au format caracterul, principiile în viaţă şi datorită lor sunt cine sunt azi.

România este acasă, Romania este ţara MEA, ţara ce mi-a dat o identitate, o responsabilitate, o conştiinţă după care mă ghidez zilnic şi datoria de a fi un bun exemplu ca om şi ca sportiv!! Sunt ROMÂNCĂ şi nu doar azi de 1 Decembrie , ci în fiecare zi a anului şi de fiecare dată când intru pe terenul de tenis.

TE IUBESC ROMANIA!!!LA MULTI ANI!!! ♥ SORI

Quote:
"No one asked me where I was born in what country or family I belong to. But these two have formed my character, because their principles are alive and who I am today.

Romania is home to Romania is my country, the country that gave me an identity, responsibility, consciousness and then guided me daily and duty to be a good example as a man and as a sportsman! I'm not just today ROMANIAN December 1, but every day of the year and each time get on the tennis court.

ROMANIA I LOVE YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ♥ SORI
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 01:00 PM   #168
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Today is the Romanian National Holiday, the liberation from the communist empire.
Today is the Great Union Day, it marks the unification of inner Transylvania, Banat, Crisana, Maramures, Basarabia and Bucovina (the last 2 provinces united a bit earlier, in April) with the Old Kingdom forming modern Romania

Last edited by thadeuss : Dec 1st, 2011 at 01:20 PM.
thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 06:03 PM   #169
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 25th, 2011, 01:21 PM   #170
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

her former coach is back, Alina Tecsor seems to be her new coach

Quote:
My coach Alina and I are wishing everyone a lovely Friday X SORI
Old Dec 25th, 2011, 05:37 PM   #171
country flag Curcubeu

Finally!

Adidas coaching alone is simply not enough, especially for a sensitive player like her! I'm pretty confident about the new year now!
Old Dec 25th, 2011, 06:51 PM   #172
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping for good things from this partnership in the new year.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #173
country flag thadeuss

Q. Were you disturbed by your hair? You have beautiful long hair. Sometimes this caused a little problem or not?
SORANA CIRSTEA: I think was the wind, not my hair actually (smiling). Kind of was blowing everything around. No, I don't realize what I do a lot of things on the court, so they just became habits.

Q. How big a win is this for you?
SORANA CIRSTEA: I mean, of course it's a big win, you know, but I'm staying with the feet on the ground because I know today I went on the court, no pressure, she had the pressure. I had nothing to lose. So I think that kind of made me just go out there and enjoy it. But now things are changing a little bit. Now people are going to expect me to win next match. I'm just trying to enjoy today and try and prepare the next match.

Q. When you're on the other side of the net, can you tell when an opponent is really struggling mentally or with their confidence as opposed to just their physical game?
SORANA CIRSTEA: Not really. I think when I'm playing, I'm focusing a little bit more on my side of the court. I don't really see many things. But at some points toward the end of the match, I was getting a little bit tight as well. I think it was a very important match for both of us. I'm just happy I got the win today.

Q. You know that Sam is loved here in Australia. Do you think she was stressed today?
SORANA CIRSTEA: I mean, of course, definitely. Sam, she's a great player. She just won US Open. She had a lot of pressure on her shoulders coming out today. I just tried to play my best. I didn't really think too much who was on other side. I had my tactical plan already in my mind. You know, it worked today.

Q. What did you find the crowd like?
SORANA CIRSTEA: I actually enjoyed it. I didn't really feel it against me or something. I actually enjoyed it. It helped me. I'm not sure how, but it really got behind me. I know I used it in my favor.

Q. What was your plan?
SORANA CIRSTEA: I think that's between me and my coach (smiling). But, you know, I went on the court with some really good points in my head. I was focusing on serving well, just trying to stay aggressive. Every time I'm playing aggressive and I'm in control of the game, then it's going my way. So I was happy I could do that today.

Q. When you speak about a coach, you had an Italian. Do you have a new one?
SORANA CIRSTEA: Yes, I was working with Sanguinetti I think for two months. It was like a trial period. Unfortunately it didn't really work out. You know, I went my way; he went his way. Right now I'm coached by a Romanian together with a hitting partner.

Q. Not the beautiful man with brown hair who was very happy when you scored a point? That's not the coach?
SORANA CIRSTEA: That's my coach and my hitting partner, as well. He's from Romania. I started to work together like for a month and a half. I was home in the offseason. I think it really gave me a lot of stability to be home. I really worked hard. I came to Australia ready.

Q. You were talking about the wind. You would think with center court it would be quite shielded from the wind. When you were down there, was it gusting and blowing?
SORANA CIRSTEA: It was actually pretty windy. I was practicing in the morning, and it was like at 9:00 already windy.

Today when I went out there it was hot, which actually it's tough, because I came from one month and a half playing indoors. For me it takes a little bit to get used to.

I think I handled all the conditions well today. Usually I don't mind playing with the heat and the wind. Today, no, I didn't think about those thing too much and just played my game.

Q. Is it more difficult to come from Romania and become a tennis player, or the past champions like Tiriac and Nastase somehow helped the tennis to grow? Do you have any help in your country by the Federation or someone else?
SORANA CIRSTEA: No. I had zero help in my career. Everything was because of my parents. I met Mr. Tiriac only one time in my life when I played quarterfinal in French Open, and also Mr. Nastase a few times.

Everything was my parents were behind me. I was just hard work. Because coming from a country like Romania where you have no conditions, we have three hard courts in our whole country, you really have to fight and get where you want to be.

Things are maybe twice harder, but, you know, it makes you appreciate it more when you have them.

Q. Your parents are not a customer of the Tiriac Bank?
SORANA CIRSTEA: I don't think I keep my money at that bank.

Q. Anne Keothavong tweeted to you, Congratulations, you don't need big muscles to spank the ball like her. What do you think that means?
SORANA CIRSTEA: She's a little sweetheart. I'm very good friends with her. Tennis is such an individual sport, and what works for me maybe is not working for Sam or for Anne. Everyone has their own rhythm, their own way of practicing.

I'm having my style. This is how I'm build. Until now I think I know my game a little bit. You know, I'm just doing my things without thinking too much what the other players are doing.

Q. What was your reaction when you found out that you are going to play Stosur in the first round?
SORANA CIRSTEA: I'm not sure. I had actually no feelings, you know. I haven't saw the draw. I think my mom told me that I'm playing Stosur. I'm like, Okay, you know, it's fine.

Then it was actually funny. Everyone kept talking about her, about the draw, looking forward. I would get in my room, open the TV, they would say, What is the draw, everything.

I was just going out there, practicing every day with clear things in my head. Didn't think too much about what was coming.

You know, it went well today.

Q. There's a lot of focus on German players. There's other players from Romania. What do you think that means for Romanian tennis? Do you work together well?
SORANA CIRSTEA: I think it's amazing. I think we are five girls in top hundred. Coming from a country where we have no condition, I have no idea how we are all here.

Probably we pushed each other. Like I had some results, then Monica thought, okay, you know, I could do it as well. We're practicing together. I think this is what's the main reason. We didn't have any help.

It's true now home like in the offseason we're practicing a lot together. I think it's actually good. It gives us a good rhythm, good stability. When we were on tour, we also try to push each other.

I think it's good competition.

Q. Is there a reason why there are no men from Romania apart from Hanescu on the tennis courts?
SORANA CIRSTEA: I get this question a lot, why we have girls in top hundred and we only have Victor in top hundred in guys. I actually don't know what to say.

I mean, everyone came out individual. Like I say, we had no support. Everyone did their own things. We were lucky it worked out in the end. It's not like a recipe, like a success recipe, you have to do this and you will get there.

I'm not sure why we have girls right now and not guys.

Q. No one seems to be playing like the other one?
SORANA CIRSTEA: We all play different. We are like a rainbow.

Q. There is not a school?
SORANA CIRSTEA: No. It's no school. Like I said, I think everyone has their own rhythm, own style. Everyone is doing their own things. It's a very individual sport, so you have to fight for yourself.
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #174
country flag vuhvuh

vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all

I thought she works with alina tecsor. Anyone has info about her men coach?? thx
vuhvuh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #175
country flag thadeuss

his name is Victor Ioniță

Old Jan 17th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #176
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

oh thanks! what a young coach and he´s also her hitting partner which is also good IMO
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #177
country flag vuhvuh

vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all

Seriously guys he is shit! he is 28 and at the age of 22 he was highest 187. sori definitely know more about tennis than him
I dont like thta decision
I thought she is with Alina Tecsor she is changing it kinda often I am really confused. I just hope she can do well with him but I thought she can find someone better more experienced...maybe she desided as cause of Sanguinetti but idk
vuhvuh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #178
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

I'm just delighted that Sori is finding some form to get back up the rankings - where I think she should be!

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #179
country flag Curcubeu

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...sibila-9567830

Quote:
Sorana Cirstea (23 years), 40th in WTA matches attended the second day of the greatest tennis competitions for children in Romania, Dr. Oetker Junior Trophy.

Under preparation at the National Tennis Center, Sorana Cirstea and lived moments remembered from childhood: "I remember that I put so much soul that cry during matches. I train all the time and I was not very hard because I was less talented, "said player.

Asked what advice he could give Jacqueline Christian, who won the most prestigious junior tournament in the world 14 years, Les Petites I, Sorana said: "I am not able to give advice, but I enjoyed enormously when I saw that he won. not everyone wins a tournament such as it's clear that Jacqueline is on track. "

Sorana Cirstea, one of seven Romanian women in top 100 WTA, said that we live in a very good time and that a ranking Romanian tennis great a Romanian woman will only give confidence and other sports. "Juniors now know that any position, however high it is, is accessible," he said in the interview LIVE Sorana Tuesday morning, the site Dr. Oetker Junior Tournament Trophy.
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 02:02 PM   #180
country flag Doggy964

Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritof42 View Post
Hey, that's a very nice little interview. She's looking (and sounding, with that girlish voice of hers) very cute in the video.

Ah, the age-old question. The one the press needs to ask whenever a young, attractive player suddenly finds herself in the spotlight.
But that's a good question!
Lately I've been wondering if Sorana has a boyfriend or if She is single... just to know...

Apparently, only romanian journalists asks this question. And as I don't understand romanian....

What I found (but once again, I'm not sure as romanian is very difficult):
In may 2010 she announced during a WTA Web chat that she had a boyfriend
(http://www.libertatea.ro/detalii/art...it-289022.html)

Nothing strange, it's totally normal for such a young beautiful lady.

But, last Christmas, she got engaged (?!)? This article is very difficult to understand (http://www.sport.ro/liga-1/sorana-ca...-petrecut.html)

She received an engagement ring, but then I understand that she has no time for a boyfriend and that she doesn't think about getting married... Sorana also said that she got a lot of marriage proposal every year (normal, I would do the same if I ever meet her! )

So anyone here speaks romanian or know the "love status" of Sorana?!

And it's a good question, because we have a bad example with Wozniacki. She was used to win everything (except Grand Slams) but then she felled in love and is not as good player as before...

Last edited by Doggy964 : Jul 22nd, 2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: internet links didn't work
Doggy964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote