Game, Set and John - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 29th, 2009, 07:59 PM   #1
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute
Game, Set and John

John McEnroe is such a good tennis commentator! I was literally hooked on his comments there - kick Mats out and give us John! He seems like he could talk about tennis for hours
A lot of fun listening to his insight!
Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2009, 08:00 PM   #2
country flag volta

volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Game, Set and John

OY i missed it

he is better than mat wilander ? mat is ok i guess
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:02 PM   #3
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

I love listening to him most of the time. He is a great personality and clearly loves the sport and knows what he's talking about. However, for some women's matches it can be painfully obvious that he does not follow the tour regularly, which I hate. Most of the time though he's fine. Probably one of my favourite male commentators.
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:04 PM   #4
country flag supergrunt

supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute

He is good and is surprisingly not sexist.
supergrunt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:05 PM   #5
country flag spriwi

spriwi has much to be proud of spriwi has much to be proud of spriwi has much to be proud of spriwi has much to be proud of spriwi has much to be proud of spriwi has much to be proud of spriwi has much to be proud of spriwi has much to be proud of spriwi has much to be proud of spriwi has much to be proud of spriwi has much to be proud of

john def mats 6-2 6-0 just like dianra thumped nastya today, even though nastya wasnt even playing bad. different class.
spriwi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:05 PM   #6
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute

Well talking about the WS, espiecally Venus he is amazing to listen to. But he doesn't hide the fact that he prefers the men's tour
Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:06 PM   #7
country flag jefrilibra

jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute

I love my Mac. The best male commentator in the business imo. He tells you like it is and more often than not, he's right. Plus he's hilarious too but he doesnt overdo it.

Cant wait for Wimby where he'll be commentating for the BBC.
jefrilibra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 10:04 PM   #8
country flag M-K

M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold M-K is a splendid one to behold

I haven't heard him commentate yet.. Hopefully I will get to soon. I can imagine him to be really good.

Mats is just..Blaaaah! I'm so bored of him and I hate his accent!!
M-K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 10:57 PM   #9
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

He used to be really bad but he's really good nowadays. Really charming and funny.
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:02 PM   #10
country flag starin

starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute

I like him because he's fair and mostly he sticks up for the WS when the other commentators criticize them.
He's very fair to all the players and even though he doesn't follow the women's tour that closely and he doesn't let his preference for men's tennis impact his commentary on the women too much. I would enjoy Navratilova a lot more if she didn't let her bias affect her commentary so much at times. Her and John McEnroe would make a great commentary team.
starin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:06 PM   #11
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

You know what I like about John McEnroe as a commentator? His brutal honesty. When he's never seen someone play before, he'll say, "I've never seen this person play before." He doesn't try to pretend as if he knows everything about the player based on their tour bio. Also, while he will sometimes say, "I would have done it this way," he doesn't compare other players to himself unless he's asked to, unlike a certain lefty female Czech expatriate.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:14 PM   #12
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manatee View Post
I like him because he's fair and mostly he sticks up for the WS when the other commentators criticize them.
He's very fair to all the players and even though he doesn't follow the women's tour that closely and he doesn't let his preference for men's tennis impact his commentary on the women too much. I would enjoy Navratilova a lot more if she didn't let her bias affect her commentary so much at times. Her and John McEnroe would make a great commentary team.
Those two should ask for a wild card into the Wimbledon mixed draw. Even at the combined age of 102, I think they could win a match (unless they drew Cara Black and Bob Bryan, of course).
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #13
country flag Optima
- - - - - - - - -

Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute

He said Jelena was the best mover he's ever seen on a tennis court
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:33 PM   #14
country flag schorsch

schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute

Fire Mats, hire John Oh and fire Anabel as well. Hire anyone actually. Just fire Mats and Anabel
Official Masseur of the Jelena Clinic
Djokovic, Davydenko, Tipsarevic, Wawrinka, Baghdatis, Gulbis, Troicki, Kyrgios
schorsch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 01:40 AM   #15
country flag partbrit

partbrit has disabled reputation

I like him okay when he talks about women's tennis, but when he talks about ATP tennis, he changes into another person--a very insecure, fake testosterone-filled idiot.