In Fairness to Safina... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 29th, 2009, 05:21 PM   #1
Steffica Greles

Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute
In Fairness to Safina...

The girl is rising to the challenge of justifying her number one status.

She's scything through some decent players.

Okay, it's still relatively early in the tournament and if she loses before at least the semi-finals, then what I'm saying is out of the window. But nevertheless, what she's doing is not easy, and she's competing with ferocious determination. I remember when she won the Brisbane 2007 title against Hingis, Martina remarked on her fighting qualities and potential to go a long way. Now, finally, I see what Hingis was talking about.

She's not the most talented number one ever. But then, nor was Jankovic. We know that the standard of women's tennis has fallen, and average players of yesteryear only have to make small improvements and suddenly they're number one. Who would have predicted this time three years ago that Jankovic would have long since been number one, and Safina would ascend too. We'd have picked a host of other players.

But thus far Safina has done the best that she can do, and she must be saluted for that.
Steffica Greles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2009, 05:22 PM   #2
country flag Svetlana.

Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: In Fairness to Safina...

we are saluting her for some time now... you are a little too late, but better later than never
Svetlana. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 05:23 PM   #3
country flag shell

shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of

Agreed. I like the fighting spirit from her. Just would like to see the final results. It would do the WTA a world of good.
shell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 05:25 PM   #4
country flag Polikarpov

Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute

She's really in scary form right now.
Polikarpov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 05:26 PM   #5
tennnisfannn

tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute

It is only a matter of time. Unfortunately for safina shegot to no. 1 after a string of terrible losses, she only started making noise after she made no.1. That and the fact that regradless of what serena has done poorly in the last 52 weeks she has 2 slams and another final, hard to argue against that,
Old May 29th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #6
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. I no longer dislike her as much as I did a few months ago. She really deserves a lot of respect for what she's been able to achieve and the level she consistently reaches.
Old May 29th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #7
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
Agreed. I no longer dislike her as much as I did a few months ago. She really deserves a lot of respect for what she's been able to achieve and the level she consistently reaches.

I wish I could good rep you.
Old May 29th, 2009, 07:42 PM   #8
country flag wales1994

wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future

Keep going Safina she's grown on me! To only lose 4 games to make the 4th round just deserves x100! She deserves it though from all her effort so hers hoping she can make it one better than last year !
wales1994 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 02:19 PM   #9
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest thing I admire about Safina is how she IMO, treats every match like its the most important one she'll ever play. She is so committed and focused all the time, which has got to be mentally taxing and physically draining.

The hardest thing to do right now in women's tennis is be consistent, yet Safina has managed to do that very well.
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:43 PM   #10
country flag bobbynorwich

bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wales1994 View Post
Keep going Safina she's grown on me! To only lose 4 games to make the 4th round just deserves x100! She deserves it though from all her effort so hers hoping she can make it one better than last year !
Yep, 17-1 this year on clay.
bobbynorwich is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote