Who is the smartest, most articulate #1 player of all times ? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 29th, 2009, 01:29 AM   #1
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute
Who is the smartest, most articulate #1 player of all times ?

I would say Evert, Navratilova, Austin. Venus is very articulate, Serena not as much but she's full of irony. Seles lacks vocabulary. The worst is Graf, totally politically correct with absolutely no interest for the sport she used to play.
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2009, 01:36 AM   #2
country flag Lin Lin

Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who is the smartest, most articulate #1 player of all times ?

Serena
Lin Lin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 01:42 AM   #3
country flag Tennisstar86

Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute

Venus

Serena is very witty though...

Navratilova I think not.... maybe if she said half the stuff that comes out of her mouth these days in her head before she spoke and stop contradicting herself she could be in the conversation

Serena Williams

Sharapova

Hantuchova
Tennisstar86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 01:43 AM   #4
country flag Zauber

Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of

what language?
should be other than english right?
Old May 29th, 2009, 01:44 AM   #5
country flag Junex

Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute

(for the OP)

You mean because most of the press you read are in english and half the World #1's are not native english speakers.....

Yeah Right, its quite fair to assume your smart and articulate if you can express yourself well in english.......

Sesil "the thunder" Karatantcheva
Vaidisova-Azarenka-Pavlyuchenkova-A&U Radwanska-Wozniacki-Cornet
Junex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 01:44 AM   #6
country flag -jenks-

-jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say Davenport
-jenks- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 01:48 AM   #7
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Seles lacks vocabulary? In her third language?

And what does Steffi's interest have to do with "smartness" or articulation?

To be honest, I've never been blown away by anything Chris Evert has ever said. She's also seemed to put her foot in her mouth a great deal of the time. She and Austin come across as soccer mom-esque women who are lucky to have jobs where they get to talk all day.

Navratilova is a truly intelligent person: perceptive, sarcastic, informed, humorous, etc. Even she has her off days, passion blinds her at times. BJK is quite similar, and she's also a good businesswoman.

Venus also fits the bill of a highly intelligent person: she's patient, brooding, has a nice vocabulary, and is usually well-informed. She doesn't speak unnecessarily.

Lindsay shouldn't be ignored either.

Jennerena?
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 02:06 AM   #8
country flag barboza

barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future

Lindsay hands down of course..
barboza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 02:07 AM   #9
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute

Amelie, Lindsay and Venus (lol @ Austin)
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 02:07 AM   #10
QUEENLINDSAY

QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future

Lindsay, Venus and Navratilova for me.

Monica,Kim,Jelena
QUEENLINDSAY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 02:08 AM   #11
country flag southern star

southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all

Goolagong...
Sam Stosur, #18, 8 June 2009
southern star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 02:41 AM   #12
country flag NoChokes

NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of

Anne K gets bagelled against Safina, but she bagels Venus when it comes to intelligence.

Venus just looks bright compared to her sister. (and to the other planets on a spring morning)

Not saying Anne is the most intelligent player ever, but Venus? Come on.

KOB
NoChokes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 02:54 AM   #13
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Lindsay
Old May 29th, 2009, 02:57 AM   #14
country flag starin

starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute

Capriati
I loved when she told babies to shut up
starin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 03:13 AM   #15
country flag austennis

austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future

Venus , Martina Hingis..
i think it depends on what their first languages are but both these women are multi-lingual and well educated and opinionated
Kimmy Clijsters
Martina Hingis
Jarmila Groth
Sharapova Dokic Wozniacki Delaqua Molik Kirilenko Dementieva Na Dani Kvitova
austennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote