Bethanie Mattek-Sands... stuck in a time warp?? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 26th, 2009, 05:12 AM   #1
country flag MyskinaManiac

MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future
Bethanie Mattek-Sands... stuck in a time warp??

Not only does her sense of fashion suggest that she may be sent from the future, but it would seem she knows something I don't.

Mattek-Sands quotes: "This is (FO) the only Slam Venus hasn't won. I'm sure she's pretty bent on winning it."

Hmm... 2010 AO victory??
MyskinaManiac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2009, 05:17 AM   #2
country flag ~Eclipsed~

~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bethanie Mattek-Sands... stuck in a time warp??

One of the commentators also made a remark about RG being the only slam Venus hasn't won.

Wow I guess they all know something we don't. Venus = AO Champion!

Lindsay Lee-Waters | Mary Pierce | Serena Williams | Elena Bovina | Jelena Dokic
~Eclipsed~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 05:18 AM   #3
country flag AnomyBC

AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe some people still don't consider the AO to be a real slam?

THE TOP 75 HOTTEST FEMALE TENNIS PLAYERS OF THE LAST 10 YEARS

The biggest, most over-researched and most overly drawn-out hot female tennis player thread of all time!!!

THE TOP 50 WORST FEMALE TENNIS PLAYERS OF THE LAST 12 YEARS

Meet the players that make Brie Whitehead look like Steffi Graf!!!
AnomyBC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 05:24 AM   #4
country flag MyskinaManiac

MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future

ahahaha @ AnomyBC.
MyskinaManiac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 07:02 AM   #5
country flag southern star

southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all

"Maybe some people still don't consider the AO to be a real slam?"

Aye, there was a time that the Aussie really was the Zeppo of the Majors. In 1979, the top seed was Virginia Ruzici. I think she was ranked about 12th in the world at the time.
Sam Stosur, #18, 8 June 2009
southern star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 07:12 AM   #6
country flag starin

starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute

most players don't spend time thinking about other people's careers.
starin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 07:16 AM   #7
country flag southern star

southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all southern star is a name known to all

BTW, the only time VW was beaten in the final of a GS by anyone other than her sister was that time she lost the US Open to Hingis.

Similarly, SW has only lost a GS final to anyone other than her sister once, which was versus Sharapova at Wimbledon in 2004.
Sam Stosur, #18, 8 June 2009
southern star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 08:09 AM   #8
country flag TennisViewer531

TennisViewer531 is a name known to all TennisViewer531 is a name known to all TennisViewer531 is a name known to all TennisViewer531 is a name known to all TennisViewer531 is a name known to all TennisViewer531 is a name known to all TennisViewer531 is a name known to all TennisViewer531 is a name known to all TennisViewer531 is a name known to all TennisViewer531 is a name known to all TennisViewer531 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyskinaManiac View Post
Not only does her sense of fashion suggest that she may be sent from the future, but it would seem she knows something I don't.

Mattek-Sands quotes: "This is (FO) the only Slam Venus hasn't won. I'm sure she's pretty bent on winning it."

Hmm... 2010 AO victory??
Well, technically Venus won all the slams already (if you include doubles)...
Old May 26th, 2009, 08:40 AM   #9
country flag Libertango

Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute

IF Vee wins here, I say the tour give her the AO title. I'm sure no-one would object.

Libertango is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 08:44 AM   #10
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Bethanie Mattek-Sands... stuck in a time warp??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertango View Post
IF Vee wins here, I say the tour give her the AO title. I'm sure no-one would object.
WHAT?!!!
Old May 26th, 2009, 08:56 AM   #11
country flag serenus_2k8

serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont deny that wouldnt make you happy As if they could just hand her a slam

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

venuswilliams serenawilliams
serenus_2k8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:03 AM   #12
country flag Wilson_07

Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnomyBC View Post
Maybe some people still don't consider the AO to be a real slam?
yeah, because serena won it so often and after all these first round losses they probably feel embarrassed to consider the AO as a real one.
Wilson_07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:15 AM   #13
country flag Libertango

Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
WHAT?!!!

Blimey

Old May 26th, 2009, 10:01 AM   #14
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertango View Post

Blimey
You're actually suggesting the ITF to hand her another Slam. Based on what? It's not like it's an honorary doctorate degree or something.
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:32 AM   #15
country flag Libertango

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
You're actually suggesting the ITF to hand her another Slam. Based on what? It's not like it's an honorary doctorate degree or something.
Yes that's what I'm suggesting. Is that a problem?