All Other Romanian Girls Thread - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 25th, 2010, 08:18 AM   #46
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future
Re: All Other Romanian Girls Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectForm View Post
any pics of Dinu?
I can't find any
thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 3rd, 2010, 03:54 AM   #47
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Players who made Also in the News... this week:

Diane Enache for winning Dubrovnik.

Alexandra Cadantu for winning Ain Elsoukhna.

Cristina Dinu for winning both Antalyas.

Indrid Radu for getting to the semis at Boi.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 02:33 AM   #48
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Alexandra Cadantu and Diana Enache both make Also in the News... on the G&R Watch:

Alexandra, for winning the 25K Niteroi, Brazil--her biggest title. She now sits at #300

Diane, for winning the 10K Mallorca. She nows is at #352.

These are career high ranks for both players
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 09:56 AM   #49
country flag Sherbi

Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light

Alexandra Cadantu is on fire. She made the final in a $10k in Brazil and now won easily another $25k in Brazil!!!
Sherbi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #50
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

She deserves her own thread now
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #51
country flag ROUmanian

ROUmanian is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andiyan View Post
She deserves her own thread now
I totally agree! She is on fire! Hope to see her in action in the big tournaments next year!
ROUmanian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2011, 10:28 PM   #52
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

Sad news for Ingrid Radu, she might not be able to play at the AO, due to lack of money. The Romanian Federation doesn't (want to?) pay for her expenses so in order to play at the AO, she must raise EU 5k until friday (Januray 8th). Just wondering if Dinu is in the same position because she will not be at the AO...

Here's a video about Ingrid's situation

Quote:
translation...
TV host: the only romanian junior who was accepted at the AO might stay home. The lack of money is destroying the hopes of one of the best young romanian sportswomam, and we're not talking about alot of money...
Ingrid: I like it alot (to play tennis), this is what I want to do in my life, I mean this is my job.
Reporter: But still, if i understand correctly, there are difficulties...
Ingrid: Yes... there are some difficulties...
Reporter: Like what?
Ingrid: (cries) ...wait a moment...
Reporter: These are tears of despair and helplessness. Due to her performences and to her ranking, Alexandra was invated to play at the AO. The only romanian junior. At the moment she can't go, she can't represent Romania because she's missing 5k euros. These could mean nothing for some players but for our junior this means a fortune. Alexandra's parents can't afford to pay for her trip to Australia. They both work, but 5k is to much for them. They live in a studio apartment in Craiova. Her coach is the one who supports her financially, but even for him it's impossible to find such a big amount of money. Her mother: Maybe somebody could help us so we can keep fighting... All the trophies and cups won by Alexandra did not fit into the tiny studio where she lives with together her parents, at her coach's house a showcase is filled with trophies won by her until now. Authorities turn a blind eye when it comes to Alexandra, it's like they don't want to be represanted by the best junior of the moment.
Her coach: We approached the federation, but they said they can not financially support her trip.
Reporter: On januray the 7th, Alexandra should leave for Australia.
Ingrid: I hope to became a good player, to reach Top20, and to do that I need lots of money to play many tounements.
TV host: We can't neglect such a case, so we invate you to help Alexandra so she can carry the romanian tricolour at the AO. My colleague, Alexandra Petrita, is live and she will tell us how we can do that. Alexandra, good evening
TV reporter: Good evening, you can contact Alexandra's coach, the one who's trying to gather 5k euros so the player can leave for Australia on friday. Also our e-mail and our phone number will be at your disposal. This is a matter of national pride or shame, because according to her value she should be there but we are ashamed because she might not play because of 5k euros, it would be a pitty if this would happen so we invate you to show our solidarity
Old Jan 2nd, 2011, 11:01 PM   #53
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

That's a real tragedy!
I feel so sorry for her!

I would give her the money if I had it...
We should care about our junior players because they will be the future of Romanian tennis!
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 03:39 AM   #54
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully she is able to raise the money to go to Australia

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #55
country flag thadeuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post

Hopefully she is able to raise the money to go to Australia
Thanks to a foundation she was able to raise the money

an interview with her coach
Quote:
source
Although she was not helped by the Romanian Tennis Federation, Ingrid Radu got the financial resources and will play at the Australian Open. Constantin Stanescu, Ingrid's coach, announced that the player will go to Australia to win the competition.

Reporter: Why do you think the Romanian Tennis Federation didn't help Ingrid?
Constantin Stanescu: Because of lack of money they help a very small number of athletes. I rejoice when I hear that an athlete is helped, because I know how much he/she worked to get there. I go on the principle "help yourself" and in this way I try to solve many problems, but when I get a little support it's like celebration for me!

Reporter: How did the Dan Voiculescu Foundation step in?
Constantin Stanescu: Following Antena 1's report, it emerged that Mr. Dan Voiculescu's Foundation will bear the full costs. I didn't hear the news at the end of the jurnal, others called me and told me.

Reporter: What Ingrid plans to achieve at AO?
Constantin Stanescu: Obviously he wants to win. Ingrid never had other goals when she played in a tournament.

Reporter: Did anyone from the federation contact you?
Constantin Stanescu: Mr. Ovidiu Popescu was appointed as a federal coach and I talked to him by e-mail. Unfortunately, we seem to have been misunderstood and that call for help was interpreted as an attack on the FRT's leadership. Perhaps it would have better not to go there. I understand the federation's difficulties and we have nothing against anybody!

Reporter: How did Ingrid reacted when she found out that she doesn't have enough money to go in Australia?
Constantin Stanescu: I don't put her in such situations. She thought all along that she will leave for Australia. When I told her that we must go public with our difficulties that we are experiencing she started to cry and didn't agree to resolve this problem in this way. It was hard to convince her (to go public).

Reporter: There were calls in the media, were there people who called you to help this cause?
Constantin Stanescu: Many people have called and I recived e-mails from the U.S., Italy, Spain, England which is realy surprising to me. All this things have proved that there are many sensitive people around us. I thank them once again!

Reporter: When will Ingrid step towards seniors?
Constantin Stanescu: She already made this step, Ingrid ranks 570 in the world this week, but she played too much and we'll start the senior tournaments with a 25k in Sweden. Since 2011 is her last year when she can play juniors, I decided to play all four Grand Slam tournaments, with the objective to win one of them! You can imagine what will happen if she can achieve this performance.

Reporter: How do you see the romanian tennis?
Constantin Stanescu: I would see it this way: How many 12 years old players are a future prospect? Minimum five, I believe this would be a good number. But how many 14 years old players? How many 16 years old players? How many 18 years old players? Let's follow them! If a player doesn't have results, I wonder what's happening with him/her? I ask, I find out the causes and if I can fix the cause, I fix it. When he/she is 15 years old the FRT should tell the coach: Mr. Stanescu take 100 RON (24 euros) to drink a beer for your work so far, your player is a national asset so we'll take care of him/her, but stay close because if we need you we'll call you, but nothing more. If we can help 4-5 players each year to go pro in a few years I think romanian players would fill the rankings. We have human material and talent, but it must be cultivated in a professional manner!

Last edited by thadeuss : Jan 4th, 2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #56
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Yuhuuuu!!

Ingrid to the Australian Open!

Many thanks to the foundation!
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #57
country flag AnDrEi.b

AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Yuhuuuu!!

Ingrid to the Australian Open!

Many thanks to the foundation!

Dulgheru - Pennetta - Lisicki - Groth - Goerges - Niculescu - Rus - Mirza - Halep

Olaru - Larsson - Cadanțu - Domachowska - Begu - Li - Platon
AnDrEi.b is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 11:18 PM   #58
Tennis Fool

I'm glad this story had a happy ending
Putintseva #1 player

Old Jan 5th, 2011, 03:11 AM   #59
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2011, 03:43 AM   #60
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Ingrid Make use of this!!
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote