All Other Romanian Girls Thread - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 08:12 PM   #226
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All Other Romanian Girls Thread

It's more the scorelines than the players that annoy me to be honest.

And of course it isn't, but I can't remember other players sucking so much on a regular basis after upsetting big names than our girls. Dulko was such a case as well, but she retired now.

Most players when on, than they are on for a week at least.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 08:32 PM   #227
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Let's see Aaron. What do you expect from our girls in 2013?
grs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:17 PM   #228
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

I don't expect anything from Alexandra D. to be honest. I still don't have a clue how serious that injury really was and how long it will take for her to recover, but it would be awesome to see her sweeping the ITF clay swing ā la Torro-Flor this year.

From Sorana I would expect her at least to cut off those emberrassing losses by 50% which would be enough by current standards to let her finish this year inside or close to the Top 20. Winning a MM tournament would be great as well. She will get her chances.

I don't know what to expect from Simona. Her coaching situation seems to be a mess. Instead of expecting results, I'd rather expect her to work even more on her fitness, the results will come from alone then, she is one of the most consistent young players out there.

Irina-Camelia is the girl I'm expecting most to be honest, simply because I know how good she can really be and how little she shows of her actual capabilities out there. Everything else than finishing outside the Top 30 given an injury-free preperation for once would be a disappointment.

Monica should finish the year well inside the Top 50 again, trolling TF a bit and maybe she eventually gets that Luxembourg title we all long for.

In regard of Alexandra C., finishing the year inside the Top 100 again and winning 1 grand slam main draw match (at the FO) would be fully enough to make me happy. Maybe she can grab another 100k ITF title next year.

From the other girls I hold up my hopes for Cristina Dinu most to make some serious progress. But it will have to go step by step.
Elena Bogdan is a complete mess, so is Raluca. I hope they can pull themselves together, but I really don't see it happening.
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #229
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

10K Antalya.

This was 16 y.o. llka Csoregi's first pro tournament. She reached the QFs as a qualifier, before barely falling to Marie Benoit, who won her first pro tournament last week. The score: 26 57 46.

Csoregi is a Top 15 junior. Looks like she'll be playing the next Antalya qualies later this week.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #230
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Ioana Rosca made the QF in Antalya as well, but fell to Ellen Algurin in a straights set loss.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 01:41 AM   #231
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

10K Antalya.

Ioana Lorendana, qualifying into this tournament as well, makes her first SF of the year, upsetting #5 Ksenia Palkina (her second Ksenia upset!), 26 75 76(2)!

She now meets her third Russian in the tournament, #7 Vika Kan--who will be much tougher.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #232
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Lost in 3 after winning the first set, looks like she was dead tired towards the end.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #233
Tennis Fool

The final score was 26 63 60.

I saw a bit of the match. Laurendana looks to be a good retriever, and her FH is her weapon--although it also is the one to go off on her. She reminded me a bit of Mitu. She's barely ranked now, but should be in the 700s in a couple of weeks. Nice to start the new year able to make the main draw of these 10ks.
Putintseva #1 player

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 01:59 AM   #234
Tennis Fool

New year, new results:

10K Antalya.
17 y.o. Cristina Adamescu was the #1 seed in qualifying, received a bye and won her single match, 62 75, against fellow Romanian Ioana Ducu.

In the main draw, she opened against WC Victoria Muntean, which she won in a battle, 36 75 62!

She now faces #2 Andrea Gamiz.

Likewise, another 17 y.o., Cristina Ene, was the #7 seed in qualifying, and reached the main draw after winning her two matches in straight sets.

She then faced fellow qualifier Ella Leivo in the opening round, and defeated her in three, 63 26 62. She now faces #3 Reka-Luca Jani.
Putintseva #1 player

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #235
Tennis Fool

Final results:

Adamescu fell to Andrea easily, 16 16.

Ene gave Jani much more of a fight, but fell in three, 63 26 26.
Putintseva #1 player

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #236
Tennis Fool

Cristina Dinu is on the EL for the 25K Andrezieux-Boutheon.
Putintseva #1 player

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #237
Tennis Fool

Cristina will face a qualifier in the first round.
Putintseva #1 player

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:10 PM   #238
country flag Curcubeu

0-6 5-7

Cristina like all Romanians massively struggling on indoor courts.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:20 PM   #239
Tennis Fool

Putintseva #1 player

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 02:33 PM   #240
Tennis Fool

10K Antalya.

A 19 y.o. named Marina Raluca Tudorache got a MDWC. She plays #8 Nastja Kolar first round.
Putintseva #1 player