Effect of doping to a tennis match - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 20th, 2007, 11:59 AM   #1
country flag samsam4087

samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future
Question Effect of doping to a tennis match

What is the effect of doping to a tennis player? Is this really useful or so powerful? I think the technique is much more important. Don't believe doping is very helpful if don't have good technique.
samsam4087 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2007, 12:07 PM   #2
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Effect of doping to a tennis match

Without accusing anyone in particular, because I have of course no idea "who does and who doesn't", I think it would be extremely naive to believe that there's no doping in a sport with millions of dollars and world wide fame at stake. It's around in other sports and I have no doubt that it's around in tennis also. That's unfortunately enough just the way it is in sports today, taking doping without getting caught is a part of the competition.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 12:15 PM   #3
country flag Uranus

Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute

Helps you not to get tired.
Just look how Mariano Puerta won all his 5-set matches losing the first two at the French in 2005.
Uranus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 12:19 PM   #4
country flag samsam4087

samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future

Doping row over top trio
By Karen Lyon
January 18, 2005

Three of the top women at this year's Australian Open have been caught up in a drugs row on the opening day of the first grand slam tournament of the year after a Belgian government minister claimed one of them tested positive in pre-Christmas exhibition tournament in Belgium last month.

Highly rated Russian seeds Svetlana Kuznetsova and Elena Dementieva, and France's top woman Nathalie Dechy, have been caught up in the drugs controversy after Belgian officials made public the positive result - although not the name of the player - in a bid to clear the fourth player in the exhibition, the 2004 Australian Open champion Justine Henin-Hardenne.

Last night, the WTA - the governing body of women's tennis - moved to discredit the story, issuing a statement saying it had not been informed of any positive test.

"Reports regarding drug testing conducted at an exhibition event in Belgium outside of the Tennis Anti-Doping Program are inaccurate. Neither the WTA Tour, the named players, Tennis Australia, nor the ITF has been contacted by the Belgian authorities. These are unsubstantiated rumours and it would be irresponsible to comment any further," said WTA chief executive Larry Scott.

The confusion has been caused because the testing was undertaken by Belgian Government authorities rather than tennis officials.

Last year's Australian Open started with a drug controversy when it was announced Britain's Greg Rusedski had failed a drug test for nandrolone. He fought the charges and was later exonerated. In the past, players occasionally have failed drug tests because bodies not associated with tennis have not known of certain exemptions allowed for personal health issues.

US Open champion Kuznetsova beat American Jessica Kirkland 6-1, 6-1 yesterday, but the drugs issue overshadowed the result. She said she had not been told of any results from the Belgian test and was critical they had been made public before the players had been notified.

"I think definitely it's unfair to every player because every (one) of us is thinking like, 'What is going on?', you know. I'm not worried that much about it because the truth anyway comes out," said the Russian.

Kuznetsova said she had been tested 11 times last year, including four times during Russia's historic Fed Cup victory at the end of the year. "I think I'm the player who has been most tested. Other players, they have been tested the same amount of times, like 10, nine, eight . . . So I'm pretty sure that everybody's clean. Maybe something happen, it was like a mistake, but you never know.

"The anti-doping program doesn't allow us to take nothing. Even if you are sick."

Despite reports in Belgium suggesting the player had been notified - as is the procedure after the A-sample test has been completed - all three players claimed innocence and denied knowledge of the positive test.

Dementieva, the tournament's sixth seed and runner-up in last year's French and US Opens, said: "I don't know anything about it. They didn't speak to me, so it wasn't me."

Dechy said nobody had approached her, or French tennis authorities, about the drug test.

"We had an unexpected test (in Belgium). They told us that, if there was a problem, they would contact us two or three weeks later. I haven't heard anything and nor have the French federation. I think I am clean. I have no idea about the others," she said.

Belgian Sports Minister Claude Eerdekens revealed the positive test to the local news agency, Belga, at the weekend.

Eerdekens said the test results had been forwarded to the International Tennis Federation, the Belgian Tennis Federation and the player's national body.
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 01:00 PM   #5
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of

There are different kinds of doping: stuff to increase the strength of muscles, stuff to increase the volume of oxygen your body can handle, etc etc

For tennis it's not really about strenght, it's more about fitness and stamina.

Unfortunatly doping is unavoidable in sports where big bucks are earned. A typical symptom for topsporters who take doping is long term injuries/absences and strong comebacks.

Without a doubt the whole top in tennis is taking doping.. how much that's anoter question.
per4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 01:05 PM   #6
country flag MyskinaManiac

MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future

Sesil K. She beat Venus at 15 didn't she? I mean, she had stamina that girl. Particularly on clay, doping is rather effective in fighting fatigue.
MyskinaManiac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 01:06 PM   #7
country flag samsam4087

Quote:
Originally Posted by per4ever View Post
Unfortunatly doping is unavoidable in sports where big bucks are earned. A typical symptom for topsporters who take doping is long term injuries/absences and strong comebacks.
Oh! This is a very BIG clue who are doping!!!
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 01:13 PM   #8
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Its more to do with stamina and strength i would say.

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 01:15 PM   #9

MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsam4087 View Post
Oh! This is a very BIG clue who are doping!!!
It is? Unless a professional player has retired they are still subject to drug tests. I guess you're hinting at the Williams sisters... I highly doubt that that's their motive.
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 01:16 PM   #10
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyskinaManiac View Post
Sesil K. She beat Venus at 15 didn't she? I mean, she had stamina that girl. Particularly on clay, doping is rather effective in fighting fatigue.
That was probably the least taxing 3 set match i have ever seen, doping or no doping, Sesil would have won because Venus played like shit, i don't think doping helped her at all TBH
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 01:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenavee View Post
That was probably the least taxing 3 set match i have ever seen, doping or no doping, Sesil would have won because Venus played like shit, i don't think doping helped her at all TBH
Yeah, but how old was the girl? She was up against a tennis legend.
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 01:20 PM   #12
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There are different kinds of doping: stuff to increase the strength of muscles, stuff to increase the volume of oxygen your body can handle, etc etc

For tennis it's not really about strenght, it's more about fitness and stamina.

Without a doubt the whole top in tennis is taking doping.. how much that's anoter question.
I'm sure that you're gonna be criticized by some for your post, but I think that what you are saying is a lot closer to the truth than what most of us are willing to accept.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 01:21 PM   #13
country flag Uranus

Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Loooooool, guess who just came back and won a tournament after a long absence because of doping? I don't think he would dare doing it again, though.
Uranus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 01:21 PM   #14
country flag HTE
Team WTAworld

HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's quite an accusation!

Caroline Wozniacki cheering thread My sports photos - UPDATED 18. Jun. 09
¤ Wozniacki -o- Golovin -o- Hantuchova -o- Cornet -o-Kirilenko -o- Vakulenko -o- Schaul -o- Vaidisova -o- Mirza -o- Missing Marti & Anna K ¤
¤ Future stars: Barbat -o- Besser -o- Vaisemberg -o- Lukaszewicz -o- Rodina -o- Vermoezen -o- Curtis -o- Jolak -o- Kalashnikova -o- Kichenok Twins -o- Robson ¤
HTE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 01:21 PM   #15
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyskinaManiac View Post
Yeah, but how old was the girl? She was up against a tennis legend.
I think alot of 15 year olds could have beaten Venus that day, she's never played worse, Sesil would have won doping or not, she won because Venus played terrible not because she outlasted her