Coaching changes - NCAA Div. 1 - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 4th, 2014, 11:59 AM   #226
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coaching changes - NCAA Div. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
There is more to it than this. The dual hands were somewhere they should not have been.
are u implying sexual harrassment? i could somehow see that
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 10th, 2014, 10:24 PM   #227
country flag beachman49

beachman49 has disabled reputation

So someone just sent me a note saying Roaming Hands Luke was making $300-$350K per year at Syracuse??? That would be double then next highest women's tennis coach in the country?

Are you kidding me?

To play one of the softest schedules in the nation until this year (hello ACC) and barely beat Binghamton most years.

WOW. Is that A.D. in a coma?

I feel bad for the good coaches working hard and actually winning against real competition who make less than 1/4 of that in most D1's nationally.
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2014, 09:59 PM   #228
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Roaming Hands Luke

The guy is a massive b.s. artist and he sold himself to that AD as the bald-headed version of Peter Smith. There was an e-mail floating around a few years ago that he sent to his team talking about how they were going to win a national championship. The hyperbole was not to be believed. An all-time classic!
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2014, 10:20 PM   #229
country flag beachman49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
Roaming Hands Luke

The guy is a massive b.s. artist and he sold himself to that AD as the bald-headed version of Peter Smith. There was an e-mail floating around a few years ago that he sent to his team talking about how they were going to win a national championship. The hyperbole was not to be believed. An all-time classic!
Oh lord I would love to read that.....

What's frustrating for the sport in general is that a guy like that with public exposure, as well as a few commentators on TV who double dip with USTA pay checks, put out that malarky and the general person believes it is possible and reality.

Last edited by beachman49 : Feb 11th, 2014 at 10:34 PM.
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 08:03 PM   #230
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

This is a bit odd; maybe it was just a slip of the hand by the writer.

Steve Bietau Announces Retirement

Quote:
After 30 years of service to Kansas State tennis, head coach Steve Bietau announced today that he is retiring effective at the end of the season.

"Kansas State University and K-State Tennis have been our family's lifeblood for 30 years, and after thorough reflection and discussion with my wife I have decided that it is time to step away," Bietau said. "To help facilitate the next steps and to ensure a smooth transition, I will be stepping away from the program as of today.
But still on the payroll for the rest of the season?

Quote:
Assistant coach Liz Ullathorne will lead the program for the remainder of the season, Athletics Director John Currie said. A national search for a new coach will be conducted later this spring.
I was just wondering what had happened to Ullathorne.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 05:59 PM   #231
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

NC State
Quote:
Originally Posted by @PackWTennis
Simon Earnshaw named new @PackWTennis head coach http://www.gopack.com/sports/w-tenni...053014aae.html … pic.twitter.com/0asqgatwTp
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 08:27 PM   #232
country flag Bigmanserve

Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice

N.C. state last year's #2 player is transfering out to Baylor.
Bigmanserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 12:21 AM   #233
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

NC State will be an enormous task but it seems like a solid hire. Might be a little harder in D1 when you can't recruit 26 year-old pros, but he seems up for the challenge. Silverio to Oregon is surprising. I'm sure she is a fine young coach, but I'm surprised that they couldn't find someone more accomplished/experienced for a Pac-12 job.
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 04:31 AM   #234
country flag randy72391

randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmanserve View Post
N.C. state last year's #2 player is transfering out to Baylor.
source?

SURVIVOR Announcement

Here
randy72391 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 06:26 AM   #235
country flag Bigmanserve

Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy72391 View Post
source?
It's now official. Remember you heard it here first. LOL http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/w-...060514aaa.html
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 05:13 PM   #236
country flag beachman49

Baylor must have the modern record for transfers IN
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 08:03 PM   #237
country flag Bigmanserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachman49 View Post
Baylor must have the modern record for transfers IN
Transfers IN and OUT.
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 08:20 PM   #238
country flag MotownBear

MotownBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Some coaches like to reload
MotownBear is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 09:19 PM   #239
country flag Bigmanserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotownBear View Post
Yes. which is why I have said many times before. College tennis isn't good for players looking to play post college because there is no honest work towards development in college by coaches. Most coaches have recruiting programs not development programs. J.S. is the prime example, although he will tell you otherwise.
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 10:09 PM   #240
country flag 10sE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotownBear View Post
Nothing wrong with reloading when your players graduate, but for someone that touts himself as such a great player developer it sure does seem like he has an itchy trigger finger when it comes to cutting players that don't develop quickly. It's also interesting that he's so eager to take players that other college coaches have spent time developing.

He's a winner, no doubt. If it was football he would be praised as a tough-minded coach with a non-negotiable vision for his program, which is probably a pretty accurate description. I guess I just feel his process is a bit rough.