Coaching changes - NCAA Div. 1 - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 16th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #151
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation
Re: Coaching changes - NCAA Div. 1

Women's Tennis Coach Minnis Contract Not Renewed

"During the course of his 21-year career at the head of the LSU program he became the longest-serving and winningest coach in the history of Lady Tiger tennis. He was named Southwest Regional Coach of the Year five times, Louisiana Coach of the Year three times and Southeastern Conference Coach of the Year in 1997.

"The LSU tennis team finished 11-13 in 2012, the third consecutive losing season for the Lady Tigers."
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:48 PM   #152
country flag Embittered

Julia Sell Named Women's Tennis Head

http://www.lsusports.net//ViewArticl...CLID=205435711
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 07:19 AM   #153
country flag Embittered

(To Houston from Stephen F. Austin) Patrick Sullivan Named Houston Women's Tennis Coach: http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/w-te...060612aaa.html
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 03:01 AM   #154
country flag ats_tennis

ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice

Has anybody heard anything about the William and Mary head coaching job?
ats_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #155
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

GaTech is open. Bryan Shelton has left to the men's head coach at Florida.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #156
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
GaTech is open. Bryan Shelton has left to the men's head coach at Florida.

This may be the bombshell of the offseason as the Florida AD poaches another coach from his alma mater.

With Shelton gone, I'll be curious to see who Georgia Tech can get and how much of its #1 ranked recruiting class actually matriculates considering that Bryan's been pretty much the only reason big time recruits have signed there over the past decade. Regardless, I think the end result is that their days as a contender are over.

Good news for UGA fans, I guess
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #157
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post

This may be the bombshell of the offseason as the Florida AD poaches another coach from his alma mater.

With Shelton gone, I'll be curious to see who Georgia Tech can get and how much of its #1 ranked recruiting class actually matriculates considering that Bryan's been pretty much the only reason big time recruits have signed there over the past decade. Regardless, I think the end result is that their days as a contender are over.

Good news for UGA fans, I guess
I was surprised by this and feel bad for Shelton's incoming recruiting class because as you said, many of them signed to go to Georgia Tech for the "coaching" (i.e. Bryan Shelton).
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #158
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Read a tweet saying congratulations to former Stanford standout, Laura Granville, named head coach of Princeton women's tennis program.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 01:08 AM   #159
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised, but happy for Coach Shelton. I've followed GT since 2008 and befriended a few players and I remember the first time I met Coach Shelton face-to-face at the 10k in ATL and was just in awe. He is such a smart and insightful coach and UF is lucky to get him. It's a shame he's leaving GT because he has brought so much to that school and I can't see him anywhere else. I just feel for the incoming recruiting class (and Elizabeth Kilborn, their lone senior) as he is a majority of the reason they committed. He utilizes a player's potential and adds more. It'll be interesting how the program changes and how everything will pan out.

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 03:48 AM   #160
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
I just feel for the incoming recruiting class (and Elizabeth Kilborn, their lone senior) as he is a majority of the reason they committed.
Not going to lie, I'd be pissed
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #161
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

It happens to all programs! Same thing happened at Michigan 5 years ago with 4 new recruits coming in. They got the word in July that Amanda Augustus, the coach at the time that recruited them had resigned and taken the job at Cal! That's part of the business! Michigan hired a very good coach and never lost a beat after losing Augustus!
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #162
country flag Embittered

Simon Thibodeau Named Women's Tennis Coach at UCSB: http://www.ucsbgauchos.com/sports/w-...20120612p0h71c
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #163
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

wow, can UCSB challenge LBS for the Big West championship?

But who are they recruiting? Lots of seniors last season..guess we'll see good Canucks at SB?
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #164
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Yes, interesting on the Santa Barbara story. Should be easier to recruit players in Santa Barbara than for Fresno.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #165
country flag ats_tennis

ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice

I heard the Maryland coach was fired
ats_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote