Coaching changes - NCAA Div. 1 - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 26th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #136
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Middle Tennessee St. hires Shelley Godwin

Godwin selected as Middle Tennessee women’s tennis coach

Former Alabama player was assistant head coach at Michigan State
Athletic Communications

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – Middle Tennessee director of athletics Chris Massaro has announced the hiring of Shelley Godwin as the new Blue Raider head women’s tennis coach.

“We are very confident that Shelley is exactly the right fit to elevate our women’s tennis program,” Massaro said. “She is a natural leader with an incredible passion for coaching. She will serve our student-athletes well. I am thrilled to have her join our program.”

Godwin recently completed her second season as the assistant head coach at Michigan State, helping the Spartans reach as high as No. 52 in the ITA rankings this past spring.

“I am really thankful for the opportunity to join Middle Tennessee,” Godwin said. “I am thankful to Mr. Massaro for giving me the chance to come in and lead this program. This is a great school and great department with solid community support. Everything here is headed in the right direction. I am excited to join the department and get women’s tennis going in a positive way.”

A Birmingham, Ala., native, she played collegiately at Alabama and finished her career with a combined 88 victories, including 59 in singles action. She received one of the ITA’s highest honors in 2009, as she was tabbed the ITA/Arthur Ashe Leadership and Sportsmanship Award honoree. The award is presented to the women’s tennis player who exhibited outstanding leadership and sportsmanship as well as scholastic, extracurricular and tennis achievements.

On the court, she served as the Crimson Tide captain her final three years, and was picked as a member of the Academic All-SEC Team all four seasons. She was a member of the Dean’s List at Alabama since 2007.

Godwin also served as the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) representative. In her role with SAAC, she was instrumental in coordinating the tennis teams’ community service activities throughout Tuscaloosa. She also attended the Fall 2008 SEC SAAC Conference in Birmingham.

She also has served as an instructor at the Alabama Tennis Camps where she provided individual training for high school athletes, fine tuning their game in preparation for tennis at the collegiate level. She assisted in weekly structured practices, while helping to improve the technical skills of each player.

Prior to arriving in East Lansing, Mich., and as she was completing her degree, she served as an intern with the Southeastern Conference office. At the SEC, she aided in all facets of the conference and its day-to-day operations. She assisted with the SEC baseball tournament in Hoover, Ala., and other various media days over the course of the summer of 2009.

She graduated from Alabama in 2009 with a bachelor’s degree in exercise and sports science.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 29th, 2011, 05:37 AM   #137
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coaching changes - NCAA Div. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
Not sure if it has been reported yet but former Cal tennis player, Christina Fusano is now the assistant coach at UC Davis.
Fusano's doubles partner Courtney Nagle is assistant coach at Colorado.

LINK

Colorado dbls could get a major boost
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 06:50 AM   #138
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Boise St. hired Beck Roghaar

I don't think Boise St. put a release out but is the bio of the coach they hired for Spring 2011.

Beck Roghaar
Women's Tennis
Head Coach
Experience: 2 Years
Alma Mater: Boise State

Boise State Tenure (2010-Present)

Beck Roghaar enters his second season at the helm of the Boise State women's tennis program after being hired to lead the team at the start of the 2011 indoor season. Roghaar, who played for the men's tennis team from 2001-05, had served the previous season as an assistant coach for the men.

Roghaar wasted no time in putting his stamp on the women's program as he helped guide the Broncos to a Western Athletic Conference runner-up finish in his first season. Boise State concluded the year with a 17-8 mark, which broke the program record for most wins by a first year head coach.

Following the Broncos' outstanding regular season Roghaar was named WAC Coach of the Year. Boise State fell just short of reaching the NCAA tournament for the first time under Roghaar, as the Broncos dropped a 4-3 heartbreaker to Fresno State in the WAC championship match.

Prior to taking over the women's program Roghaar returned to Boise State in the spring of 2010 following a five-year hiatus from the school. Despite returning at the semester, Roghaar hit the ground running. He helped head coach Greg Patton lead the Broncos to the NCAA Championships behind a 19-12 overall record. Boise State finished the season with nine wins over nationally ranked opponents and a 4-2 record in WAC competition.

Prior to Boise State

Before returning to Boise Roghaar began his collegiate coaching career at UNLV in 2007. He made an immediate impact at UNLV, as the Rebels won their first-ever Mountain West Conference tournament championship in his first season with the team.

In between his collegiate career and his time at UNLV, Roghaar worked as the Tennis Director at the UC Santa Barbara Family Vacation Center in Santa Barbara, Calif. from 2006-2007. During that time he also was the teaching pro at the Knollwood Tennis Club in Santa Barbara.

Collegiate Playing Career at Boise State

As a student-athlete, Roghaar was a team captain at Boise State from 2003-05. He helped lead the Broncos to Western Athletic Conference Championships in 2003 and 2005, as well as Region VII Team Titles in 2003 and 2004. For his efforts on the court, Roghaar was voted BSU Men's Tennis Most Inspirational Player of the Year twice (2004 and 2005).

Roghaar concluded his career at Boise State with a 52-35 singles record, which included going 24-10 as a senior. He also compiled an 18-6 dual match record in the spring of his senior season.

Roghaar excelled in the classroom at Boise State as well, becoming a NCAA Academic All-American in 2005 and a WAC Scholar Athlete from 2001-05. He was named to the WAC All Academic Team in 2004 and 2005. Roghaar also earned the prestigious Arthur Ashe Leadership Award and was president of Boise State's Student Athlete Advisory Council.

Personal

As a high school student-athlete, Roghaar played his way to the No. 1 ranking in the intermountain section in the 18's in junior tennis, and was the No. 1 ranked player in Utah in both 16's and 18's. Roghaar also competed in the Jr. Davis Cup.

Roghaar graduated from Boise State in December of 2005 with his bachelor's degree in Marketing. He went on to earn his master's in New Venture Management at UNLV, graduating in December of 2009. Beck is married to Laura Mei Roghaar the couple lives Boise.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 07:34 PM   #139
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Rumor has it that Wyoming coach Kati Gyulai has just accepted the vacant SMU position. If so, that would be terrible form on both her part for leaving her team mid-season and on the part of SMU for timing their hiring so poorly. You can't blame her for wanting to leave frigid Wyoming however!
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 07:37 PM   #140
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Zootennis: D-I Jacksonville University Drops Men's and Womens Tennis
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 10:43 PM   #141
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Pretty solid source has the long time coach at South Carolina retiring at the end of this season due to serious health diagnosis. Sad news for the person and that would be a pretty big job opening.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #142
country flag form

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
Rumor has it that Wyoming coach Kati Gyulai has just accepted the vacant SMU position. If so, that would be terrible form on both her part for leaving her team mid-season and on the part of SMU for timing their hiring so poorly. You can't blame her for wanting to leave frigid Wyoming however!
10sE gets bonus points... scooped it a week early.

http://smumustangs.cstv.com/sports/w...020812aaa.html
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #143
country flag ats_tennis

ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Pretty solid source has the long time coach at South Carolina retiring at the end of this season due to serious health diagnosis. Sad news for the person and that would be a pretty big job opening.
I've met him a couple times and you couldn't find a nicer guy. Do you know what is wrong with him?
ats_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 05:23 AM   #144
country flag form

Re: Wisconsin head coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
Here's an update that came out today on this topic from the Badger Herald and the Athletic Department! http://badgerherald.com/sports/2011/...from_uw_at.php
From what I just heard from a player about their match at UCR today, I think everyone on this chat and at the Wisconsin student paper owes the Wisconsin coach an apology.

The UWisconsin cancer has relocated.... nut job, hook, threatening players with ghetto trash talk and even lunging at her opponent trying to initimidate. (Has a boyfriend who gets high rowdy for his "homey" (his words; I giggled) too.

Based on what I heard, I could completely invision this young 'lady' being out of control and attempting a coup. I could also see where a coach is trying to tone her down and she'd got nut job. The player told me they had never seen anything like it... completely ghetto crazy.

Nice move on her part... moving from U. Wisconsin... after failing to get coach fired... to Riverside. Now that was an upward move.

Last edited by form : Feb 18th, 2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: edit
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 01:14 AM   #145
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
From what I just heard from a player about their match at UCR today, I think everyone on this chat and at the Wisconsin student paper owes the Wisconsin coach an apology.

The UWisconsin cancer has relocated.... nut job, hook, threatening players with ghetto trash talk and even lunging at her opponent trying to initimidate. (Has a boyfriend who gets high rowdy for his "homey" (his words; I giggled) too.

Based on what I heard, I could completely invision this young 'lady' being out of control and attempting a coup. I could also see where a coach is trying to tone her down and she'd got nut job. The player told me they had never seen anything like it... completely ghetto crazy.

Nice move on her part... moving from U. Wisconsin... after failing to get coach fired... to Riverside. Now that was an upward move.
I looked up to see who you were talking about. She never really even played that much and when she did, it wasn't pretty from the looks of her record! She was barely a 8th player on the Wisconsin team. I am sure the Badgers and the coach are glad she's gone!
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 02:27 AM   #146
country flag form

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
I looked up to see who you were talking about. She never really even played that much and when she did, it wasn't pretty from the looks of her record! She was barely a 8th player on the Wisconsin team. I am sure the Badgers and the coach are glad she's gone!
Yep, 11 dual matches in 09-10 as a frosh with a losing record in bottom half.... then she did not play last year.... as I recall there was a reference to a disgruntled player who was no longer on the squad when all the nastiness was being written.
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 12:57 AM   #147
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently the St.Johns coach resigned...

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #148
country flag Embittered

Some changes at Brit-heavy teams.

John Severance Resigns as Houston Women's Tennis Coach (write your own punch line)

Elliott's Tenure as Women's Tennis Coach Ends After Six Seasons (SE Missouri)
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #149
country flag Embittered

A familiar sounding phrase: W&M Announces Change in Leadership of Women's Tennis Program
Old May 1st, 2012, 05:33 PM   #150
country flag Tenniswish

Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice

Princeton coach leaving after 3 years to move back to Florida.

http://www.goprincetontigers.com/Vie...B_OEM_ID=10600
Tenniswish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote