2014 Preseason Singles/Doubles Rankings - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 10th, 2014, 03:43 AM   #1
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all
2014 Preseason Singles/Doubles Rankings

Singles: ings/Rankings/2014-15_ITA_NCAA_Division_I_Women_s_Rankings/2014_Division_I_Preseason_Women_s_Singles_Rankings .htm?DB_OEM_ID=30500

Doubles: http://www.itatennis.com/Page13955.aspx?DB_OEM_ID=30500
slickshoes510 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 10th, 2014, 03:43 AM   #2

slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all slickshoes510 is a name known to all
Re: 2014 Preseason Singles/Doubles Rankings

Jennifer Brady is not on the list because she is taking the fall off. She is expected to hopefully rejoin the team in the spring.
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 04:01 AM   #3

Freshman/Newcomer: http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRa...n_Rankings.htm
Old Jan 5th, 2015, 06:24 AM   #4
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute

First team rankings come out this Tuesday
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2015, 10:28 PM   #5
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Women's Team Rankings
Administered by the ITA
NCAA Division I Tennis
January 6, 2015

Rank School 2013-14 Final Rank
1 UCLA 1
2 Duke University 2
3 University of Florida 5
4 North Carolina 3
5 University of Georgia 4
6 University of Virginia 7
7 California 10
T-8 University of Alabama 6
T-8 Stanford 8
10 Texas A&M University 9
11 Vanderbilt University 11
12 University of Miami (FL) 12
13 Clemson University 13
14 University of Southern California 16
15 Baylor University 14
16 University of Michigan 17
17 Northwestern University 15
18 Georgia Tech 18
19 Oklahoma State University 21
20 University of Notre Dame 19
21 Rice University 23
22 University of Texas at Austin 22
23 University of South Carolina 26
24 University of Oklahoma 20
25 University of Mississippi 28
26 Pepperdine 24
27 University of Tulsa 25
28 Auburn University 27
29 University of Kentucky 29
30 Florida State University 31
31 Texas Tech University 30
32 Arizona State University 32
33 Ohio State University 37
34 University of Tennessee 34
35 University of Arizona 33
36 Princeton University 36
37 University of Houston 38
38 Louisiana State University 42
39 University of South Florida 35
40 Columbia University 39
41 Long Beach State University 40
42 Purdue University 43
43 University of Washington 46
44 University of Utah 44
45 TCU 53
T-46 Saint Mary's College of California 47
T-46 DePaul University 50
48 University of Illinois 45
49 Boston College 48
50 Yale University 49
51 Indiana University-Bloomington 51
52 Harvard University 54
53 Washington State University 52
54 University of Arkansas 59
55 Wichita State University 57
56 Univ. of Memphis 41
57 Virginia Tech 56
58 Georgia State University 55
59 Furman University 58
60 Wake Forest University 61
61 Brigham Young University 63
62 Winthrop University 60
63 University of Louisville 62
64 Kansas State 68
65 University of Denver 67
66 University of North Texas 66
67 Samford University 65
68 Syracuse University 64
69 University of Maryland, College Park 73
70 Fresno State 71
71 University of Minnesota 69
72 UC Irvine 70
73 North Carolina State 75
74 University of Kansas 74
75 Elon University 72
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2015, 05:36 AM   #6
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute Amalgamate has a reputation beyond repute

No real surprises with the team rankings. Going into the season I think UCLA is definitely the team to beat. I think the second tier of: Duke, UNC, UVA, Cal, Stanford, Florida all appear pretty equal right now. I think we'll see a whole lot of shuffling between the top 8 or so teams throughout the season. Should be a good season with so much parity (or so it seems now).
Old Jan 7th, 2015, 03:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
No real surprises with the team rankings. Going into the season I think UCLA is definitely the team to beat. I think the second tier of: Duke, UNC, UVA, Cal, Stanford, Florida all appear pretty equal right now. I think we'll see a whole lot of shuffling between the top 8 or so teams throughout the season. Should be a good season with so much parity (or so it seems now).
Agreed, most of the teams have added great recruits. It is going to be tough for UCLA to repeat.
Old Jan 8th, 2015, 03:06 AM   #8
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Vogasari 21 to start her sophomore season (from 68 in September)
Kordolaimi 52 (from unranked in September)
Pironkova. Stephens. Tatishvili. McHale. Flipkens.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
I'm obsessed with the Greek players. Deal with it.

ANNA GERASIMOU-EIRINI GEORGATOU ALWAYS AND FOREVER
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2015, 03:34 AM   #9
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Agreed, most of the teams have added great recruits. It is going to be tough for UCLA to repeat.
Only Stanford and Florida has won 2 NCAA championships in recent years.

UCLA can join that group and with Robin, Chanelle, and Kaitlyn graduating this year, this might be their last good opportunity.

If Brady doesn't return next year, UCLA may be dropping to the 3rd tier.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2015, 01:35 AM   #10
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

The gators look really strong this season, unlike the past 2 seasons where there were no aces, with Morgan being a close ace. Now there are 3 (Kulman, Austin, Morgan). They have the stuff to contend for the title this season I believe.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2015, 02:47 AM   #11
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
The gators look really strong this season, unlike the past 2 seasons where there were no aces, with Morgan being a close ace. Now there are 3 (Kulman, Austin, Morgan). They have the stuff to contend for the title this season I believe.
They'll definitely be a threat for the title and certainly have a lot of talent. Lack of experience with the 3 freshman may hurt them in may though.
Old Jan 9th, 2015, 03:47 AM   #12
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
They'll definitely be a threat for the title and certainly have a lot of talent. Lack of experience with the 3 freshman may hurt them in may though.
Yeah, reminds of Stanford's team last year, with Ahn at #1 and 3 Freshman.

Maybe good for SF run...
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2015, 05:42 AM   #13
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Yeah, reminds of Stanford's team last year, with Ahn at #1 and 3 Freshman.

Maybe good for SF run...
I have faith in them.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2015, 05:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
I have faith in them.
For sure, especially with the addition of Spencer Liang too. It will be interesting to see what their lineup is and other teams as well.