NCAA singles & doubles draw - 2009 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 24th, 2009, 02:03 PM   #16
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NCAA singles & doubles draw - 2009

I hope Chelsey takes it.
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2009, 05:56 PM   #17
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

If Mallory Cecil (Duke) wants to win the NCAA singles title she may have to defeat both Julia Cohen (Miami) and Chelsey Gullickson (Georgia) to do it. So here's a trivia question.

TRIVIA

What player(s) has defeated both Chelsey Gullickson (Georgia) and Julia Cohen (Miami) in singles play?

ANSWER

Klaudia Malenovska of the Slovak Republic and heading to Long Beach St.

So ALL THE TOP 16 SEEDED PLAYERS in the 2009 NCAA singles tournament SHOULD BE VERY AFRAID OF MALENOVSKA because she is coming next season!!!

That includes the Pac 10, ACC, SEC, Big 10 and Big 12, the BCS conferences who normally claims all the Sweet 16 participants in the singles tourney, they should all BE SHAKING IN THEIR BOOTS due to MALENOVSKA because she may bust up their traditional Sweet 16 monopoly!!!

When the 2010 NCAA tourney comes around MALENOVSKA will be a 21 year old freshman contending for the NCAA singles title!!!
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #18
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Cecil demolished Cohen 6-1 6-0, really impressive
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2009, 07:31 PM   #19
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Gullickson-Vallverdu: 4-6 7-5, about to start the third

Vallverdu was up 2 breaks 6-4 5-2 with a match point at 5-4, but Gullickson stayed aggressive and won 5 in a row. I hope Chelsey keeps it up for the third
Old May 24th, 2009, 09:06 PM   #20
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
If Mallory Cecil (Duke) wants to win the NCAA singles title she may have to defeat both Julia Cohen (Miami) and Chelsey Gullickson (Georgia) to do it. So here's a trivia question.

TRIVIA

What player(s) has defeated both Chelsey Gullickson (Georgia) and Julia Cohen (Miami) in singles play?

ANSWER

Klaudia Malenovska of the Slovak Republic and heading to Long Beach St.

So ALL THE TOP 16 SEEDED PLAYERS in the 2009 NCAA singles tournament SHOULD BE VERY AFRAID OF MALENOVSKA because she is coming next season!!!

That includes the Pac 10, ACC, SEC, Big 10 and Big 12, the BCS conferences who normally claims all the Sweet 16 participants in the singles tourney, they should all BE SHAKING IN THEIR BOOTS due to MALENOVSKA because she may bust up their traditional Sweet 16 monopoly!!!

When the 2010 NCAA tourney comes around MALENOVSKA will be a 21 year old freshman contending for the NCAA singles title!!!
21 year old freshman? How is this even allowed?
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:18 PM   #21
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
21 year old freshman? How is this even allowed?

Unfortunately 21 year old freshmen seem to be popping up in college tennis.

And Long Beach St. is certainly one of the schools setting that bad trend.
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:50 PM   #22
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

A note about Laura Vallverdu for Miami. She has to be so mentally drained after this week and at the same time, feel like she can overcome anything. She trailed Falcon a set and 4-2, before she rallied to win in 3. Then she had match points in the 2nd set against Boonstra, lost those and fell behind a break in the 3rd, before rallying to win. Today she had a set and 5-2 lead, match point, lost that, but rallies to win it in the 3rd. Incredible ability to put missed opportunities behind her and focus in.
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:54 PM   #23
country flag 10sreturns
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

10sreturns is an unknown quantity at this point

Great win from Vallverdu!!! So much for the Cecil/Gully final everyone predicted!!
10sreturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2009, 11:03 PM   #24
UFGatorFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post

Unfortunately 21 year old freshmen seem to be popping up in college tennis.

And Long Beach St. is certainly one of the schools setting that bad trend.

I'm all for foreign players getting opportunities to get an education and play tennis, but really don't like it when these kids are 21 and 22 years old and are classified as freshmen. That's just flat out cheating, to me. I thought this trend was going away, especially after all the players that ruled ineligible a few years back just before NCAA's began. It seems to be getting worse.
Old May 24th, 2009, 11:52 PM   #25
country flag barboza

barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future

Can someone please tell me if espn/espn2 will be showing the final like in years' past? The livestream quality is not that great.
barboza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2009, 11:59 PM   #26
country flag tucker1989

Really not a fan of Vallverdu, but she played great when they came back from the rain delay. Hope Mallory takes it tomorrow
Old May 25th, 2009, 05:01 AM   #27
country flag RobertCB

RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice

Gouci, glad to see you are getting your licks in now because we all know that they are few and far between during conference . I am also glad to see that you recognize LBSU's incoming talent so you do not not have to waste your time posting how The Beach's run is over like you did this season. It is nice to know that some things never change .

As for Klaudia Malenovska and her success against the current field, those wins mean nothing when she begins her NCAA play next season. Some players keep improving and others plateau, and the players still in it have proven themselves against the best the NCAA has to offer. Malenovska could turn out to be another Jenifer Widjaja, Pacific's player that had a high WTA ranking of 186, that bowed out in the first round this year. Not expecting that type of outcome from KM but you never know. She does look good on youtube though.
RobertCB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2009, 07:32 AM   #28
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Chelsey may have lost, but I was impressed with how she plays. Maria Mosolova is unbelievably overrated, ps. Chelsey is the best player in the country, I think. Mallory is no. 2 or 3. Laura is playing out of her mind this week but did not look nearly this good when I saw her play Duke the past two times.
Old May 25th, 2009, 07:32 AM   #29
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Really not a fan of Vallverdu, but she played great when they came back from the rain delay. Hope Mallory takes it tomorrow
Me too...plus what does it say about Miami if their number one loses 1 and 0 and then their number 2 beats the same girl? Julia Cohen's overrated anyway. I never did like her. Mallory haaaaaaaates her with a passion though. Like it's her favorite thing in the world to play Julia because she just wants to win every single point.
Old May 25th, 2009, 08:16 AM   #30
country flag gouci

Will Mallory Cecil stay all 4 years at Duke or will she turn pro if she wins both a team and individual NCAA title?