Anybody into BOLLYWOOD movies? The colourful and vibrant YJHD is out:) - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 25th, 2009, 08:48 AM   #31
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anybody into BOLLYWOOD movies?

I used to watch them when I was younger. The comedies are hilarious and have a unique brand of deux ex machina - not to mention the dancing and singing which is a prerequisite of every Bollywood film. At this point in my life, they are too over-the-top for me, but who knows? You can never predict atavism.
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2009, 09:27 AM   #32
country flag Cashif
Sports Freak

Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanky~skanketta View Post

Worst Hindi movies I've ever seen are Mann, and Yadein. Snoozefests!
It is boring 90% of the movie is about SRK blabbering as a drunk. Have to say, is the only movie where Ash acting is half-decent. The saving grace is the acting of Madhuri and ofcourse her dancing.
Cashif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2009, 09:45 AM   #33
country flag Mynarco
Thank You For The Music

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocash View Post
I used to buy DVDs for as low as Rs. 25(0.5 USD) and each DVD has 4-5 movies. Oh and most of these were pirated from Hong Kong and Singapore, so in that sense, what u are paying is too expensive
0.5 USD and 4-5 MOVIES per DVD
WOW, that's impressive

I already find it acceptable for $100 for 7

For Devdas, the dancing is a part i like most. SRK is not that good in Devdas. I think SRK needs to stop producing romance movies. Comedies are better for him. His facial expression is limited.
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 02:22 AM   #34
country flag skanky~skanketta

skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocash View Post
It is boring 90% of the movie is about SRK blabbering as a drunk. Have to say, is the only movie where Ash acting is half-decent. The saving grace is the acting of Madhuri and ofcourse her dancing.
Well, ok fine. SRK was a blabbering drunk, but I've read the book, and it's exactly how I imagined Devdas to be! I thought Ash was excellent! Madhuri, of course, was the best part. Her acting prowess is just :wow: Wasn't she 4 months pregnant during the filming?
Old May 26th, 2009, 11:21 PM   #35
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanky~skanketta View Post
Well, ok fine. SRK was a blabbering drunk, but I've read the book, and it's exactly how I imagined Devdas to be! I thought Ash was excellent! Madhuri, of course, was the best part. Her acting prowess is just :wow: Wasn't she 4 months pregnant during the filming?
Exactly!!! He was perfect as Devdas. He played the part exactly how it was written. He made his idol Dilip Kumar the original Devdas very proud. Meanwhile, I thought Ash was her usual stiff self in the movie. Madhuri outshone her all the way. I so love Madhuri's dancing
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 12:47 AM   #36
country flag woosey

woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute

i try to hard to watch them, whenever i'm in an indian restaurant. but i find them so absurd and silly that i just shake my head and chuckle.
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:18 PM   #37
country flag Mynarco
Thank You For The Music

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched a relatively new bollywood movie - Billu Barber. The song and dancing are nice, but the story is kinda 1960s.
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Old May 29th, 2009, 08:38 PM   #38
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute

I have watched a few. Lamhe has to be one of the best, if not , the best bollywood movie i have seen.
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 12:46 AM   #39
country flag Mynarco
Thank You For The Music

Finally I watched DDLJ this week..I have to say SRK and Kajol really pulled it off, despite the ending the movie is awesome.

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 12:48 AM   #40
country flag Mynarco
Thank You For The Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Sun View Post
Haven't seen Yaadein, but I agree that Maan was a snoozefest.

Chal Mere Bhai was really boring, too...

Anybody else seen Taare Zameen Par? Love that movie.
I watched it. Aamir Khan looks young as always

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 01:19 AM   #41
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute

Just bought Om Shanti Om a week ago in Malaysia...watched it the other day with subtitles this time!! Deepika Padukone Loveeeeee Main Agar Kahoon, Ajab Si and the very end scene...

Best Bollywood movies i've seen:

1. Om Shanti Om
2. Lagaan: Once Upon A Time in India
3. Salaam Namaste

Desperate to see:
Taare Zameen Par (I think the whole thing is on youtube? I saw the first 10 minutes a couple of days ago and really liked it)
Kabhi Khush Kabhi Gham (love the title song)
Devdas (only seen some of it...Dola Re Dola)
Sholay
Ghajini
Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
Race (I thought it was Arabic...because I absolutely love the theme song Pehli Nazar Mein by Atif Aslam)
Hayato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 01:28 AM   #42
country flag jefrilibra

jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt know there's a Bollywood thread here.

Im a sucker for Bollywood films. Just watched these movies recently but they arent new films.

Hum Aapke Hain Koun (Who Am I To You) - One of thhe best Ive seen. Great music and plot.

Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (Big-hearted will take the bride)- Shah Rukh Khan was impressive.

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai - Perennial fav. The music is just brilliant and Kajol was just beautiful

Just downloaded My Name Is Khan and will watch this weekend. Reunion kajol and S R Khan.
jefrilibra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 01:45 AM   #43
country flag Mynarco
Thank You For The Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefrilibra View Post

Im a sucker for Bollywood films. Just watched these movies recently but they arent new films.

Hum Aapke Hain Koun (Who Am I To You) - One of thhe best Ive seen. Great music and plot.

Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (Big-hearted will take the bride)- Shah Rukh Khan was impressive.

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai - Perennial fav. The music is just brilliant and Kajol was just beautiful

Just downloaded My Name Is Khan and will watch this weekend. Reunion kajol and S R Khan.
Just bought Kuch Kuch Hota Hai DVD in Amazon

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 02:06 AM   #44
country flag Mynarco
Thank You For The Music

My bollywood ranking:

1. Om Shanti Om
2. Don (SRK one)
3. DDLJ
4. Ghajini

Above Average: Kal Ho Naa Ho, Jab We Met, Taare Zameen Par, Dostana(John Abraham is )
Meh: Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi

Rubbish: Billu Barber, Chandhi Chowk to China(I don't classify it as Bollywood Movie anyway, it's a hollywood production)

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 02:15 AM   #45
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefrilibra View Post

Pirate I can download it, but I will drive either to Tampa or Miami to see it over the weekend. It's playing in my city
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote